Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-416.jpg
image-722.jpg
image-277.jpg
image-680.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I'm thinking about a Metallica and can't locate a pro near me and was thinking new. What should I expect to pay? Should I wait and find a Huo?

#2 9 years ago

NIB for MET Pro LED I believe is 4900'ish. (Going off the rumor mill, not a quote I recieved personally)

I've seen couple bone stock HUO MET for 4200-4400 over the last several months.

If it has mods, some will say it doesn't add value, but overall the cost is likely to exceed the stock ones.

I just purchased a HOU MET and is what I'd consider heavily modded. There are only a couple things I may add to it. Accordingly I payed a bit more than the stock ones I've seen for sale. But, I'm happy with what I'm getting. In the end, it's all about what it's worth to you.

#3 9 years ago

The problem I had was, I couldn't find a HUO one to buy. The used market on them is pretty thin.

I'd think it's easy to find a retailer to sell you one for 4700. Possible to get one cheaper if you shop around.

#4 9 years ago

I got a quote for 4900 shipped. I suppose there are deals to be had if you shop around and someone really wants to sell a game.

1 week later
#5 9 years ago

I'm also looking into getting a Metallica Pro. I'm seeing $5,000 for NIB shipped non-LED. Where are people seeing the better prices out there?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from sfbrian:

I'm also looking into getting a Metallica Pro. I'm seeing $5,000 for NIB shipped non-LED. Where are people seeing the better prices out there?

Pinball Refinery will beat that price, that's where I got mine from and it's the LED version. Unless prices went up in the last few weeks, not sure on that. Just give them a call.

I was also looking for a used one but got tired of looking and waiting, so I just went the NIB route and am happy I did.

#7 9 years ago

Tilt Amusements over in Columbus can get you a Pro for $4400 NIB and I believe $4600 LED'd - double check with him before calling my words as gospel. Don't know how shipping works though. We are blessed enough to have Trent so close that I can just drive over and not worry about shipping.

#8 9 years ago

Used is really hard to find, and if you find one, they are $4300. Spend $4700 and get it NIB. I haven't had one regret with mine. If you need nib shipped, call Game Exchange.

#9 9 years ago

Ok well let me pose this question- do I buy a nib pro or spend a little more and get a used premium? I am close to enough for one and it would require some borrowing from different areas to do it but wondering if that's the way to go.

I know premium would be the better game but it would stretch me a little thin and wondering if it's worth it

#10 9 years ago

Personally I would go for the HUO premium - I much prefer physical balls locks. Also, any taxes paid on a pro are a total waste.

#11 9 years ago

Well I just brought home a Huo premium and I couldn't be happier. I am heading down now to set it up. I think it was the right way to go.
I'll post pics soon

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Well I just brought home a Huo premium and I couldn't be happier. I am heading down now to set it up. I think it was the right way to go.
I'll post pics soon

Roadcase or Monsters?

First thing I would recommend you need to do is get the sparky airball protector plastic. Visit the owners thread for more info. There is a guy who makes them, but if you are handy with a dremel and have some clear lexan you can make your own using the original as a template.

One other recommendation is an external sub.

Have fun and welcome to the club!

Rob

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Roadcase or Monsters?
First thing I would recommend you need to do is get the sparky airball protector plastic. Visit the owners thread for more info. There is a guy who makes them, but if you are handy with a dremel and have some clear lexan you can make your own using the original as a template.
Rob

It's a Monster, he picked up the one Dark Knight had for sale.

Quoted from Hdmike444:Well I just brought home a Huo premium and I couldn't be happier. I am heading down now to set it up. I think it was the right way to go.
I'll post pics soon

Awesome job man. I'm picking up Enzo's pro that sold a couple weeks ago. Still liked that premium, just didn't have the cash to upgrade to it. Love to see some photos

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Roadcase or Monsters?
Rob

Yes it is dark knights monster, I actually prefer this to the road case. And it already has the extra plastic protector on it so I'm good to go.
A friend is going to loan me a sub so I can try it. I have never used one but read that I can hook two games to one so I may do that and LOTR .

Such a great game and it looks like it is brand new.
I'll get some pics up tonight.

#15 9 years ago

How much does a HUO Premium go for these days above a NiB Pro? I am in the market just after christmas and finding a HUO within couple hours of me might easily justify the cost vs a Pro shipped. I know prices can vary but what can I expect for a nice HUO Premium?

#16 9 years ago

Mid to high 5k range
Mine is literally perfect and has zero issues and not a mark on it.

#17 9 years ago

HUO Pro 4100-4400 +/-
HUO Premium 5600-6000 +/-

All depends on condition, mods and how motivated the seller is.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

HUO Pro 4100-4400 +/-
HUO Premium 5600-6000 +/-
All depends on condition, mods and how motivated the seller is.

last price I saw on this HUO was $5500 with some nice add ons, not sure what it went for

#19 9 years ago

With money you saved order a set of plastics, ramps, etc...

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I'll post pics soon

Don't ever sell it! Premium's were meant for the home environment, and the pro for on locations. This is what was explained to me anyways, but I figure you get what you can afford. Luckily I had enough coin for a Premium.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

last price I saw on this HUO was $5500 with some nice add ons, not sure what it went for

Just that and I'm completely happy with paying that.

#22 9 years ago

Just a fewimage-416.jpgimage-416.jpgimage-722.jpgimage-722.jpgimage-277.jpgimage-277.jpgimage-680.jpgimage-680.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
$ 12.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-metallica-whats-the-going-rate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.