(Topic ID: 198357)

NIB EM, How Much To Build, Would It Sell?

By Dooskie

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by stoptap
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN5531 (resized).JPG
    DSCN5530 (resized).JPG
    image-7 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image-3[1] (resized).jpg
    image-7 (resized).jpg
    image-18 (resized).jpg
    image-14 (resized).jpg
    e86ab6418bfc0fd67efc991b649a01807941851ab337157757f198b9395bfb57 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joker2415.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

I guess what I was getting at is could you build an EM style machine (i.e. scoring reels, old style bumpers, etc.), so that on the outside it looks and plays like an EM, but the guts of the machine are done with modern technology. And if so, is there any kind of market for it? Surely it wouldn't cost near as much to build as what is being produced at the major pinball manufacturer's, would it?

No clue! But if I want an EM it's because of the mechanical wonder in it. It's a mechanical computer. So, I can look at the engineering and appreciate all of the work that was involved. That's what makes those so fun to me. If all of that was taken away? It really wouldn't be that interesting as a new item.

Now! What might be interesting and I'm not sure if it's ever been done? A kit machine. You buy the thing on a pallet and assemble it yourself, like a model that actually plays. That would be kind of cool! Probably very expensive though! A quality one, not some junk stuff thrown in a box.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

Wait. That changes things.

If I had the money I'd try to put one together for sale as a kit. I'd bet there are enough of us hobby guys out here to want one if the price could be right, and the game would have to be interesting too! Nice clean, build it with your kids. have different levels, bare not put together, or all paint work done and your just building it. It would appeal to more than just pinball guys too!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joker2415.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-em-how-much-to-build-would-it-sell?tu=Joker2415 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.