• Latest reply 8 years ago by epthegeek
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cactus-canyon-cab-art-1.jpg
image.jpg
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Hey guys not if there are rules about posting eBay but saw this and wanted to share. Interesting that it came from factory with lock down bar. Did they come like that back in the day?

ebay.com link: CACTUS CANYON Pinball machine by Bally New In Box with collector plaque

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Did they come like that back in the day?

all WPC95 games had lockbar brackets installed from factory.

#3 8 years ago

I think I would rather buy one for about $10K and then send it to HEP rather than spend $20K for one NIB.

Still, pretty neat that there are still NIB Cactus Canyons in the world.

Quoted from kaneda:

Hey guys not if there are rules about posting eBay but saw this and wanted to share.

I am checking with Robin about how he would like to handle links to eBay. I believe it is ok as long as you are not deliberately trying to circumvent the Market Tool. In this particular case, I do not believe that is such an attempt.

Marcus

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Hey guys not if there are rules about posting eBay but saw this and wanted to share. Interesting that it came from factory with lock down bar. Did they come like that back in the day?
ebay.com link » Cactus Canyon Pinball Machine By Bally New In Box With Collector Plaque

Every pinball machine ever made came with a lockdown bar.

If you are referring to the door lock bar brackets, yes, these games all came with 'em. Every single WPC95 HUO or NIB thread in the history of RGP or pinside has this question asked and answered.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Every pinball machine ever made came with a lockdown bar.
If you are referring to the door lock bar brackets, yes, these games all came with 'em. Every single WPC95 HUO or NIB thread in the history of RGP or pinside has this question asked and answered.

Thanks for the answer. Still learning

#6 8 years ago

If it wasn't for PPS, the seller just may have gotten the 20K. Now, I'm not so sure he will even get 15K.

#7 8 years ago

The ebay seller has been unloading a stash of NIB games for years on ebay.

#8 8 years ago

Wonder how well the batteries are holding up?

#9 8 years ago

Kind of strange that they sell mostly $9.95 thrift store garbage and then a NIB pinball machine now and then. They must be selling for someone else like a local collector. Could even be former Williams people. Cedarburg is tourist area north of Milwaukee. Not that far from Chicago. I wonder if any pinsiders know these guys.

#10 8 years ago

In one of the pics there are 3 NIB machines showing, not just the CC. The back box has red lettering, not sure if it's a new Stern or a BBB. I need to go out to my barn later and look at boxes. I should have both.

#11 8 years ago

The seller has been at it selling nib for many years now.

#12 8 years ago

He's got some real nice shorts for sale in his store. Looks like he bought a lot of stuff when these machines came out.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Still, pretty neat that there are still NIB Cactus Canyons in the world.

They're waiting for the code to be finished

#14 8 years ago

Forget the cactus canyon what's the other two nib Wms games beside it???

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

One next to a Cactus Canyon is definitely Star Trek TNG

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

This is the same question I was asking myself

#17 8 years ago

For 20k you would at least think it had become a better machine sitting in that box than I remember the set up ones on route back in 1998 being. GLWS!

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Looks like the 3rd one is a Stern Before the Logo Change.
Example Below

image.jpgimage.jpg
#19 8 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Kind of strange that they sell mostly $9.95 thrift store garbage and then a NIB pinball machine now and then. They must be selling for someone else like a local collector. Could even be former Williams people. Cedarburg is tourist area north of Milwaukee. Not that far from Chicago. I wonder if any pinsiders know these guys.

Lol! I know right
Maybe they just made some good investments?

#20 8 years ago

What's this thing worth? Like many have said in other threads NIB is so dicey because once you open it you've got a huo in mint condition. A HEP restored CC would be cheaper than his 20k asking. Thinking this thing is worth more like 14-16k. Thoughts?

#21 8 years ago

I wouldn't even want it, because the CPU board probably looks like a chia pet. When you spend 15k on something, it better not need anything. Plug and play. if it doesn't, then it's money pissed away.

#22 8 years ago

plus it looks like they have 2 of them. Might be another one right next to it.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

I do not know them but local people know this guy and have seen his stash. Rumors are that he has lots of nib games and leaks then slowly to keep the prices high.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Thinking this thing is worth more like 14-16k. Thoughts?

At least what it sold for new back in 1998. If you take into account inflation, that should cover a replacement CPU if it turns out to be roached.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

What's this thing worth? Like many have said in other threads NIB is so dicey because once you open it you've got a huo in mint condition. A HEP restored CC would be cheaper than his 20k asking. Thinking this thing is worth more like 14-16k. Thoughts?

A lot...or ALL of the extra money spent over a HEP would be the excitement to take a brand new machine out of a box that is nearly 20 years old. Worth the extra $6K? Depends on who you ask.

Either way, good find Kaneda.

#26 8 years ago

No one in their right mind would buy this. PPS will eventually remake it.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

No one in their right mind would buy this. PPS will eventually remake it.

Not everyone is that in tune with the pinball world. Also depends on the price. At $8K you'd have a crap load of buyers.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Not everyone is that in tune with the pinball world. Also depends on the price. At $8K you'd have a crap load of buyers.

At the $20k price I would think it would be geared towards a collector. Some may not be in tune but I think most people at that price point would be.
I agree at $8k it would probably be gone.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

At the $20k price I would think it would be geared towards a collector. Some may not be in tune but I think most people at that price point would be.
I agree at $8k it would probably be gone.

Agreed. But it has a make an offer option. Wonder what the seller is hoping to get out of this...

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Even if it sells for asking price, wont he end up getting around $16k after all fees are collected? So if he's asking $20k buy it now on ebay then he would most likely think long and hard if a $15k local cash offer got put in front of him.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Isnt

Even if it sells for asking price, wont he end up getting around $16k after all fees are collected? So if he's asking $20k buy it now on ebay then he would most likely think long and hard if a $15k local cash offer got put in front of him.

Id be willing to bet this changes hands *outside* of an eBay transaction....

But who knows- some wild buyer could bite on the 20k....

#32 8 years ago

Just wait until the remake, it is on the list to be remade.......

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Sure it is.

Quoted from BigDan:

No. The max eBay fee is $750. And my guess is he'd forego PayPal since it's pick up only. Even if he didn't that's another $580. So he'd pocket more like $18,670.

#34 8 years ago

Interesting mélange of articles that the seller has for sale: not exactly pinball related.

#35 8 years ago

Why spend 20k on this when you can get these 5 games instead for same price.

RARE-BALLY-PINBALL-SILVER-BALL-MANIA-FLASH-GORDON-ELEKTRA-MEDUSA-XENON-SPECTRUM

The Medusa has a RARE tits backglass. I'm still looking for the tits.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Why spend 20k on this when you can get these 5 games instead for same price.
RARE-BALLY-PINBALL-SILVER-BALL-MANIA-FLASH-GORDON-ELEKTRA-MEDUSA-XENON-SPECTRUM
The Medusa has a RARE tits backglass. I'm still looking for the tits.

I think 20k is way too much for those 5 games
Lol

#37 8 years ago

Why was this posted in Tech??!

#38 8 years ago

I'm making a run at it...

Even if PPS remakes, I'd prefer the original Williams machine. (It's not a knock on them...I know people have been very happy with their new MM's).

Pete

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Even if PPS remakes, I'd prefer the original Williams machine. (It's not a knock on them...I know people have been very happy with their new MM's).
Pete

I totally understand the appeal of new in box of older titles. Good luck, hope it goes well.

#40 8 years ago

Amazed no one has made any offers yet, Good luck

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Even if PPS remakes, I'd prefer the original Williams machine.

+1

Good-luck! I hope it works out!

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Pete

i agree. go for it. : P

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Please consider the source.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I remember a guy on RGP who used to chime in whenever a woodrail like Mermaid went for big money...

"Good luck with that! In 25 years these games will be worthless!!!!"

Oh, so I just have to wait till 2030? Fantastic!

I've now put about 60 hours on my AFM which I've had since 4 months ago, which is coincidentally when I was advised not to acquire it due to the impeding remake.

#45 8 years ago

look at that nice virginal playfield.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Looks like the 3rd one is a Stern Before the Logo Change.
Example Below

image.jpg

Gotta be pretty rare to have. CSI nib like that too. Makes you wonder how someone has so many old games never touched.

#47 8 years ago

Just wait for this time next year to get one NIB...

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Good Catch!

This thread has been moved from Tech to "All Pinball".

Thanks.

Marcus

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Just wait for this time next year to get one NIB...

Make a bet?

#50 8 years ago

I bet you a 2 player game at papa, credit is on me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-cactus-canyon-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.