(Topic ID: 236958)

NIB DI does it matter who I buy it from?

By marioparty34

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B484D875-29C6-4438-B0AF-CAC9831D8BFE (resized).jpeg
RBION-Extras (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Newbie question: Looking to buy a NIB DI. Is there any difference or benefit from buying directly from jjp.com vs an online/brick and mortar dealer?

Thanks in advance for advice/info.

#2 5 years ago

I believe pricing is the same. I would recommend Abel Electronics, great buying experience and customer support.

#3 5 years ago

Some distributors will offer perks. For example, king pin doubles your factory warranty. If you go local, they may deliver or setup the game, or the most games you buy from them the better pricing or service.

#4 5 years ago

Watch out for taxes if you buy from your state

#5 5 years ago

Have you ruled out buying a HUO used one for about $1500 less? You give up some initial warranty support but the risk is minimal if you buy from a reputable Pinsider that has already fixed any out of the box issues.

#6 5 years ago

Did you change your mind about my RBION? It really is like new... I forgot to tell you, it also has NVRAM, you'll never have to worry about battery corrosion or changing them!

Forget DI, it sucks...

Just kidding, I like DI too, but would way rather have some game variety: you can get 2 lightly used, like-new machines for 1 NIB DI.

You are actually more likely to have issues with a NIB too...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-time-pinball-owner-to-be-expected

#7 5 years ago

Abel Electronics. Small family owned and Gary will help you with any issues you may encounter. He actually knows the games and can troubleshoot with you. I would not buy JJP anywhere else.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Did you change your mind about my RBION? It really is like new... I forgot to tell you, it also has NVRAM, you'll never have to worry about battery corrosion or changing them!
Forget DI, it sucks...
Just kidding, I like DI too, but would way rather have some game variety: you can get 2 lightly used, like-new machines for 1 NIB DI.
You are actually more likely to have issues with a NIB too...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-time-pinball-owner-to-be-expected

Stay in your lane bro!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Watch out for taxes if you buy from your state

Can you explain this ... it’s less advantageous to buy within state due to tax collected vs. buying from out of state? I had thought it was a level playing field where tax was to be collected regardless.

#10 5 years ago

The cross-state-taxing laws aren't implemented everywhere yet... Technically, you're supposed to be on the honor system though.

#11 5 years ago

Did you know Pat Lawlor, the Dialed-In designer, also made the classic RBION? Don't you want the OG classic?

Or you want the theme about a cell-phone and a kid in mom jeans? LOL...

Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Stay in your lane bro!

Nah, I'm about to sweeten the deal...

#12 5 years ago

Psst... ovah herah...

What have we here? It's all the documentation for a NIB RBION, including Stern invoice. What else have we got, a complete new set of ramps, new set of plastics, new set of decals. With all this, this RBION is going to outlast any NIB you get... Nevermind all the stuff on the game is already like new anyway.

RBION-Extras (resized).jpgRBION-Extras (resized).jpg

#13 5 years ago

Thanks for everyone's input!

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

The cross-state-taxing laws aren't implemented everywhere yet... Technically, you're supposed to be on the honor system though.

The state taxes should really be in effect everywhere now. Read about the Wayfair case. If your company didn't charge sales tax for an out of state purchase, they probably should. The companies need to read the Wayfair case and find out about nexus. Lots of companies are going to be in for a rude awakening when it comes back to bite them in the ass. This was a Supreme Court case.

#15 5 years ago

I wish I had a dollar every time some dbag made a mom jeans joke about DI. I’d go buy another DI.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

I wish I had a dollar every time some dbag made a mom jeans joke about DI. I’d go buy another DI.

Exactly. Besides. Mom jeans are making a come back. Dialed In is awesome. Music is catchy, sounds are amazing, and the shots and flow combos are satisfying as heck. Magnets put it over the top, and other details, like how a locked ball at station three magically releases to create an illusion that the ball you just shot is completing its trip astounds. Its first class thought, quality, and execution and is the GOAT imo particularly due to the unique unlicensed theme.

#17 5 years ago

A distributor will give you better service and warranty.

#18 5 years ago

For JJP pins go with Chris KingPinGames

He is amazingly helpful, doubles the factory warranty, and will be your first point of contact for issues. He is readily available and easy to get hold of. No need to contact JJP for support, he has contacts there and will do it for you. (And his brother is Eric who designed POTC so that’s pretty awesome)

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

The state taxes should really be in effect everywhere now. Read about the Wayfair case. If your company didn't charge sales tax for an out of state purchase, they probably should. The companies need to read the Wayfair case and find out about nexus. Lots of companies are going to be in for a rude awakening when it comes back to bite them in the ass. This was a Supreme Court case.

They are NOT in effect everywhere, for example Missouri has no legislation yet, so stop spreading fear.

#20 5 years ago

Man, didn't realize DI fans are still so sensitive, I was only kidding around... recalling the original complaints...

It's still no RBION though... ... kidding ...

By the way, did you see what I did here? Safe Cracker, another Lawlor hit... I'm a big fan, his games have a lot of character.

Quoted from HighVoltage:

Psst... ovah herah...

#21 5 years ago

On another note, I'm wondering about the demographic of people that just show up and are looking to buy a NIB, even a premium one like DI.

Have you been into pinball for a while and now recently have the disposable income and/or space for a machine?

Or did you become a fan of pinball recently, and how did that happen?

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

On another note, I'm wondering about the demographic of people that just show up and are looking to buy a NIB, even a premium one like DI.
Have you been into pinball for a while and now recently have the disposable income and/or space for a machine?
Or did you become a fan of pinball recently, and how did that happen?

I'm part of this demographic.

I was new to pinball. This machine resonated with me. It's fun & light-hearted, but then it turns evil & dark. The shots are fluid and satisfying, but the gameplay is challenging and maddening. New people love it for the simplicity & lightshow, vets love it for the depth it provides.

This game really does have it all. I've played it daily for 8 months. I can't get enough of it. I get so mad sometimes when I drain, but then I hit the start button again and think to myself "wow, ok one more I guess."

Addicting.

#23 5 years ago

NOT little shop of games. Christ was that a horrible experience.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Man, didn't realize DI fans are still so sensitive, I was only kidding around... recalling the original complaints...

I think it's less of a sensitivity thing as much as we don't see how you're helping anything and also trying to sell your own game.

#25 5 years ago

He's looking for nice games, does it really matter which ones he gets? He PM'd me after my posts. He's getting DI as well as RBION, not instead of. Jumping in with both feet...

Good thing we can always depend on you to stay on point though!

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Good thing we can always depend on you to stay on point though!

We can only read the post title, and what the OP is asking; Seems bush league to interject yourself into it.
If you don't understand that, then I don't know what to say.

#27 5 years ago

Yes it matters who you buy it from. Because Kingpin.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We can only read the post title, and what the OP is asking; Seems bush league to interject yourself into it.
If you don't understand that, then I don't know what to say.

Obviously you never introspect about some of your own interjections, or you'd realize this is kind of ironic.

It was more an inside joke with him since he previously inquired. He was amused, but sensitive DI owners got hurt in the process, oh dear.

#29 5 years ago
B484D875-29C6-4438-B0AF-CAC9831D8BFE (resized).jpegB484D875-29C6-4438-B0AF-CAC9831D8BFE (resized).jpeg
#30 5 years ago

DI is a great Pin!
Try Zach at Flip N Out pinball. Great guy and super helpful for any thing you need.

#31 5 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words guy! It means A LOT to me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-di-does-it-matter-who-i-buy-it-from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.