Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by gambit3113
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lotr_box.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Just got back from picking up a NIB LOTR LE. Thanks Jim (badboy1 on pinside), had a good time meeting you. Can't wait to get it set up and start playing. I had a first run LOTR that I bought new but got rid of several years ago. Have regretted it ever since. Being able to pick up another NIB was great and it will never leave the collection. Paid the most I've ever paid for a pinball machine but it was less than is being asked elsewhere on pinside for a HUO LOTR LE.

#2 11 years ago

Congrats! LOTR is my favorite pin. I can't imagine ever letting it go. Enjoy getting reacquainted with it!

#4 11 years ago

Very nice!
    I had a hard time warming up to LOTR at first, despite loving the theme, but it has really grown on me. I've been debating on what my last pin should be (for now) and it's a dead heat between LOTR and CV right now.

Congrats!

#5 11 years ago

Congrats! I am sure you will enjoy this one!

#6 11 years ago

Great pickup my #1 pin. Would never sell it.

#8 11 years ago

great game,

and the price was ...... (roll the drums)?

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinmaniac:

Just got back from picking up a NIB LOTR LE.

Pics or you picked up Shrek...

#10 11 years ago

congrats! Wish I had the cash and ability to find a NIB LOTR.

#11 11 years ago

Here is the only pic I have so far. Don't know why it says LOTR and not LOTR LE on the box but I opened the top to make sure it has gold trim and it does. As soon as I have the room in my gameroom it will get unboxed.

Probably paid too much but I'm happy with it. I paid $7000.

lotr_box.jpglotr_box.jpg

#12 11 years ago

$7k for a NIB LOTR LE actually sounds pretty reasonable. Good job!

#13 11 years ago

I should have bought the 5 sitting over at the Playdium warehouse up until this past November. They ordered them for route, thinking they were standard machines, back in 2009. They realized what they had, and just stuck them on the shelf. I bought one for $5050 in mid-2010. Was out there last fall, and they had 5 left. Ugh.

#14 11 years ago

...yep, shoulda bought all 5

#15 11 years ago

Nice! I'm debating getting one, but holding out just a tad to see if someone is going to make a Hobbit machine.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from chriskd:

Nice! I'm debating getting one, but holding out just a tad to see if someone is going to make a Hobbit machine.

Word. If JJP does this, I'm selling my STTNG, Space Shuttle, and Stargate if I have to.

Hopefully it won't come to that and I can just pick up a few months of voluntary pinballs-to-the-walls overtime at work, but it's been rather scarce lately.

#17 11 years ago

If JJP does hobbit I'll have to sell some blood or something as the LOTR and the soon to arrive acdc premium have tapped out the pinball fund for quite one time.

#18 11 years ago

JJP is doing Hobbit.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

JJP is doing Hobbit.

Correctamundo

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

JJP is doing Hobbit.

if this is 100% true i'll have to make some space and put it right next to my LOTR!

can't wait for this one!!!

#22 11 years ago

Rumor I have heard 3 times this week: Lawlor to JJP for Hobbit. MNPinball alluded to it earlier this week here, I believe.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-lotr-le-in-the-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.