Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Allibaster
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

just wondering did ironman pro come predrilled with nuts for shaker and holes for board out of the box

#3 11 years ago

My 1st one didnt

#4 11 years ago

Interesting, mine didn't.

#5 11 years ago

Mine didn't

#6 11 years ago

Had to drill them myself.

#7 11 years ago

Had to drill mine

#8 11 years ago

Had to drill mine, but the shaker came with t nuts and a drilling template. Very easy to install.

#9 11 years ago

I'll have to check the build date when I get home, but I'm sure is was a later model.

It also seemed to have a larger nylon spacer on the right ramp from an earlier Iron Man I played. The spacer appears to be a fix to keep it from draining when not making all the way up the ramp.

#10 11 years ago

Mine did not come with pre-drill either (first run). Be carefull with the t nuts in the MDF... if you dont line up the screw properly those suckers will rip right through.

#11 11 years ago

Mine did (later run)

#12 11 years ago

Mine came with the holes, one of the last runs, maybe the last run Stern did.

#13 11 years ago

Mine is not drilled, but it does have the right ramp protector.

#14 11 years ago

Nup, mine was one of the first ones made
    no holes, crappy right ramp, no whips in Whiplash's hands

#15 11 years ago

Had to drill mine.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Nup, mine was one of the first ones made
    no holes, crappy right ramp, no whips in Whiplash's hands

No whips??? WTF happened there

#17 11 years ago

ok just checking it a last run i guess went to install the shaker and holes were already there with nuts and pilot holes for board. thanks for the replys and info

#18 11 years ago

Does anyone know what was done to "fix" this issue? I very clearly remember playing one that had a ramp like this - I honestly didn't mind it that much - and then I remember people saying that it had been "fixed", but I have never seen any comparisons to explain what was done differently. I would figure a new mold would have cost a lot, so... I'd love to know what was done here.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

PopBumperPete said:crappy right ramp
    Does anyone know what was done to "fix" this issue? I very clearly remember playing one that had a ramp like this - I honestly didn't mind it that much - and then I remember people saying that it had been "fixed", but I have never seen any comparisons to explain what was done differently. I would figure a new mold would have cost a lot, so... I'd love to know what was done here.

No idea what the Stern fix was but Pinball Life sells a kit for like $0.85 that replaces the right plastic post with a fatter rubber one and a rubber ring at the bottom of it. Works like a champ and is a must have for this game considering how many half ramp shots you make over the course of a game.

#20 11 years ago

I don't know if the ramp changed at all, but Stern finally added a metal protector there. Cliffy sells one if yours doesn't have it.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

I don't know if the ramp changed at all, but Stern finally added a metal protector there. Cliffy sells one if yours doesn't have it.

The problem with that ramp protector is it would push the ball further away from the post thus negating the ramp post fix. I don't see the need for a ramp protector on th right side of the ramp since that side of the ramp is protected by the post. Once I took that protector off the larger size rubber sleeve on the post stopped all my STDM drains on half ramp shots.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

jayhawkai said:I don't know if the ramp changed at all, but Stern finally added a metal protector there. Cliffy sells one if yours doesn't have it.
    The problem with that ramp protector is it would push the ball further away from the post thus negating the ramp post fix. I don't see the need for a ramp protector on th right side of the ramp since that side of the ramp is protected by the post. Once I took that protector off the larger size rubber sleeve on the post stopped all my STDM drains on half ramp shots.

After playing my friends IM and witnessing his ramp being shattered at the entry point by a slung ball from a magnet during multiball I brought a right ramp protector for my IM. Sterns ramps are pretty cheap and thin which is probably why we have heard alot of reports of ramps on tron's being cracked etc, either way exposed plastic whether it has a post or target directly in front of it or not wont be protected by a ball coming at it sideways.

#23 11 years ago

My IM did not have a right ramp protector so I bought one from Cliffy. I put a slight bend in the protector where it mounts to the post so that it nudges unsuccessful shots out and not SDTM. It basically does the same thing as installing the larger post rubber from PBL.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

My IM did not have a right ramp protector so I bought one from Cliffy. I put a slight bend in the protector where it mounts to the post so that it nudges unsuccessful shots out and not SDTM. It basically does the same thing as installing the larger post rubber from PBL.

THIS. Works great, and no shattered ramp. The protector is a must...

#25 11 years ago

+1 Cliffy....... Two birds one stone.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

PopBumperPete said:crappy right ramp

I believe it is the same fix Pinball Life offers: a larger plastic sleeve. That's it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-ironman-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.