Nib Metallica

By Hijacked

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi guys. I've got a nib Metallica pro on the way- hopefully be delivered in January.
I'd like to look after the playfield from new.
Can anyone recommend what cliffys and Mylar I should order before the pin arrives?

#2 7 years ago

I did both drops with switch protectors. Two magnets with carbonfiber rings. Ball eject cliffs the 2 pc set. The snake should have the Cliffy from factory mind did on the led pro version. Met is awesome injoy.

#3 7 years ago

Does anyone have a clue if NIB Metallica Pros will still be around come February or March of next year? I keep hearing whispers of "oh Metallica is done soon" and it's getting me spooked. Let's just say it would be a lot more financially responsible to get it in February... so I'm not paying off two games at once

Hope you enjoy the game OP! I'd currently rank it as my favorite.

#4 7 years ago

Congrats! Such a badass game I LOVE MINE! Get a sub for it its makes a HUGE difference. When you crank it up it just seriously rocks. Be careful as there are TONS of mods for this game and you can easily find yourself spending over $1000 on mods alone pretty dang quick. If you have not already read through the MET owners thread then you should lol (Its very long I know, but there is some GREAT info in there and ideas for mods and which ones are "must haves"). Congrats again to you its seriously amazing.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Does anyone have a clue if NIB Metallica Pros will still be around come February or March of next year? I keep hearing whispers of "oh Metallica is done soon" and it's getting me spooked. Let's just say it would be a lot more financially responsible to get it in February... so I'm not paying off two games at once
Hope you enjoy the game OP! I'd currently rank it as my favorite.

I've heard through the grapevine and my distributor here in Vegas that MET has about 2 runs left. So expect it to be DONE pretty soon. LOVE MINE!! Never getting rid of it. (i know thats what everyone says haha). Even if you miss the NIB runs there will always be some excellent modded HUO examples.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

you can easily find yourself spending over $1000 on mods alone pretty dang quick

Tell me about it. I'm planning to order one from Pinball Refinery assuming there's still stock in the timeframe I mentioned and they sent their list of available add-ons. The stuff I wanted totaled about $1,500 Light show enhancements, undercab LEDs, powder coated armor and wireform returns, powder coated coin door, full color LED upgrade, Creeping Death pinblades and speaker panel, Snake LEDs/Fangs, spinners added, subwoofer... the list goes on. Makes me wonder what single game has the most modding options. Metallica has the most that I personally know of.

#7 7 years ago

Tell me about it. I'm planning to order one from Pinball Refinery assuming there's still stock in the timeframe I mentioned and they sent their list of available add-ons. The stuff I wanted totaled about $1,500 Light show enhancements, undercab LEDs, powder coated armor and wireform returns, powder coated coin door, full color LED upgrade, Creeping Death pinblades and speaker panel, Snake LEDs/Fangs, spinners added, subwoofer... the list goes on. Makes me wonder what single game has the most modding options. Metallica has the most that I personally know of.

Lol yeah its crazy for sure. I had to REALLY go over my desired mods list and cut alot of them out. It was getting a bit out of control and completely defeating the purpose of getting a PRO LED to save money lol.

#8 7 years ago

Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Lol yeah its crazy for sure. I had to REALLY go over my desired mods list and cut alot of them out. It was getting a bit out of control and completely defeating the purpose of getting a PRO LED to save money lol.

There are a ton of us with Met Promiums. I know I have more in mine than the base cost for the LE

But Steve and PR is the way to go...top notch there. You may want to contact Steve now and let him know you are interested if you haven't already.

#9 7 years ago

It's not really hard to do. The cost of a premium now is about what I paid for my NIB LE.

Quoted from burningman:

There are a ton of us with Met Promiums. I know I have more in mine than the base cost for the LE
But Steve an PR is the way to go...top notch there. You may want to contact Steve now and let him know you are interested if you haven't already.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

You may want to contact Steve now and let him know you are interested if you haven't already.

Yep I talked to him. He didn't seem concerned about running out of Pros when I said I was hoping to order in February.

#11 7 years ago

Stern factory tour video on Facebook today said they just renewed the license, so they should be running them for awhile.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Stern factory tour video on Facebook today said they just renewed the license, so they should be running them for awhile.

Any idea where that is in the video? I'm watching now. I'm thinking that MET will be a purchase soon, but don't really want to pull the trigger until we are into the next year. If they renewed, then I can hold off until the timing is right.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Any idea where that is in the video? I'm watching now. I'm thinking that MET will be a purchase soon, but don't really want to pull the trigger until we are into the next year. If they renewed, then I can hold off until the timing is right.

It's at a part where there a lot of Met's stacked on the left side of the frame. I don't recall the time stamp.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Are you waiting due to personal financial reasons or something else?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,600 (OBO)
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-metallica and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.