5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by sepins
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Someone advertises fairly close for a NIB pin.

Strike a deal and pin arrives on pallet as it should have and box looks perfect.

Seller paid person the shipping charges as it was a delivered price so I had no involvement in shipping.

We unbox it(shipper and Myself) and first thing We notice is backglass is hanging and it broke the molding off the top of backglass.

Unfortunately somewhere along the line the box was slammed down VERY heard by a forklift operator(this is just a guess).

Next big problem is the apron and brackets. Won't go in to all the other details about issues with game.

Now comes the problem!

A) Distributor sold 5 NIB games to an operator.
    B) Operator then sells at least one to guy I bought from.

The operator promises Me a new game. Then He slow walks Me for 75 days. I call Him out on length of time and He freaks out and tells Me to go to manufacturer because I know the owner on a personal basis.

I am posting this for one reason only...BE CAREFUL BUYING NIB PINS FROM OTHER THAN AUTHORIZED SELLERS!!!

Damage that is not seen does exist!!!

#2 5 years ago

Appreciate what you’re saying and completely agree. I’m hoping this all works out for you in the end.

#3 5 years ago

Ahhhh... the mysterious vale that covers NIB pins strikes again. Man so sorry to hear this happened to you. Let us know how this works out.

#4 5 years ago

Another issue as I continue my journey to get game replaced.

I called a State agency to find out my rights as my attorney said I would spend a lot using Him.

1st question was did I pay sales tax.

Then the next question was did anyone pay sales tax.

Was told if I file a formal complaint on all parties involved, the sales tax issue would come up.

The game went from Distributor outside Country directly to person I bought it from(Don't think Operator ever had posession but not sure). Then shipped to Me.

I do believe when the operator sold the game NIB He would be responsible for sales tax submission if He didn't route it since He acted as a broker???

So the risk in trying to get it replaced and filing complaint is I might have to come up with $500 in sales tax. Risk-Reward.

I was told 2 separate times game would be replaced. Once by Manufacturer and also by Operator. Neither one have kept their word.

I am persuing this because when I sell game I will disclose this to the next buyer and it will lower sale price.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from sepins:

Another issue as I continue my journey to get game replaced.
    I called a State agency to find out my rights as my attorney said I would spend a lot using Him.
    1st question was did I pay sales tax.
    Then the next question was did anyone pay sales tax.
    Was told if I file a formal complaint on all parties involved, the sales tax issue would come up.
    The game went from Distributor outside Country directly to person I bought it from(Don't think Operator ever had posession but not sure). Then shipped to Me.
    I do believe when the operator sold the game NIB He would be responsible for sales tax submission if He didn't route it since He acted as a broker???
    So the risk in trying to get it replaced and filing complaint is I might have to come up with $500 in sales tax. Risk-Reward.
    I was told 2 separate times game would be replaced. Once by Manufacturer and also by Operator. Neither one have kept their word.
    I am persuing this because when I sell game I will disclose this to the next buyer and it will lower sale price.

Sounds like you need to start calling out names.

#6 5 years ago

Following.

Hopefully you can get a happy ending.

#7 5 years ago

As a Distributor I had a customer buy a game and took delivery 3 months ago and collected the new in box game.

It was loaded in a container from the manufacturer, unloaded myself and moved 10 feet from the container till it was collected by the customer.

Customer called and said he just unpacked game and it was damaged, split cabinet 3 months after it was collected.

Problem is manufacturer says it has been dropped and was not damaged when packed, so where was it damaged?

Nobody knows how or who caused the damage, so I replaced the machine with a new one, and had to repair the damaged one at my expense.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Sounds like you need to start calling out names.

After I file complaint I will update here.

Thanks for the support!!!

#9 5 years ago

Out of the blue the operator called Me.

No game replaced as promised. He said things have changed.

But this is heating up on other fronts...Ouch!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-game-not-bought-from-distributor-damage?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.