NIB Black Knight

By smokedog

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#2 12 years ago

a black knight NIB is crazy. even crazier is the price (is it yours?).
Now if it were a bk2k NIB, I might have to sell a kidney for that price.

#3 12 years ago

Not mine. That would be a nice find!

If it was mine, it would no longer be in a box, there would be a bunch of empty beer cans around it, and my flipper fingers would hurt ..... pins are meant to be played!

#4 12 years ago

That is crazy! Only problem I have with that is as soon as you open the box it goes from a $9400 game to a $2000 (or less depending on condition) game.

#5 12 years ago

I did see a verified HUO Bk2K go for $2800 here a year ago, so yea, that will be one expensive box opening

#6 12 years ago

That is awesome. Too rich for my blood, but for someone who loves the black knight, it might be worth it. Whoever buys it will keep it forever.

#7 12 years ago

i hope someone buys it, and keeps it in the box untill i can afford to buy it

#8 12 years ago

If you were very careful, would it be possible to take a machine out of the box, then put it back in, placing the tape where it was originally?

I don't get how you can have something that big, that sold that well, in a box for 31 years without anyone peeping at it.

#9 12 years ago

Anyone found out the story behind this one of why it sat?

Depending on where it was stored, chances are it could be a rust bucket like the NIB NGG someone bought from Lawlor (and subsequently had to send to HEP).

#10 12 years ago

I wonder if it is this guy's from his post last year:
http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?t=307288

What's remarkable is that in that thread at least two other NIB BKs are mentioned...So they are not as rare as imagined. But they did ship with batteries, so the boards are probably toast.

#11 12 years ago

well even if it the MPU is damaged by acid, a new one by rottendog can be had for $275. Of course then it's not original, and certainly not NIB.

I also have to wonder about other things sitting for 30 years. rubber is likely dried out, all pcb standoffs are probably dried out as well (will probably be cracking with a few hits). anything metal probably has oxidation if it was stored in a moist area.

#12 12 years ago

I would bring one of these before I parted with my cash:

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-inspection-camera-67979.html

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

That is crazy! Only problem I have with that is as soon as you open the box it goes from a $9400 game to a $2000 (or less depending on condition) game.

Thats what I was thinking. How can one spend that much on a machine and let it sit? I know for airplanes, cars and many other items sitting is not always a good thing. You guys have pointed that out.

#14 12 years ago

It is fun to dream about new in box, but:

1. Batteries have, after 30 years, gobbled up the CPU board - so to make the game playable, you will have to replace the board.

2. Many of the caps have now dried up or leaked - so to make it playable, you have to replace a bunch of them.

3. Of course all of the rubber has fallen off the game.

4. The backglass may be flaky.

So it's not like someone could buy it, put the legs on it and play it - it's going to require a bit of work.

I'd like to see some vendor buy it and unbox it at a big pinball show!

#15 12 years ago

I dunno, if it is truly mint in box, it could be in remarkably good condition, shielded from the rigors of light and environmental hazards such as smoke and dust, it might just be playable. There is a guy near me that has a flash new in box. So the do exist that old.

Has anyone ever opened a NIB machine that was more than 15 years old? Was it playable? if not, what was wrong?

#16 12 years ago

Hell, what you a MB or MM be NIB???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 1,059.00
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-black-knight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.