(Topic ID: 108313)

NIB machines that you have in Storage >>>???

By Beez

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Euchrid
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20141107_103402.jpg
    Tron.jpg
    BIBLE and IMVE.jpg
    image.jpg
    secrets-out.png
    40yov.jpg
    KFC.jpg
    Ferrari-250-GT-Spyder.png
    NIBs.jpg
    IMG_3291.jpg
    IMG_3287.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_4140.JPG
    corvette 015.JPG
    There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 9 years ago

Life is to short, open them boxes and start flippin!

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobertWinter:

I have heard rumors from VERY reliable sources that there is a collector in CA that has at least one NIB of EVERY late model BLY/WMS game ever made...

From now on Im buying 2 NIB's of every title. One to play, one to impress everyone during the next pinball resurgence in 20 years time.

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

From now on Im buying 2 NIB's of every title. One to play, one to impress everyone during the next pinball resurgence in 20 years time.

Buy one, then save the box and pretend it's a second, unopened game.

#54 9 years ago

I know several people who have BIBLE and METLE on boxes... waiting...

But very cool to see pins from the 90's still NIB.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I know several people who have BIBLE and METLE on boxes... waiting...

For what? That big reunion concert in the sky?

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

lol! I asked them the same thing.

They call them investments.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

They call them investments.

If I had followed my gut, I would have invested in a 1967 Shelby AC Cobra when the could be had for 5k. But then I would have just had to have cared for the thing for 30 years.

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

ha!

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I couldn't keep them in the box. For me, the beauty is watching them operate.
    It would be like buying a sports car and not driving the ass off of it. The art can make it pretty, but the mechanics make it a work of art.

Ferrari-250-GT-Spyder.pngFerrari-250-GT-Spyder.png
    #60 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I know several people who have BIBLE and METLE *on* boxes... waiting...

They last longer if you keep them inside the box rather than on top of the box. Just sayin'.

I'll be helping unbox a BSM later this week. Pins don't belong in (or on) boxes.

#61 9 years ago

But they all look the same in the box......free the pin!

A T2 NIB would still impress me though for the 30 seconds it would take me to rip it open

#62 9 years ago

I know 2 "investors" that still have four and six TransformerLEs NIB, waiting for some magical market turnaround.

I know another guy than has a single TransformerLE in a box, and another HUO in his collection.

After the TronLE adventure, I think many investors bought the Transformers hoping to double their money.

Now they can't sell at a loss because their wives will end their hobby.

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I know 2 "investors" that still have four and six TransformerLEs NIB, waiting for some magical market turnaround.
    I know another guy than has a single TransformerLE in a box, and another HUO in his collection.
    After the TronLE adventure, I think many investors bought the Transformers hoping to double their money.

Hook those guys up with tigerlaw after talking some sense into them on the market value of them today. I think he's wanting a NIB TFLE at a reasonable price. May be a good time to cut their losses. I love my TFLE but I don't think it will ever go up in value from where it is today

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

OUCH!

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I couldn't keep them in the box.

Very difficult with those eleven herbs and spices.
    KFC.jpgKFC.jpg

#66 9 years ago

Its sad that pins are kept crated because people are fixated either on the idea of having something that has never been opened or they view it as an investment. Either way, I feel bad for those folks. They are missing out on actually enjoying what life has to offer.

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Its sad that pins are kept crated because people are fixated either on the idea of having something that has never been opened or they view it as an investment. Either way, I feel bad for those folks. They are missing out on actually enjoying what life has to offer.

I just imagine these folks with a small space in a garage (or warehouse) and calling it their 'gameroom.'

#68 9 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I just imagine these folks with a small space in a garage (or warehouse) and calling it their 'gameroom.'

LOL ... that's funny.

#69 9 years ago

Dont you know? They're worth more if they're still in the original box
    40yov.jpg40yov.jpg

#70 9 years ago

Buying pins for investments is for idiots paying three times NIB prices for a 20 yr old game in a box is for suckers.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I won't eat meat off the bone. Weird, huh?

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I won't eat meat off the bone. Weird, huh?

You can always get the boneless wings. I knew a guy that ate the bones and all.

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You can always get the boneless wings. I knew a guy that ate the bones and all.

Definitely a fan of boneless wings in wing sauce. I can't imagine eating the bones, that's so nasty.

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I can't imagine eating the bones, that's so nasty.

He was from another country where I guess that is "normal". Lots of nutrition in bones he said.

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

He was from another country where I guess that is "normal". Lots of nutrition in bones he said.

Dangerous to eat too, especially bird bones. If they splinter it could rip apart your insides.

#76 9 years ago

I have my sights on one of the Elvis Gold NIB for sale in Sparks. More money than I should, but the virgin feels so good.... No sticky finger goo...

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Pinvestors, in other words idiots. Usually those type of people don't enjoy playing. Sad. I hope they lose their asses. Lol

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

would like to know what is out there as well but the majority are not going to share.

Now we Know why people won't share.... just read these posts! who are the .... Now?

#79 9 years ago

I was told that when I die I will receive 15 NIB pinballs in heaven. I am having a difficult time believing this statement. Anybody heard of this? Maybe that is how these NIB pinball hoarders started in their ways....

#80 9 years ago

How well do those batteries hold up after 20+ years of sitting?

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

Old carbon batteries, they have generaly held up well from the ones that have surfaced.

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

KFC.jpg 46 KB

I thought you guys passed it so 12 herbs are legal now?

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from roc-noc:

Not everyone lives the same life.

Yea, some have it much better. Reading this thread is like watching MTV Cribs...

#84 9 years ago

I kept my nib SM in the garage for over a year! It KILLED me! Finally opened it up.

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I thought you guys passed it so 12 herbs are legal now?

Yeah well..

Anyway, before this Colonel goes riding off into the sunset, I'm going to let you all in on a little secret..

secrets-out.pngsecrets-out.png

Bon Apetite!

#86 9 years ago

I have a NIB Tron waiting for my new house. Long story short, I was offered a very good price on one, but knew I didn't have space at the current house. It taunts me to get a house daily.

And no, unless you have a really nice Tron for sale with a bunch of money on your end, I'm not interested in selling. I really love Tron, it's just the current basement can't fit any more than the 9 I already jammed down here...

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

And no, unless you have a really nice Tron for sale with a bunch of money on your end, I'm not interested in selling. I really love Tron, it's just the current basement can't fit any more than the 9 I already jammed down here...

A NIB TOM and some cash might pry away my TronLE. Finger lickin' good!

Edit-oh, you said NIB Tron. I may have to stick with extra crispy.

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

You don't get to open the box and check with these over price games.

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

A NIB TOM and some cash might pry away my TronLE. Finger lickin' good!
    Edit-oh, you said NIB Tron. I may have to stick with extra crispy.

Hahaha! As someone who once asked me about it said, "If I have a Tron, why in the hell would I sell it to you to get a NIB one?" and I said, "Exactly. But I have a NIB one and want a nice one, so that's about the only way I'll be convinced to sell."

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Either way, I feel bad for those folks. They are missing out on actually enjoying what life has to offer.

Actually I have too damn much going on in life to find time to crack my NIB machine. I plan on opening it one day but it will probably be in my twilight years. Maybe when I'm in my 60's or 70's when I have time to slow down and smell the roses. A 50 year old NIB machine should smell pretty damn sweet!!

QSS

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Actually I have too damn much going on in life to find time to crack my NIB machine. I plan on opening it one day but it will probably be in my twilight years. Maybe when I'm in my 60's or 70's when I have time to slow down and smell the roses. A 50 year old NIB machine should smell pretty damn sweet!!
    QSS

But you have enough time to take pictures, post them on a pinball forum, and continue to participate in conversation? Get your priorities straight and open that thing up!

#92 9 years ago

I have too damn much going on in life to find time to crack my NIB machine.

I'd crack that thing open right now! "Thee Black Knight will play you!!!"

#93 9 years ago

Okay cool thread.

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

But you have enough time to take pictures, post them on a pinball forum, and continue to participate in conversation? Get your priorities straight and open that thing up!

Those pictures were from a couple of years ago when I considered selling it. Now I like to keep it close by and just look at it........ yeah, I like looking at box

QSS

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I was told that when I die I will receive 15 NIB pinballs in heaven. I am having a difficult time believing this statement. Anybody heard of this? Maybe that is how these NIB pinball hoarders started in their ways....

Actually, if you consult the Pinran, it is written that those who die while playing, are indeed granted 7 virgin NIB games with ample bosom.

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Actually, if you consult the Pinran, it is written that those who die while playing, are indeed granted 7 virgin NIB games with ample bosom.

Kill me now.

#97 9 years ago

Actually I have too damn much going on in life to find time to crack my NIB machine.

You should switch hobbies to something that doesn't take so much time. Like stamp collecting. Pinball just doesn't work for busy guys like you. Coin collecting can be fun too.

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Its sad that pins are kept crated. They are missing out on actually enjoying what life has to offer.

What about the kids (big and small) missing out on one of the best bits about unboxing..
    image.jpgimage.jpg

Do it for the kids

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Time for a new acronym - ANIB. Or maybe PBIB (put back in box).

(Well it would take up less room anyway...)

#100 9 years ago

what good is a machine still in a box. i cant quite work that out.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-machines-that-you-have-in-storage/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.