• Latest reply 10 years ago by herg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2013-12-16 21.52.46.jpg
#1 10 years ago

So, out of the box a ball can't make the left loop. I'm not sure if something came loose in shipping but I'm pretty pissed. It's totally unplayable. I pushed both ball guides as hard as I could and it helped for a minute and went right back. I figured I would sit down for a minute and see if anyone else had this problem. I'm nearly positive a lot of disassembly is in my near future. It looks to me like the long ball guide in the rear is bowed in. I'm hoping I can access it after pulling the wire ramp and the plastic but fear i may have to do more. Did anyone play this game before it left the factory??!!

2013-12-16 21.52.46.jpg2013-12-16 21.52.46.jpg
#2 10 years ago

I have this same exact problem. I took the plastic off and pushed on wire guide and have not had any problems. Hopefully it will solve the problem for good. Interested if this fix works for you or what you do to fix it. Thanks, Mike

#3 10 years ago

I pulled the wire trail and plastic off and messed around until the ball was free. I played one good game, I hope it stays.

#4 10 years ago

I had the same issue. I pushed on the guides periodically (didn't remove the plastic, though--that probably would've been way more effective). After a few weeks, balls stopped getting stuck in the loop.

#5 10 years ago

Loosen the couple of screws that hold the guide to the playfield that are located near where it is getting stuck and nudge the guide over and re-tighten. It was like that on a friend's game when he got it NIB.

#6 10 years ago

I need to teak it as well.

#7 10 years ago

Same thing with my LE. Pretty sad, but I was able to fix by pushing it back multiple times. I may try what was mentioned above to ensure it doesn't reoccur.

#8 10 years ago

I should have mentioned above that when you loosen the ball guide it only will move a subtle amount but that is all you need to solve the problem.

#9 10 years ago

just posting on this thread so I can find it when I open my game (in case I have the same problem) - which I haven't done in months as I wait for the new code.

thanks ed

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

just posting on this thread so I can find it when I open my game (in case I have the same problem) - which I haven't done in months as I wait for the new code.
thanks ed

You can add threads to favorites, or you can bump them

#11 10 years ago

Had the same issue as well. Pushed on the wire guide on the right hand side to make it work. Also had to replace all the drop targets I received from Stern. The plastic on all the drop targets were made with the softer plastic that cracked easily. Also the DMD was broken when the machine was taken out of the box. Had to get a replacement from Stern for that as well.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Loosen the couple of screws that hold the guide to the playfield that are located near where it is getting stuck and nudge the guide over and re-tighten. It was like that on a friend's game when he got it NIB.

Yeah, that was my game. All it took was pushing the ball guide to the left while re-tightening the screws. The slop in the holes on the guide was enough. The problem has not returned after doing this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-metallica-ball-stuck-on-left-loop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.