Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jayhawkai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Me7bm.jpg
    Ironman.jpg
    Ironman_005.JPG
    Ironman_004.JPG
    Ironman_001.JPG
    #1 12 years ago

Drop'd by S.tactic's 2-nite to check out his NIB IM.. He got it Tuesday , said he took the day off. There's NOTHING like a NIB Pin.. I Personally Haven't experienced that ( Yet ). He had already installed the Shaker motor and Installed a Flipper Fidelity Sound system.. The back-Ground ROCK sound-track is Excellent.. Here's a Couple of Pict's , We also filmed a 1 on 1 Game . It's Gonna be in 2-Part's , I pressed the Power button on the camera @ the End of the 4th ball some how .. The video's will be up-loaded Here tomorrow. B_R

Ironman_004.JPGIronman_004.JPG Ironman_005.JPGIronman_005.JPG Ironman.jpgIronman.jpg

#2 12 years ago

that's gonna be awesome.

#3 12 years ago

I took my Stash of CoinTaker Led's with me.. Every insert is either Red, Blue , Green or Cool White.

It lOOk's BadAzz , I 4-got to take a Pict- w/ them in.. I'll be by there soon enough !!

He's Test-n them out , Only saw 2 Led's Ghost , CoinTaker should have his Ghost Buster's

out in a couple of week's..

#4 12 years ago

A brand new IM I would take the day off and possibly the week.

And the highest score went to??

#5 12 years ago

Very nice!

#6 12 years ago

Can't wait for cointaker to releas their ghostbuster LEDs just ain't enough colour choice in ablazes, especially for IM with it's teal and pink inserts. I brought my IM nib and it's a killer game still have it and unless something special comes out I can live without it won't be leaving.

#7 12 years ago

Nice! Awesome game! Got to play one on location and loved it. Had an IM and Avatar side by side and IM got all my money.

#8 12 years ago

Looks sweet.. love this game. Get a subwoofer in there for sure.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

Looks sweet.. love this game. Get a subwoofer in there for sure.

Already installed the full Flipper Fidelity system!! It sounds great!

#10 12 years ago

OK, I now have IM on the mind! The closest one is in ATL from me I think, I'm in Athens TN

#11 12 years ago

Doesn't it though?? Awesome.. I need the shaker still though.

I just watched the first movie again last night and all the music in the pin is from there.

Quoted from shanetastic:

pinball_customs said:Looks sweet.. love this game. Get a subwoofer in there for sure.
    Already installed the full Flipper Fidelity system!! It sounds great!

#12 12 years ago

We did a video of some really CRAPPY gameplay. Sometimes beer is good for my game... sometimes it is BAD Here it is...

Part 1

Part 2

#13 12 years ago

Hahaha...
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one getting their ass handed to them when first playing IM.
    Don't worry Shane/B_R, it gets a little better...
    Doesn't the FF/Shaker combo, just make the experience THAT much better?
    Good times!
    I will have to "Tsk-Tsk" the five ball play though...

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I will have to "Tsk-Tsk" the five ball play though...

I like 5 ball with hard rules. Right now, I am on default rules to get a good feel for the machine, then I will turn up the difficulty.

#15 12 years ago

congrats shane! i love me some good IM. and the shaker motor is a must have!

#16 12 years ago

Great looking game Shane,

Just curious where did you find a N.I.B IM, was it pricey? I have been looking for one.

Thanks

#17 12 years ago

You Beat me to it S.t ...

#18 12 years ago

mtp78 - Flipper Fidelity's website still shows an IM pro model available for $4299 NIB.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

mtp78 - Flipper Fidelity's website still shows an IM pro model available for $4299 NIB.

I checked on that one before I bought mine... they don't have it anymore.

#20 12 years ago

Awesome collection Shane. IM looks really sweet.

#21 12 years ago

after watching your vids. i'm amazed at the pro sub you installed? you have to have one, that thing is bumpin hard! i'd reccomend cranking those rear legs up at least an inch..get some real speed poppin on that playfield!!!

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i'd reccomend cranking those rear legs up at least an inch

Yep... I plan on it! And yeah, the sub does hit hard... even on the low setting.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I will have to "Tsk-Tsk" the five ball play though... [] []

3 ball or 5 ball ,, To Each his or her own.. Tournament/Tourney's ( Yes 3-ball ) @ Home 5 ball..

#24 12 years ago

Man that is sweet shanetastic congrats on the NIB that must be such a rush opening it up!! Hope you enjoy it!!

Hey B_R any insider knowledge on when Cointaker is going to release some ghost busters?

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

3 ball or 5 ball ,, To Each his or her own..

I was just teasing Ya' B_R! IM is pretty brutal, especially with the War Machine kicker launching during multiball play.
    I also noticed that you were cradling more too.

Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

get some real speed poppin on that playfield!!!

Yeah,
    7 degrees seems just about perfect on IM. Let's see how long you can last Shane- in keeping that left outlane wiiiide open!
    I did a service report on how many drains each outlane took... The left one quadrupled the right in amount of lost balls. It is frustrating to say the least!
    Cointaker is ANOTHER week + out on the Premiums.
    *sigh*
    I am going back to incandescent bulbs...

#26 12 years ago

Hell yes! Congrats on the new pin Shanetastic! I've only gotten maybe a dozen plays on IM but damn I loved it. Very slick, and the War Machine kicker is just brutal.

Looks like maybe Lost Ark could have another guest pin in the future???

#27 12 years ago

The Banker is Foaming @ the Mouth to get Shane's IJ.. Hell . Sell IJ and get you another Stern ..
    Get a BDK..... Yea...

or Spiderman

#28 12 years ago

Watching your video makes wanting a NIB pinball that more excessive....sweet machine! Me thinks the FF speaker system was made for that machine.

#29 12 years ago

Shane, what other mods did you do or do you have planned other than the FF system, shaker, and leg protectors? I may be right behind you in getting a NIB Iron Man.

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from mtp78:

Great looking game Shane,
    Just curious where did you find a N.I.B IM, was it pricey? I have been looking for one.
    Thanks

When I was talking to Trent earlier this month he still had a few.

TiltAmusements.com

He's one of the Top guys to buy a machine from and his prices are very good.

#31 12 years ago

IM is an underrated game.... so much fun! Contrats on your new pin!

#32 12 years ago

I received the EL wire for whiplash... That is the next mod! Installing it tomorrow. Hopefully it works as planned.

I am very happy with this game. I just can't get enough. Have been playing it all afternoon/night.

#33 12 years ago

IM is fast.....thanks for posting.....

#34 12 years ago

Great pin. Got mine NIB and sold it. Probably shouldn't have. Great kick back.

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from shanetastic:

I received the EL wire for whiplash

that mod is awesome. congrats

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from shanetastic:

I received the EL wire for whiplash... That is the next mod! Installing it tomorrow. Hopefully it works as planned.
    I am very happy with this game. I just can't get enough. Have been playing it all afternoon/night.

Hey Shane, can you do a writeup here on the EL wire install? Would love to see how it works with a pin.

#37 12 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Hey Shane, can you do a writeup here on the EL wire install? Would love to see how it works with a pin.

Sorry everybody. I have been a little caught up in some other things the past few days and couldn't post what I have done.

I did successfully install the EL wire mod.

The zener diode worked as I expected and converted the 24 volts seen at the flasher to 12 volts.
    However, the 24 volts seen at the flasher drops several volts when the flasher goes off. This caused the voltage on the inverter side of the zener diode to drop well below 12 volts and the EL wire was very dim.

I then decided to remove the diode and see if the inverter could handle the 20 or so volts, and it seems to be working so far and is much brighter, but I worry that it will eventually blow the inverter out.

My new plan is to get a zener that only drops the voltage 6 or 8 volts, so the inverter is getting at least the 12 volts it needs at all times, but is not likely to blow the inverter up.

I may also try to pull 12 volt power from another source in the cabinet and see if that works any better than a lower voltage zener.

Wait for it.....

I'll post up a quick video tonight of what it looks like so far.

#38 12 years ago

Here is a video of the EL whips in action.... the static sound is not the machine, it is because my phone seems unable to handle the intense power of the Flipper Fidelity

#39 12 years ago

So is that video taken with the diode removed?
    It still seems really dim Shane; I too was afraid of the voltage drop. I will probably try to go thicker on the EL and see if there's another way to keep it stable.
    Thanks for the update!

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

So is that video taken with the diode removed?

Yes, the diode is removed in the video. It will probably be brighter with a thicker EL wire... or more EL wire of the same thickness. It is crazy how fast I ran out of the 3 feet. If I had about 5 feet, I could have wrapped it much tighter.

#41 12 years ago

First game tomorrow probably:

Me7bm.jpgMe7bm.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-ironman-shanetastics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.