• Return to Battle, Soldier! 51 votes
    38%
  • Wait for DeepRoot... 10 votes
    8%

(133 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

67C3BBD3-E634-43BB-9561-80C641B6EA29 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

The wife has made me an offer (that I might refuse) and I wanted to hear a few cons and pros between choosing a Stern BM66 premium over a CGC AFMrLE. I know a lot of people would post its up to me which one is the one for me, but I would like to hear peoples thoughts if faced with choosing between the two. The deal my wife has offered is this- I get rid of the virtual pinball machine that I made out of an old Roller Games cabinet then we have enough room to get a BM66 premium NIB, or possibly an AFMrLE depending on availability and if that cool Batmobile topper can be purchased seperately or not. The only other pin I have a blanket “Buy Now” edict on from her (since we ordered the MBrLE already) is a TAFrLE if and when it is ever announced by PPS/CGC, which will likely make a lot of other people post, “yeah, like in your dreams...” which right now, is exactly where it is.

#5 5 years ago

My vote was for AFMrLE, but the wife REALLY likes BM66, but not for the reasons I would want a BM66. I like Lyman code, my wife has no clue who programmed what. She likes Batman, the TV show, specifically. Its her dream theme now that we have OUR dream theme Monster Bash remake already on the way. Batman 66 was burned into my little psyche when I was 4 years old, but it was in serialized reruns during after school TV programming were it really took hold.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's a cool looking topper, but that girl looks pretty chilled out, given her situation.

Yeah, but you know that old saying “once you’ve gone green...”

#18 5 years ago

The forever part, yeah I have things I have tried to live down now for 29 years... nope, not happening, not ever. Lol

#22 5 years ago

Why I hesitate on BM66 is not that I don’t like any part of it, I know I like it. My problem is how I feel when I get done Ruling the Universe... twice... and chalking up a 20+ billion game (my personal best to date is 23B) Nothing like it for me except maybe someday getting MOR twice on ball one of MB and ending with a 1.33 billion game. Thats coming later this year after my MBrLE shows up in February (March?!?) or at least I have a goal in mind to work towards...

#35 5 years ago

I want to thank all the posters for their take on this, especially those who have or currently own both. I guess I need to go BM66 premium because my deepest game still is FGy even with a MBrLE coming. And MB and AFM are twin brothers of different mothers, although RTU > MoR in difficulty in my book.

#38 5 years ago

MBrLE was a mutual purchase for wife and I, been on our combined short list with TAF for some years... I know what I am getting with MB, a pin I can beat, and have with the exception of LL, which I have yet to accomplish on a real machine, but have done it playing on a vp cabinet and on PA on my iPad, which does not count. My best personal AFM double RTU and 23 billion score is a reason to go BM66 alone, but I like shooting AFM. It satisfies some deep pinball urge like no other pin, not sure why.

#48 5 years ago

Ive flipped all of the pins, BM66 (pro/pre/le), AFMrSE, AFMrLE, but not the latest code on all BM66, and only a premium at .95 (or what ever was in the premiums at Expo) is the latest code I have played.

Asking for Flow on BM66 is kind of like asking a chicken to fly like an eagle... it can try real hard, and it can get airborn, but it cant keep itself in the air that long. Something always stops you from getting it really going except when in a multiball... at least that is my experience, but the multiballs are fun. Certainly no lack of depth.

AFM remakes... people say they flip differently. I say there is some “funky”, non-describable quality in how it shoots, but I think the biggest difference is they are just new. Everyones existing AFM has been played more and has been broke in, and machine to machine there are major differences on originals, and if you regularly flip an original, the remakes feel different, but is it flipper lag or possibly some difference beneath the table? I don’t know.

That said, the remakes all provide a good AFM fix, even if for a short stay in your collection. I mean who doesn’t want to rule the universe at least just once in that gloriously wide, re-dotted display?

#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just buy a Munsters pin Bubblehead. Its what all the cool kids are buying right now.

The cool kids arent married to my wife...

Monster Bash is still haunting you @who-dey... Look... he beckons... “Have ya seen him? Have ya seen the whale!?” “Oh yee, damed whale!!”

Moby Dick... now there is a theme to explore for a pin.
Credit button press -> first callout “Call me Ishmael”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-bm66-premium-or-afmrle?tu=bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.