Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by docscott
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0424120958a.jpg
    0424121028a.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

My new toy!! Picked it up today 4/24/12. Coast a pant load $6,080.00 with Shaker motor. I hope I like it.I have not much hands on play time With LOTR .I need you all to tell me how great it is , to help me justify my purchase. It sure is pretty.I hope I like the damm thing. Peace , Love , Groovy!!

0424121028a.jpg0424121028a.jpg 0424120958a.jpg0424120958a.jpg

#2 12 years ago

nice! You will like it!

#3 12 years ago

Best pin ever made IMO. You have chosen wisely.

#4 12 years ago

Loved my LOTR LE!

Congrats on getting a great pin.

#5 12 years ago

Wow; great find and great price. Wish I could find a NIB LOTR at close to that; I'd snap it up in a second. Congrats on a great pin!!!!!

#6 12 years ago

Best advice I can give you is learn the ruleset quickly and figure out the goals and shots you need to make....it's an awesome game, so hard to complete the modes and get to TABA.....and Valinor?

#7 12 years ago

Where did you snag a NIB for $6K?

#8 12 years ago

And change out the washed out look for new LED's! And flipper fidelity upgrade...

#9 12 years ago

Wait a Second! I know that Shop! and I know that Tech! Pinside Meet Chuck hes the old guy on the left, hes my pinball, Changer, Rowe Jukebox and Classic game Tech Guru

Quoted from gambit3113:

ME! He bought it about a year ago and has been waiting to pick it up until his pinball room was ready!

Rob im so glad you got it out of my Warehouse! I had people offering me all kinds of things for me to sell it to them! Hope it made the trip up to the Springs Safe and sound!

#10 12 years ago

Gamgit3113 I live in Colorado Springs Colorado!! I purchased it from "THE GAME EXCHANGE of COLORADO". I Struck the deal With the owner who I have done buiness with since 1994.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

It was only about 8 months ago that you could buy them all day long for $5300.00.....even from Automated.

Oh how times have changed...in such a short period of time.

#12 12 years ago

Wow..I also bought a nib lotr in January, for a bit more. I will never let it go. Congrads!

#13 12 years ago

I bought mine for $5K NIB in mid 2010.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I bought mine for $5K NIB in mid 2010.

I am suffering from pin envy on this one bad . . . LOL.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

gambit3113 said:Where did you snag a NIB for $6K?
    It was only about 8 months ago that you could buy them all day long for $5300.00.....even from Automated.

Yep. I had trouble selling my NIB LOTR LE for $5K about a year ago.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

And change out the washed out look for new LED's! And flipper fidelity upgrade...

I have an LE too. Would strongly recommend regular green #44s for the slings and POTD area, and yellow #44s by the upper ramps, to bring out the pf colors. I think the game looks fine with its balanced illumination--the theme isn't amenable to being lit up like Times Square.

#17 12 years ago

I'm trading mine for MM, but as soon as the trade is through I'll be buying another LOTR. Its very very hard, at least for me, but it keeps you coming back. One of my favorite modes in all of pinball is destroy the ring. If you complete it the machine goes nuts it's so cool. Congrats and enjoy the game.

#18 12 years ago

I don't have an LE, but bought a HUO one back in 09. To me it's a great game, and would be one of the last to leave.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

I think the game looks fine with its balanced illumination--the theme isn't amenable to being lit up like Times Square.

I think it looks fine too as it is depending on what you like....for me though, the white inserts look terrible and stands out to my liking with LED's, in addition to the changes you recommended...

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

StevenP said:I think the game looks fine with its balanced illumination--the theme isn't amenable to being lit up like Times Square.
    I think it looks fine too as it is depending on what you like....for me though, the white inserts look terrible and stands out to my liking with LED's, in addition to the changes you recommended...

I did add a series of alternating colored bulbs under the clear character inserts above the flippers--I agree they were boring, and the colored bulbs add a nice color touch without distracting from the relatively subdued pf art. (I also did the same with CV's marvel inserts, alternating green and purple bulbs, which seems to go much better with the overall color scheme.)

#21 12 years ago

Congratulations, RK! LOTR is one of the best games out there!

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

I'm trading mine for MM, but as soon as the trade is through I'll be buying another LOTR. Its very very hard, at least for me, but it keeps you coming back. One of my favorite modes in all of pinball is destroy the ring. If you complete it the machine goes nuts it's so cool.

I think Dennis Nordman started the "machine going nuts" with Wh20 (when you get the Vacation Jackpot). SS does it too (when you complete the stiff-o-meter).

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I think Dennis Nordman started the "machine going nuts" with Wh20 (when you get the Vacation Jackpot). SS does it too (when you complete the stiff-o-meter).

Jurassic Park's "System Shutdown" is really cool as well

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

ctozzi said:I'm trading mine for MM, but as soon as the trade is through I'll be buying another LOTR. Its very very hard, at least for me, but it keeps you coming back. One of my favorite modes in all of pinball is destroy the ring. If you complete it the machine goes nuts it's so cool.

CV goes nuts too, when you win the (undocumented) Ringmaster Battle.

#25 12 years ago

Congrats,its à super Pin.
    I love mine.

#26 12 years ago

Great pin and a NIB, wow can't beat that. Big congrats!!!

#27 12 years ago

Yes, excellent pin for home use. I bought an NIB LE 2 years ago--really love the game, and it's even better at home! The shaker motor really adds a lot too, surprisingly. Played a regular LOTR this week and it seemed to be 'missing' something.

#28 12 years ago

Yip. Mine's a keeper also

#29 12 years ago

yes a really great machine, lucky you, you have a NIB.

mine will never leave my collection!

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

RobT said:gambit3113 said:Where did you snag a NIB for $6K?

Yep. I had trouble selling my NIB LOTR LE for $5K about a year ago.

Don't feel bad I had a hard time selling mine for $4k till I finally traded it away to RobT. Amazing what 1 year can do.

#31 12 years ago

LOTR LE for $4K is nuts.. hard to believe you had a hard time moving that. It's such an amazing game and having the LE would be icing on the cake for me!!

One of the guys locally bought one and added all the figures, a shaker, subwoofer, and LED's, and it's just sweet as hell. I've been bugging him to sell but no dice.

Congrats on your pickup! LOTR is one of the best Stern titles, period, and to have the mac daddy of that title is awesome.

#32 12 years ago

I have an LOTR LE.

- I put a different colored LED under each of the white inserts right above the flippers. It really looks good that way.

- Some of these pins had an issue with the left VUK switch. I had to put three in before it worked properly. I believe Stern acknowledged they bought some faulty switches.

- There is an issue with one of the fuses. If you see your ring stop holding the ball, then you've blown the 4 amp fuse. Stern recommends you change it to a 5 amp so it won't blow so often.

- On mine, the lights around the ring went out. Discovered the wire became disconnected from the backbox from lifting the PF. It may have only been my pin, but be aware it is an easy fix. Just put the wire back in the J12 slot (I think it is that one.)

- If lights around the ring keep burning out, then switch to LED's. The lamps that came with it didn't last long in mine, and duplicate replacements burned out quickly.

Mike

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Don't feel bad I had a hard time selling mine for $4k till I finally traded it away to RobT. Amazing what 1 year can do.

I remember you putting that up smassa I am still kicking my own ass repeatedly for not jumping all over that beauty!

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

smassa said:Don't feel bad I had a hard time selling mine for $4k till I finally traded it away to RobT. Amazing what 1 year can do.

I remember you putting that up smassa I am still kicking my own ass repeatedly for not jumping all over that beauty!

Thats ok....I'm kicking my own ass for not holding onto it & Tron LE to take advantage of the crazy stupid prices people are paying for them these days.....

#35 12 years ago

Very nice find indeed

Enjoy your new addition.

#36 11 years ago

Thanks For comments. I will need input at some point down the line about attatching all the figures I bought. Looks fine without them but I blew $150 bucks.I might as well entertain the thought of adding a few. Peace!

#37 11 years ago

Rob, attach the figures with museum putty. Stuff works great, doesn't require any reworks to the game, and is completely reversable. Other option is to use the figure mounting plastics from pinbits.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

RobT said:ctozzi said:I'm trading mine for MM, but as soon as the trade is through I'll be buying another LOTR. Its very very hard, at least for me, but it keeps you coming back. One of my favorite modes in all of pinball is destroy the ring. If you complete it the machine goes nuts it's so cool.

Really? That's interesting, I don't remember mine doing that.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

StevenP said:RobT said:ctozzi said:I'm trading mine for MM, but as soon as the trade is through I'll be buying another LOTR. Its very very hard, at least for me, but it keeps you coming back. One of my favorite modes in all of pinball is destroy the ring. If you complete it the machine goes nuts it's so cool.

Did you ever defeat the ringmaster in the Ringmaster battle?

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

RobT said:StevenP said:RobT said:ctozzi said:I'm trading mine for MM, but as soon as the trade is through I'll be buying another LOTR. Its very very hard, at least for me, but it keeps you coming back. One of my favorite modes in all of pinball is destroy the ring. If you complete it the machine goes nuts it's so cool.
    Did you ever defeat the ringmaster in the Ringmaster battle?

Yeah, that would be step #1 to verify!

Back on-topic: I'll vouch for the museum putty. (In fact, I think I ws the first to suggest this when I pimped out my LOTR LE a couple of years ago.) Holds solid, completely removeable, looks way cleaner than the Pinbits plastics, and you can use any figurines you want, anywhere. Lets you set up your own arrangements, battle scenes, etc. And change them any time if you want. I used a drop of clear glue (Goop) to attach the figurines to the bases first, as they can fall out otherwise. And to attach the weapons to the hands.

BTW, for others putting figurines in their LOTR LE: you don't need the 'official' set, which people charge top-dollar for. (Too late for Rob, I guess!) Museum putty lets you put any of them on any plastic. I got a bulk package of the AoME figurines for around $100--it was enough to populate *three* LOTRs (mine and 2 friends'), and they look very cool. Plus I still have some left over. Mine looks generally like the original, but cooler with better mini-scenes.

#41 11 years ago

The only figures I like on the LE are the POTD and the LED's that shine through them.....the rest of the play field looks better and cleaner without them imho!

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

The only figures I like on the LE are the POTD and the LED's that shine through them.....the rest of the play field looks better and cleaner without them imho!

I dunno. I do like mine--with subtle lighting of colored bulbs and figures in various scenes, it looks like a miniature world under the glass. I'm keeping them.

#43 11 years ago

Absolutely incredibly wonderfully awesome. I'm jealous as hell!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-lord-of-the-rings-limited-edition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.