(Topic ID: 233531)

NIB Jurassic Park. Probably the last one!!

By shakenbake

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DE710B67-0A62-419C-8A1B-03498E335362 (resized).jpeg
178C12E4-02BE-4481-9458-29D4BFDDE5BB (resized).jpeg
i-love-christmas_o_1501977 (resized).jpg
HAmmond.jpg
output_wA1Pyf.gif
Patience.jpg
Patience..jpg
2sfihy (resized).jpg
ezgif-4-e601ba7089f1.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
9266932 (resized).jpg
Untitled.jpg
output_LF8T1j.gif
45C0E9DE-3B5A-4A45-BAC2-E228F652325C (resized).jpeg
28FB8A6E-E111-4626-8970-796297573ACF (resized).jpeg
giphy(2).gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rkahr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

Here is the story behind the machine. I purchased it today from this person. He is a fellow Pinsider and was fantastic to work with.
“I had a good friend back in the day that had a lot of money. She wanted to buy games for her party room in her house so I took her and her husband to the Colorado Game Exchange. Not once did I ever ask for anything from them. To my surprise they bought two Jurassic Park pinball machines and told me one of them was mine. I told them I would pay for it she said no it was a gift from her to me. I still insisted on paying for it. A few days later we were all having a few beers and her and her husband got into an argument. They were both drunk. Eventually they were screaming and yelling at each other. Somehow the husband thought I raised my voice at her. He came in the room and started yelling at me and even pushed me. I told them both to fuck off and I left. A day or two after that the machines were delivered to her house. I ran into her and him about a week later and they both apologized for being overly drunk and for treating me like crap. I told them I didn't need friends like them and would not accept the apology. She started crying and promised it wouldn't happen again. I left. I had not seen either one of them after that until the September 2017. When I seen her she looked at me and said hello and I said hello back. I we talked a bit and eventually I asked her if she still had all the games that she bought back in the day and she told me no and then she said the only game she had was the Jurassic Park she bought for me and she said it was still sitting new in the garage waiting for me to come pick it up. She basically said that if I did not come get it that she was going to throw it away and asked me if I could come get it the next day. She said it was in her way and she wants it gone I told her I would still give her some money for it and she refused the money. She wrote down her phone number and her address and said call me when you're on the way then she left. The next day I called her she said the game was sitting outside in the driveway so I went and picked it up I had a friend go knock on the door and some young kid answered the door and my friend handed the kid the money and said here's some money for the game. So that's basically the story of the NIB Jurassic Park.”

A little late but I just stumbled into this thread... thanks for sharing this story and looking forward to the unboxing. This past year they unboxed an old EM at the York show and the crowd around the event was pretty darned big. I hope it's mint inside that cardboard and works perfectly when you set it up and plug it in!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rkahr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-jurassic-park-probably-the-last-one?tu=rkahr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.