(Topic ID: 233531)

NIB Jurassic Park. Probably the last one!!

By shakenbake

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DE710B67-0A62-419C-8A1B-03498E335362 (resized).jpeg
178C12E4-02BE-4481-9458-29D4BFDDE5BB (resized).jpeg
i-love-christmas_o_1501977 (resized).jpg
HAmmond.jpg
output_wA1Pyf.gif
Patience.jpg
Patience..jpg
2sfihy (resized).jpg
ezgif-4-e601ba7089f1.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
9266932 (resized).jpg
Untitled.jpg
output_LF8T1j.gif
45C0E9DE-3B5A-4A45-BAC2-E228F652325C (resized).jpeg
28FB8A6E-E111-4626-8970-796297573ACF (resized).jpeg
giphy(2).gif

There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 5 years ago

Acquired this beauty today. Stay tuned for updates and unboxing videos!

Here’s the unboxing video!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-jurassic-park-unboxing-video#post-4827456

924CB796-C3D4-4097-8228-94993E41755E (resized).jpeg924CB796-C3D4-4097-8228-94993E41755E (resized).jpeg0F0EBCF1-6FE9-42D0-B0C4-0AED9BC4F523 (resized).jpeg0F0EBCF1-6FE9-42D0-B0C4-0AED9BC4F523 (resized).jpeg3E02A95C-B0CA-4A1B-A273-217104F01DDD (resized).jpeg3E02A95C-B0CA-4A1B-A273-217104F01DDD (resized).jpeg4AC416F9-DF80-457B-8C7A-7355108249BD (resized).jpeg4AC416F9-DF80-457B-8C7A-7355108249BD (resized).jpegA95799C8-5B2B-45E4-BA58-0C34EEB4EBDC (resized).jpegA95799C8-5B2B-45E4-BA58-0C34EEB4EBDC (resized).jpeg

#2 5 years ago

This is so cool.

#3 5 years ago

I bet the boards will be fine, seems like those batteries from decades ago were better quality.

#4 5 years ago

OPEN IT!!!!

#5 5 years ago

I like the feature bullet points on the side of the box!

Makes me imagine I could walk by the box in a pinball warehouse, get all excited and just slap it in my cart to take home. Sadly this is not a thing in Canada...

#7 5 years ago

Where on Earth did you find that? What's the story?

#8 5 years ago

Wow great find.

#9 5 years ago

I saw a fellow posting in the “oldest known NIB” thread he still had a NIB JP, was it his you acquired? I’m surprised you’re opening it! I know of some collectors who simply trade and trade for these NIBs and hold onto them as show pieces rather than ever opening them.

Old NIB pins are sorta like Original PEZ dispensers or still packaged action-figures that Star Trek and comic nerds collect

You should carefully pull it out of the box and keep the box! Just like some of the guys who still have the box for their original BBB!

#12 5 years ago

Insert drewling emoji

#13 5 years ago

Talk about unearthing a real life fossil. Nice!

DF801F7B-31A2-476D-BF38-2BDECF03C08E (resized).jpegDF801F7B-31A2-476D-BF38-2BDECF03C08E (resized).jpeg
#14 5 years ago

GO FORTH AND OPEN YE

AC (resized).jpgAC (resized).jpg
#15 5 years ago

omg

#16 5 years ago

I’ll wait for a nib stern jp

#17 5 years ago

How much?

#18 5 years ago

Does not include the kitchen sink? Lame...

#19 5 years ago

I hope it comes with short legs and no levelers Sweetpea

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I hope it comes with short legs and no levelers Sweetpea

I downvoted you just because

#22 5 years ago

I bet you 'spared no expense' in acquiring it.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I bet you 'spared no expense' in acquiring it.

Seller posted on FB that he sold it for 5k

#24 5 years ago

Alright, with all the issues on the forum about out of box issues I’ve read this week, we need to hear if there any out of the box issues with this “Excellence in Quality for the 1990’s”

#25 5 years ago

Closeup shots of the playfield rubbers and batteries please?

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Seller posted on FB that he sold it for 5k

It was a play on words from the movie.

#27 5 years ago

I love seeing these old nib games

Very cool

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Closeup shots of the playfield rubbers and batteries please?

Absolutely. We will do our best to document everything.

#29 5 years ago

People are going to flip if there is any insert ghosting, or dimpling haha. Seriously really cool find.

#30 5 years ago

Oh wow. This is awesome!!! Can you please give us some backstory on how this came about??

#31 5 years ago

What cracks me up is that Sweetpea automatically capitalized itself guess I'm callin a bunch a mf's Sweetpea and had no idea.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Oh wow. This is awesome!!! Can you please give us some backstory on how this came about??

Here is the story behind the machine. I purchased it today from this person. He is a fellow Pinsider and was fantastic to work with.

“I had a good friend back in the day that had a lot of money. She wanted to buy games for her party room in her house so I took her and her husband to the Colorado Game Exchange. Not once did I ever ask for anything from them. To my surprise they bought two Jurassic Park pinball machines and told me one of them was mine. I told them I would pay for it she said no it was a gift from her to me. I still insisted on paying for it. A few days later we were all having a few beers and her and her husband got into an argument. They were both drunk. Eventually they were screaming and yelling at each other. Somehow the husband thought I raised my voice at her. He came in the room and started yelling at me and even pushed me. I told them both to fuck off and I left. A day or two after that the machines were delivered to her house. I ran into her and him about a week later and they both apologized for being overly drunk and for treating me like crap. I told them I didn't need friends like them and would not accept the apology. She started crying and promised it wouldn't happen again. I left. I had not seen either one of them after that until the September 2017. When I seen her she looked at me and said hello and I said hello back. I we talked a bit and eventually I asked her if she still had all the games that she bought back in the day and she told me no and then she said the only game she had was the Jurassic Park she bought for me and she said it was still sitting new in the garage waiting for me to come pick it up. She basically said that if I did not come get it that she was going to throw it away and asked me if I could come get it the next day. She said it was in her way and she wants it gone I told her I would still give her some money for it and she refused the money. She wrote down her phone number and her address and said call me when you're on the way then she left. The next day I called her she said the game was sitting outside in the driveway so I went and picked it up I had a friend go knock on the door and some young kid answered the door and my friend handed the kid the money and said here's some money for the game. So that's basically the story of the NIB Jurassic Park.”

#33 5 years ago

Craziest story ever. And one of the luckiest guys ever! Congrats.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

Here is the story behind the machine. I purchased it today from this person. He is a fellow Pinsider and was fantastic to work with.
“I had a good friend back in the day that had a lot of money. She wanted to buy games for her party room in her house so I took her and her husband to the Colorado Game Exchange. Not once did I ever ask for anything from them. To my surprise they bought two Jurassic Park pinball machines and told me one of them was mine. I told them I would pay for it she said no it was a gift from her to me. I still insisted on paying for it. A few days later we were all having a few beers and her and her husband got into an argument. They were both drunk. Eventually they were screaming and yelling at each other. Somehow the husband thought I raised my voice at her. He came in the room and started yelling at me and even pushed me. I told them both to fuck off and I left. A day or two after that the machines were delivered to her house. I ran into her and him about a week later and they both apologized for being overly drunk and for treating me like crap. I told them I didn't need friends like them and would not accept the apology. She started crying and promised it wouldn't happen again. I left. I had not seen either one of them after that until the September 2017. When I seen her she looked at me and said hello and I said hello back. I we talked a bit and eventually I asked her if she still had all the games that she bought back in the day and she told me no and then she said the only game she had was the Jurassic Park she bought for me and she said it was still sitting new in the garage waiting for me to come pick it up. She basically said that if I did not come get it that she was going to throw it away and asked me if I could come get it the next day. She said it was in her way and she wants it gone I told her I would still give her some money for it and she refused the money. She wrote down her phone number and her address and said call me when you're on the way then she left. The next day I called her she said the game was sitting outside in the driveway so I went and picked it up I had a friend go knock on the door and some young kid answered the door and my friend handed the kid the money and said here's some money for the game. So that's basically the story of the NIB Jurassic Park.”

I wonder if that kid pocketed cash and didn't tell his parents

#35 5 years ago

what a crazy story.

I'm dying to know how much you got this for. From the sound of this story, I bet you didn't pay alot. What an awesome find!

#36 5 years ago

Awesome, can’t wait to see this game unboxed and set up!

#37 5 years ago

That’s electric sex, right there.

45DD5CE7-3314-4CAA-9B31-E9E311D99072.gif45DD5CE7-3314-4CAA-9B31-E9E311D99072.gif
#38 5 years ago

So...no Ian Malcolm or John Hammond images yet in the spirit of this?! WTH

62C8845E-D49A-4F6E-88F1-1AAE148111C0 (resized).png62C8845E-D49A-4F6E-88F1-1AAE148111C0 (resized).png
#39 5 years ago

Cool story bro

Seriously though these NIB finds of older titles are almost unreal! Love’em.

#40 5 years ago

What a story! Can’t wait for the reveal! Old/new game for your collection...NIB that old, just awesome.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

Acquired this beauty today. Stay tuned for updates and unboxing videos!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Y'all should have mailed this to John Borg and filmed a react video.

#42 5 years ago

What an interesting paragraph.

#43 5 years ago

OP is playin' it cool
but how does your heart not beat right out of your chest when you hear the words...
"It's still sitting new in the garage waiting for you."

Are you kidding me!?!

#44 5 years ago

I've never been able to play a JP, but I'm sure the feeling of a NIB game doesn't change much! love to hear the story - I'm sure as good as the game is, it's never going to live up to the story of where/how you found that game!

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

This was an absolute wild ride. What an awkward exchange. It sounded like they were gonna reconnect after all this time? I mean she’s still giving him a brand new game she spent thousands on. And instead she says “pick it up or it’s trash” so like what exact was the whole point? Just to keep her word?

People are weird... not like pinball, pinball is simple.
You get told to pick up a pinball machine, you do it!

#46 5 years ago

sounds like a swinger party in the making.

#47 5 years ago

She wants him
always did !
always will!

#48 5 years ago

OPEN THE BOX ALREADY

#49 5 years ago

Following. Looks pretty sweet!

#50 5 years ago

man. So awesome. Posting to follow the story.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wappingers Falls, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-jurassic-park-probably-the-last-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.