Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Drac 2 (resized).JPG
Mustang when new (resized).jpg
1492699941019 (resized).jpg
1nj7ky (resized).jpg
droppingfbombs (resized).jpg
star-wars-may-the-force-be-with-you-by-buzzyquote-on-deviantart-irIKlY-clipart (resized).jpg
IMG_0615 (resized).JPG
Leo (resized).jpg
IMG_0867 (resized).JPG
stern_sucks (resized).png
20170407_124056 (resized).jpg
WTF (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
IMG_6775 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
Metallica Pinball 7 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#248 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The scratches should warrant a decal, for sure. I'm not so sure about the leg bolt holes. Would I be mad about it? Sure. But my NIB AC/DC had a few minor scuffs from the factory (seriously, minor) and my GBLE had a couple of dents from packing it up. It happens. It doesn't mean that it's not disappointing.
The real issue is that it won't affect anything on how the game plays at all, but some jerk will hammer the OP about condition if/when he tries to sell the game. I get that he doesn't want something on his game that somebody is going to want to ding him $300-$400 for, especially for something that was present direct from the factory.
Personally, I wish we could chill a bit more about those little flaws when buying a game. As long as the playfield is in good shape and there's no structural damage, I tend to let any other little concerns just go. Maybe it means that have a cab with a hidden ding or scratch in my row of pins, but nobody ever cares until I try to sell it on Pinside and suddenly it's a HUGE ISSUE.
All that said, because of the resale value issue, I hope the OP gets taken care of properly by Stern.

Remember, he also has holes drilled in the wrong spot which could possibly cause the wood to split.

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You really think the wood will spit there?

Thats the thing, I dont know. My first pin was METLE nib and if it would have come with extra holes and scratched Id be freaking too. So he comes on here for some advice and some people are saying he is justified, while others tell him to get a new hobby.. It wood and its a damaged area, so yea maybe it could over time and well outside of the timeframe to get anything done about it.

1 week later
#302 6 years ago
Quoted from GreenMarine:

Ok, finally a resolution. The week following my issue, JJ reached out to Stern directly and advised them of the situation. Stern agreed that the game was not up to standards and agreed to arrange for pick up of the game. They also agreed to ship me a replacement directly from their factory. Shelley from Stern reached out to me to make the arrangements. The replacement game was QC'd by Pat Powers and he oversaw the boxing of the game. I received that new game today but unfortunately it too was damaged. When it arrived I noticed the top corner of the box was crunched. I knew that I had to open it and inspect this one before the driver left. After opening I saw decal and cabinet damage. The cabinet was cracking along the seams. Possibly the shipping company had dropped the machine and caused this damage. I refused delivery and immediately contacted JJ. He asked me what I wanted to do? Another replacement or a refund? Although I really really wanted the game and I had purchased a bunch of mods, the pinball gods were telling me otherwise. I decided to just take the refund and not deal with another potential problem. JJ really stepped up during this process and made sure that I was taken care of. He always answered all of my messages and replied with updates. I didn't get the game I've been wanting but I don't regret dealing with Game Exchange. Wasn't their fault but they covered me and for that I say Thank You!!

Fuck!!! WTF. Sorry man. Find a good HUO game and play on. Its a great game...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 12.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-metallica-damaged?tu=roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.