Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Drac 2 (resized).JPG
Mustang when new (resized).jpg
1492699941019 (resized).jpg
1nj7ky (resized).jpg
droppingfbombs (resized).jpg
star-wars-may-the-force-be-with-you-by-buzzyquote-on-deviantart-irIKlY-clipart (resized).jpg
IMG_0615 (resized).JPG
Leo (resized).jpg
IMG_0867 (resized).JPG
stern_sucks (resized).png
20170407_124056 (resized).jpg
WTF (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
IMG_6775 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
Metallica Pinball 7 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 7 years ago

I can't believe some of the responses here.

"If you feel your game issues a worth a thread go find a new hobby"

what? Talk about attitude - the guy just dropped some serious coin on a new pinball table and deserves better. I for one would be pissed as well and it's not helpful to tell him to find a diff hobby. In fact it's attitudes like that which permit Stern to continue to do this ABSOLUTE BS. Maybe b/c I'm less than 2 years into the hobby too and therefore not so "used" to this BS, but any other time you drop 7k and don't get a NIB condition - generally that's called CRAZY.

OP - work with your distro, CC, call stern - basically raise HELL. This is not the way it's supposed to be. Lesson learned is tear down the entire package before accepting - no joke.

#114 7 years ago

Sorry but I still can't believe people are coming into this thread and defending stern or better yet - saying things like stop complaining and start flipping. Please. What a bunch of BS. Unless these are stern employees - it's almost unbelievable that a flawed product being delivered to a person is the buyer's fault.....AND AT 7k!!!

Did the OP purchase a NIB MET with scratches and cab issues? No - he bought a brand new pinball machine. As for the person saying he should know what he's buying and if it's happened before, expect it can happen again......REALLY? So we're going to use defects/issues in the past to wipe away the sellers responsibilities?

This thread is so crazy yet frustrating b/c CONSUMERS on these boards are actually defending this BS. Stern must be having a party right now.

OP has every right to make a thread about this. Distro decided to jump in and name names not him. If I was new and bought my first NIB and this happened I would share it here too so I can learn how to best resolve the situation.

OP best of luck.

#149 7 years ago

So just for the record here - I've heard that JJ is a great distributor. My amazement is not with him or the process it takes to get something fixed. To me, JJ seems like he is moving quickly and trying to get this resolved. Not sure about that restocking fee comment (as that's not right in this situation) but ultimately JJ is working to take care of it.

My concern is with people who think this is normal and the buyer should just deal with it. That's completely ridiculous.

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

Umm, no I wouldn't buy them. I do buy NIB though. I opened up my Aerosmith a couple weeks ago. Clearcoat chipped after 70 plays. Took a picture. Sent it to the distributor. I guess I should have started a thread 30 seconds after sending my distributor an email. Then called the attorney general b/c I decide what is acceptable quality for pinball machines and how they should hold up with a steel ball flying around. Instead, I placed mylar over it and hit the start button. I bought the pin to play and not look at. It's not an investment. It's a pinball machine to be played and enjoyed by everyone that comes to my house. Everyone still enjoys it. Like I said before, the OP should just set it up and play it. Wait for your new decal then install it or not.

Sorry but I call this the "sucker" approach and I wouldn't suggest anyone be a sucker. Good for you that you're willing to just take it in the pants b/c crap happens and people still enjoy it. I pay 7k for NIB, I expect NIB. I applaud folks for standing up and not being a sucker sorry.

And for the guy who mentioned pinballs used to be built to take X amount of quarters that the bottom would drop out and he would put gum on the bottom - not sure this has any relevance considering that's routed games from the 80/90s and OP is talking NIB.

Again - what this thread has proven is why Stern is not giving a ___ about quality. Why the hell should they when people are telling others to blindly accept NIB with issues. New decals is not the answer unless they send a cab with new decals on them b/c I for one wouldn't lift a finger to put those new decals on. It's not easy to do!!! You also don't need to buy a NIB to comment on this - get out of here. It's just called common sense.

1 week later
#303 6 years ago

Glad to hear that both stern and JJ stepped up. JJ has a good reputation so great to hear.

Believe me - you're smarter for not buying it NIB. You'll get a great HUO metallica and save a ton.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 25.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-metallica-damaged?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.