(Topic ID: 233531)

NIB Jurassic Park. Probably the last one!!

By shakenbake

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DE710B67-0A62-419C-8A1B-03498E335362 (resized).jpeg
178C12E4-02BE-4481-9458-29D4BFDDE5BB (resized).jpeg
i-love-christmas_o_1501977 (resized).jpg
HAmmond.jpg
output_wA1Pyf.gif
Patience.jpg
Patience..jpg
2sfihy (resized).jpg
ezgif-4-e601ba7089f1.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
9266932 (resized).jpg
Untitled.jpg
output_LF8T1j.gif
45C0E9DE-3B5A-4A45-BAC2-E228F652325C (resized).jpeg
28FB8A6E-E111-4626-8970-796297573ACF (resized).jpeg
giphy(2).gif

There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#52 5 years ago

That's too cool!!!

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:Seller posted on FB that he sold it for 5k

I never posted on FB that I sold JP for $5000 so I’m not sure where you seen that I posted the sale price!

#54 5 years ago

Someone post earlier in this thread that was a play on words from the movie. I misinterpreted it and thought the seller was the one who made the post, but it was the buyer who had. My mistake. Glad the sale went well, looking forward to the unboxing video.

#55 5 years ago

Cmon op

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
#56 5 years ago

Don’t open that game!!! It’s cursed!!!

#57 5 years ago

Brad's busy giving Mark Cuban a back rub right now leave message at beep.

#58 5 years ago

LOVE YA BUDDY IM SERIOUSLY EXCITED FOR YA

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

LOVE YA BUDDY IM SERIOUSLY EXCITED FOR YA

We’re opening the new shop for 2 days next Friday and Saturday. Come play some pinball. We’ll have 15-20 machines out!!

#60 5 years ago

Why has this not been opened by shakenbake yet?

#61 5 years ago

Just amazing that a pinball can remain NIB through all of these years, incredible!! Can't wait to see the pictures of the unboxing and the playfield.

#62 5 years ago

This is awesome. I have no idea what I would do with it, and I imagine others would actually pay more, but if you don't want that box, I kind of want it.

Bad.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

This is awesome. I have no idea what I would do with it, and I imagine others would actually pay more, but if you don't want that box, I kind of want it.
Bad.

For now anyway I think the box stays with the machine.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

Here is the story behind the machine. I purchased it today from this person. He is a fellow Pinsider and was fantastic to work with.
“I had a good friend back in the day that had a lot of money. She wanted to buy games for her party room in her house so I took her and her husband to the Colorado Game Exchange. Not once did I ever ask for anything from them. To my surprise they bought two Jurassic Park pinball machines and told me one of them was mine. I told them I would pay for it she said no it was a gift from her to me. I still insisted on paying for it. A few days later we were all having a few beers and her and her husband got into an argument. They were both drunk. Eventually they were screaming and yelling at each other. Somehow the husband thought I raised my voice at her. He came in the room and started yelling at me and even pushed me. I told them both to fuck off and I left. A day or two after that the machines were delivered to her house. I ran into her and him about a week later and they both apologized for being overly drunk and for treating me like crap. I told them I didn't need friends like them and would not accept the apology. She started crying and promised it wouldn't happen again. I left. I had not seen either one of them after that until the September 2017. When I seen her she looked at me and said hello and I said hello back. I we talked a bit and eventually I asked her if she still had all the games that she bought back in the day and she told me no and then she said the only game she had was the Jurassic Park she bought for me and she said it was still sitting new in the garage waiting for me to come pick it up. She basically said that if I did not come get it that she was going to throw it away and asked me if I could come get it the next day. She said it was in her way and she wants it gone I told her I would still give her some money for it and she refused the money. She wrote down her phone number and her address and said call me when you're on the way then she left. The next day I called her she said the game was sitting outside in the driveway so I went and picked it up I had a friend go knock on the door and some young kid answered the door and my friend handed the kid the money and said here's some money for the game. So that's basically the story of the NIB Jurassic Park.”

I need richer friends...

#65 5 years ago

Cool story for sure.

#66 5 years ago

Crazy Story!

#67 5 years ago

That story is cut a little too short. Seriously was hoping for a 3some at least. I'm dying to know what this chic looked like.

#68 5 years ago

So we either just got the hollywood version or the old divorced housewife story who got the divorce cause she was banging the friend and now has the friends kid and would rather keep the kid than the pinball machine that also reminds her of the friend who caused the divorce. Definitely sounds like some kinda swingers club that went south. Either ones ok i guess cause the op has a nib JP. This is how you write a pinball love story to a T!!!!

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

For now anyway I think the box stays with the machine.

I figured and I'm glad. If you're ever thinking of selling it, contact me because apparently I'm stupid enough to try to figure out something to do with it

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I'm stupid enough to try to figure out something to do with it

If you are going to use it to build a fort, it might be cheaper to just get a refrigerator box.

#71 5 years ago

This unboxing is like:

Mods feel free to remove if it is over the line.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Why has this not been opened by shakenbake yet?

Lots of shaking but no baking

Need ...pictures.. pleasssssse

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

This unboxing is like:

Those are definitely not NIB and got the HEP treatment.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Those are definitely not NIB and got the HEP treatment.

I think they have a lot of play on them!

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I think they have a lot of play on them!

Can't see the wear on the scoop holes though.

#76 5 years ago

Wow cool story, and sweet opening a NIB JP in 2019!

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

Here is the story behind the machine. I purchased it today from this person. He is a fellow Pinsider and was fantastic to work with.
“I had a good friend back in the day that had a lot of money. She wanted to buy games for her party room in her house so I took her and her husband to the Colorado Game Exchange. Not once did I ever ask for anything from them. To my surprise they bought two Jurassic Park pinball machines and told me one of them was mine. I told them I would pay for it she said no it was a gift from her to me. I still insisted on paying for it. A few days later we were all having a few beers and her and her husband got into an argument. They were both drunk. Eventually they were screaming and yelling at each other. Somehow the husband thought I raised my voice at her. He came in the room and started yelling at me and even pushed me. I told them both to fuck off and I left. A day or two after that the machines were delivered to her house. I ran into her and him about a week later and they both apologized for being overly drunk and for treating me like crap. I told them I didn't need friends like them and would not accept the apology. She started crying and promised it wouldn't happen again. I left. I had not seen either one of them after that until the September 2017. When I seen her she looked at me and said hello and I said hello back. I we talked a bit and eventually I asked her if she still had all the games that she bought back in the day and she told me no and then she said the only game she had was the Jurassic Park she bought for me and she said it was still sitting new in the garage waiting for me to come pick it up. She basically said that if I did not come get it that she was going to throw it away and asked me if I could come get it the next day. She said it was in her way and she wants it gone I told her I would still give her some money for it and she refused the money. She wrote down her phone number and her address and said call me when you're on the way then she left. The next day I called her she said the game was sitting outside in the driveway so I went and picked it up I had a friend go knock on the door and some young kid answered the door and my friend handed the kid the money and said here's some money for the game. So that's basically the story of the NIB Jurassic Park.”

What a strange and kinda sad story.

#78 5 years ago

When is the.unboxing party?

#79 5 years ago

craziest story! i liket it sometime life is ful of surprise.

#80 5 years ago

One teaser pic please?....

#81 5 years ago
JP-JuanitoRostagno.jpgJP-JuanitoRostagno.jpg
#82 5 years ago

Look under the playfield and see if you find “Inspected by Juanito Rostagno.”

#84 5 years ago
s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg
#85 5 years ago

is it going to be set up this weekend. ?

#86 5 years ago

The suspense is killing me...

#87 5 years ago

This thread seems to be going nowhere so to kill the time until New pics are added let's try to figure out true market value of this pin.

JP continues to rise in price. This is nib condition. I bet this could have sold for 8k.

Am I high? Low? Spot on?

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This thread seems to be going nowhere so to kill the time until New pics are added let's try to figure out true market value of this pin.
JP continues to rise in price. This is nib condition. I bet this could have sold for 8k.
Am I high? Low? Spot on?

Hrm, jp is a 2500 dollar game give or take. 8k would mean over 3x average value? Not sure about that. I could see 8k if it was someone's dream pin, but nib does not always mean mint. Game could be roached from improper storage and regardless of nib status it will need work.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Am I high? Low? Spot on?

I'm guessing they flipped it.

#90 5 years ago

Talk about a time capsule...Wow!!

But that story; if that was on CL or MrPinball all I would think of is scammer...How did he not accept the couple's apology?? If he had, would they have not held onto the pin for all those years?? Unfathomable, So many questions to be answered...

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'm guessing they flipped it.

Not flipped but I’m open to offers after we unbox and go through it!

#92 5 years ago
how-about-1million-dr-evil (resized).jpghow-about-1million-dr-evil (resized).jpg
#93 5 years ago

I’ll just keep it if you’re going to lowball me

#94 5 years ago
889A6317-2FEC-4AF0-B299-D3CEBED4043C (resized).jpeg889A6317-2FEC-4AF0-B299-D3CEBED4043C (resized).jpeg
#95 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Hrm, jp is a 2500 dollar game give or take. 8k would mean over 3x average value? Not sure about that. I could see 8k if it was someone's dream pin, but nib does not always mean mint. Game could be roached from improper storage and regardless of nib status it will need work.

Ive been watching JP's for the past couple years. For one in decent condition i havent seen any for less then $3200. And as of lately its more like $3500-3800

#96 5 years ago

I sold a really nice original last year for 2,600. Shopped, LED's, Chad H code, really nice. Location plays a big part as well.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I sold a really nice original last year for 2,600. Shopped, LED's, really nice. Location plays a big part as well.

dang^ Wish i would have seen that. Maybe im off and the sellers just sit on them at that price.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Ive been watching JP's for the past couple years. For one in decent condition i havent seen any for less then $3200. And as of lately its more like $3500-3800

I think you may be a bit high in price here.

I just grabbed one for cheap, but only because seller wasn't a collector and just wanted to sell.

I see them around 2700-3300 or so depending on condition.

JP was surprising to me. I bought it without really having played one due to the price I got, and pinside reviews. FUN pin. 2 different 6 ball multiballs!! Just plain fun.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I think you may be a bit high in price here.
I just grabbed one for cheap, but only because seller wasn't a collector and just wanted to sell.
I see them around 2700-3300 or so depending on condition.
JP was surprising to me. I bought it without really having played one due to the price I got, and pinside reviews. FUN pin. 2 different 6 ball multiballs!! Just plain fun.

Even better with chad h's rom, but around here if one was at 3300 it would need a color dmd and maybe a pinsound board to justify it.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Saw one for $2000 at a show this past summer. Broken ramps and typical wear. At the same show, there was a nicer one for something like $2400. If I hadn't already spent all my show money, I probably would've snagged one of them. The cheaper one didn't sell, and was relisted after the show. I don't remember if the other one sold or not.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-jurassic-park-probably-the-last-one/page/2?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.