Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

46891AD5-963F-4CD5-A788-F477C1FEB921 (resized).jpeg
top notch.jpg
Thumbs up.gif
d77d6be93a26fbd3f85d6fc370bb2811a45897ba0d414abac64b81cacdd3cb98 (resized).jpg
bfb23d62e0683707f7c0a9e1a49af3ac81c8ab76.gif

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

So cool it was awesome to see no Battery damages and just how nice of shape it is in. Thanks for sharing.

#52 5 years ago

This video woulda been A LOT better if you had worn a toupee.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

This video woulda been A LOT better if you had worn a toupee.

Pinside would be a lot better if you stayed drunk all the time........oh wait, you do. That’s why it’s so awesome here

#54 5 years ago

LOL.
Fercker.

#55 5 years ago

Now I can't stop thinkin about you wearin a toupee. See you in my dreams tonight sexy!

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Now I can't stop thinkin about you wearin a toupee. See you in my dreams tonight sexy!

I’ll be there

#57 5 years ago

Great video. Thanks for taking the time to share it. JP owner aside, that thing has to be worth 7-8k no? Nice and minty fresh. Screen printed, topper, built (ish)
Toys, theme, fun game

#58 5 years ago

Your serial number appears to be in the middle of the run.

http://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=1343

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Great video. Thanks for taking the time to share it. JP owner aside, that thing has to be worth 7-8k no?

$15-20G. Go find one!

#60 5 years ago

Great video

#61 5 years ago

Great video guys. Pretty interesting how that game was packaged. You guys delivered the goods - that's an all time classic imo

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

$15-20G. Go find one!

If that’s an offer we should talk

#63 5 years ago

Fantastic !!!

I love when this stuff still gets found then ruined forever by unboxing it - THANKS BRAD - lol !

What's sexier - the NIB Jurassic Park or Brad ? Hard to choose...

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Fantastic !!!
I love when this stuff still gets found then ruined forever by unboxing it - THANKS BRAD - lol !
What's sexier - the NIB Jurassic Park or Brad ? Hard to choose...

You probably have 4 of these NIB still don’t you

#65 5 years ago

Very cool. Thanks for posting.

#66 5 years ago

Is this related to the month long circle jerk in the other thread about s nib jp?

#67 5 years ago

Ive always really liked Data East games. I have 3 including JP. They are just built like tanks. My Stern KISS has had problems since the day I unboxed it. If DE were still around i would consider buying NIB again.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Is this related to the month long circle jerk in the other thread about s nib jp?

No, that was a different s nib jp.

Quoted from joekiss:

Ive always really liked Data East games. I have 3 including JP. They are just built like tanks. .

They are?!?! Some of the crappiest built games I've ever owned were DEs.

I'll admit by the early 90s they had gotten it together a little bit but those original games are some of the worst built pinball machines ever. Especially the cabinets.

#69 5 years ago

The early-mid90s are what i am referring to. JP TFTC etc.

They are?!?! Some of the crappiest built games I've ever owned were DEs.
I'll admit by the early 90s they had gotten it together a little bit but those original games are some of the worst built pinball machines ever. Especially the cabinets.

#70 5 years ago

I didn't expect to see #455 flashers in the backbox. Neat stuff!

#71 5 years ago

Great Video!

But where is the "Link" to the story?

I want to know how the heck someone looses a pinball machine for 25 years...

#72 5 years ago

I cringed when they got to the batteries. NO PROBLEM!

Also, get some hole protectors on there stat! Biggest weakpoint on a JP.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I didn't expect to see #455 flashers in the backbox. Neat stuff!

Well, TAF had #455s and since this game is a wholesale ripoff of that machine I guess they figured they should throw some in?

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, TAF had #455s and since this game is a wholesale ripoff of that machine I guess they figured they should throw some in?

Urban legend

#75 5 years ago

sweet video brad!!!! thanks for sharing.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quoted from Davi:

Urban legend

I always felt it was more inspired by Whirlwind but the diverter ramp is pretty unmistakably TAF. What is the backstory and reactions of B/W when it was released?

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from SilentGas:

Great Video!
But where is the "Link" to the story?
I want to know how the heck someone looses a pinball machine for 25 years...

It wasnt lost. It sat in a basement this whole time.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Oh, in the vid he would post about the back story... and that it was lost for sometime... this kind of blew me away... wish I had that problem... LOL

But would love to know the reason why it sat in the box for so long... I think its great, but damn it... I just want to know why!

Anyways, I thought the vid was awesome...

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from SilentGas:

Oh, in the vid he would post about the back story... and that it was lost for sometime... this kind of blew me away... wish I had that problem... LOL
But would love to know the reason why it sat in the box for so long... I think its great, but damn it... I just want to know why!
Anyways, I thought the vid was awesome...

The whole back story is posted in the original thread. Its worth the read.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It was not in a basement. It sat in a heated garage for 24 years.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

The whole back story is posted in the original thread. Its worth the read.

I'm a little late to the party...

Do you have a link to it?

#84 5 years ago

Thanks for the video, I for one enjoyed seeing that guy get powered up for the first time

#85 5 years ago

That poster said don’t unroll me...

#86 5 years ago

Great video.. I really enjoyed how thorough the description was as you progressed unpacking it.

I’m newer to the hobby, but curious why games would ship with batteries installed in the first place? Granted this game was the far end of extreme longevity, but any number of games back then could have sat NIB for 1-3+ years. Was it not commonly known batteries could leak? With the gun installation, legs, levelers, and other setup, I would think installing 3 double A batteries and a zip tie would still be reasonable for a new game too.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

Great video.. I really enjoyed how thorough the description was as you progressed unpacking it.
I’m newer to the hobby, but curious why games would ship with batteries installed in the first place? Granted this game was the far end of extreme longevity, but any number of games back then could have sat NIB for 1-3+ years. Was it not commonly known batteries could leak? With the gun installation, legs, levelers, and other setup, I would think installing 3 double A batteries and a zip tie would still be reasonable for a new game too.

I agree and have no idea why they would pre-install them.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

I’m newer to the hobby, but curious why games would ship with batteries installed in the first place? Granted this game was the far end of extreme longevity, but any number of games back then could have sat NIB for 1-3+ years

Games didn't sit for years - they were put out on route to make money. Games didn't sit in inventory at retailers, etc.. every few months the companies were shipping the next new game. If you sat on a game for 2 years, it was already a 'has been' and wouldn't earn as well as it could.. so there is no incentive for games to sit.

And yes, people knew alkaline batteries could leak - but you also find that the companies used good batteries that would not leak - like you saw here. Leaking batteries were often because after the initial batteries died, everyone replaced them with crappier batteries.

I can't think of any NIB opening of games from the 80s or 90s where the AA batteries had leaked.

You're trying to apply logic in hindsight.. like 'why would you make games unsafe to sit for many years?' - that was never their intent, so never any need to protect against that.

1 month later
#89 4 years ago

Awesome video thanks for sharing super enjoyable to watch

1 month later
#90 4 years ago

Great video. Just came across this on YouTube... came over to Pinside to see if it was posted. Alas, it was!

Great stuff

3 months later
#91 4 years ago

Nice video.
Could You share the dimensions for the topper's light deflector curved metal part on backbox? Mine is missing, and I'd like to reproduce it. Thanks!

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from drapeter:

Nice video.
Could You share the dimensions for the topper's light deflector curved metal part on backbox? Mine is missing, and I'd like to reproduce it. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/82#post-4161300

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wappingers Falls, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-jurassic-park-unboxing-video/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.