By High_End_Pins

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Finally wrapped up the NIB Diner.
It was a gamble for the owner and myself. You never know what will be in the box when a game has sat for over 20 years. On these System 11s it is really dicey. Maybe a Diamond Plate ?Maybe not ?
Anyway this is how it went and the direction taken start to finish. Not so much a highlight or in the vein of what I normally do but a cool look at what was in the box and the thought process of what was the best course to take in that situation.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album319

#2 10 years ago

Wow what a lucky customer.Diner was the first pin we ever bought.It was 6 months old ,diamond-plated and mint.I had no idea back then what I had.Your work is really a credit to this hobby.

#3 10 years ago

Cool pics thanks for sharing. Very lucky on the concentration of the battery leak.

#4 10 years ago

just shopped a couple diners. one was a diamondplate but, man, is that one pretty machine.
sucks about the clearcoat issues with system 11s. this would have been a prime candidate.
sweet game, and dig your choice to make the apron wire yellow, too!

#5 10 years ago

Nice. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

#6 10 years ago

Wow. Nice to see a NIB from back in the day's.

#7 10 years ago

amazing that even being in a box away from any sunlight for all those years, the cup still yellows.

#8 10 years ago

That is gorgeous. Definitely my favorite system 11 game. I purchased one for my Dad about 6 years ago and enjoy playing it every chance I get.

#9 10 years ago

Just played one of these for the first time Friday night and now I want one super fun game.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just played one of these for the first time Friday night and now I want one super fun game.

I stumbled upon mine 14 years ago. Diner is one of the best kept secrets out there.

Thanks for sharing HEP!

#12 10 years ago

Nice to see it was in pretty good shape still

#13 10 years ago

CPR are going to do a repo Playfield and I think it would be great if they could scan the Playfield if once was a nib diner

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
PinSound

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bartlett, IL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-diner-1?hl=mal7887 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.