41 days ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 days ago by tp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 41 days ago

I like to look at the bang for your buck category on the top 100 but with used games harder to come by might just pick up another NIB.I'm not sure how the formula works and wish this could be a new category . My guess is Monster Bash Classic remake at $6,000 and almost a 9 rating could be tops .

#2 41 days ago

Depends on how you measure. Coil count and toys? You’re probably right. Fun and lastability? That’s debatable. Imdn pro is more fun, but has 1/5 of the coils and toys and all of the shit cheapness that comes with a Stern.

#3 41 days ago

Afmr classic wld be my choice over mb .... also there are some dam good stern pros for around 5500 delivered to your house... met, maiden, munsters, dp and others.... but met wld be my top choice over anything.

#4 41 days ago

Stern pro.

Now and forever.

/end thread

#5 41 days ago

Yea AFMr classic and Metpro would for sure be at the top of the list

#6 41 days ago
    Quoted from plowpusher:

Yea AFMr classic and Metpro would for sure be at the top of the list

Good choices.... And I have both NIB and in stock

Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

#7 41 days ago
    Quoted from plowpusher:

I like to look at the bang for your buck category on the top 100 but with used games harder to come by might just pick up another NIB.I'm not sure how the formula works and wish this could be a new category . My guess is Monster Bash Classic remake at $6,000 and almost a 9 rating could be tops .

These games are actually $6700 including tax or shipping, and the color screen option nobody will not get.

So well over $1,000 more than a stern pro to your door.

#8 41 days ago

I might go with a GOTG pro. I like the game, the shots, the central bash toy, the theme, etc. Not everybody likes the game, so always play before you buy if you're not sure about it.

There are HUO examples have been popping for sale occasionally, so going that route rather than NIB could save a few hundred bucks and get you an almost new game under $5k.

#10 41 days ago
    Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Good choices.... And I have both NIB and in stock
    Steve
    MI Pinball Refinery

I own both already and have been happy with those choices. NIB just seems like a more viable option these days with the crazy used prices

#11 41 days ago

I think TNA is worth looking at.

#12 41 days ago

SMVE, you can get a HUO for a nice price. Such a fun game.

#13 41 days ago

Those remakes at $6300 shipped are tempting. If that era of pin does it for you, I’d be all over one of those.

#14 41 days ago

#54 bang for your buck is ACNC for only $850

#15 41 days ago

Thats pretty cool game for the money id pay twice that

#16 41 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These games are actually $6700 including tax or shipping, and the color screen option nobody will not get.
    So well over $1,000 more than a stern pro to your door.

Or $5500 at a show. I'm good with no color upgrade.

#17 41 days ago
    Quoted from plowpusher:

I own both already and have been happy with those choices. NIB just seems like a more viable option these days with the crazy used prices

Yep. First time ever certain NIB pins are a better value than looking to the used market. 90s dmd prices in particular are bonkers.

I'm currently trying to scoop up the late 80s pins I want before those get any more crazy.

#18 41 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I might go with a GOTG pro. I like the game, the shots, the central bash toy, the theme, etc. Not everybody likes the game, so always play before you buy if you're not sure about it.
    There are HUO examples have been popping for sale occasionally, so going that route rather than NIB could save a few hundred bucks and get you an almost new game under $5k.

One of the best pros , also have my vote for GOTG pro
    I sold my Original MM aftertwo years and would probably get bored with afm or MB.

It is a personal choice, but For Home use I prefer pins with deeper codes and modes, IJ williams is probably the only one that fits those criterias...but its getting more expensive, almost fhe price of two pros for a really nice one. i have a indy but if the Brazilian market Would follow the same base price as the US . i would be tempted to sell it and get two pros

i

#19 40 days ago

Get a standard MBr. They are only 6k

#20 40 days ago

AFM remake/Met pro//TWD pro

#21 40 days ago

Remakes for the win

#22 40 days ago

In the $6k price range I would say GOTG as well. Can't go wrong with a MBR or AFMR classic edition either at that price. GOTG has a cool interactive toy that's also a physical ball lock, kick back mech towards player, single ball lock area and one magnet. Iron Maiden pro looks cool but there's literally not a single toy on the game, it's all loops and ramps. I also think the animations on GOTG are more appealing then the animations on Iron Maiden, many of which came from an existing Iron Maiden mobile game.

#23 40 days ago

I have not liked any Stern games since Spike but GotG pro seems like a nice pin that I wouldn't mind buying.

I will admit that AFM remake classic is a nice price (outstanding really) but that the SE/LE extra features like larger LCD and topper on the LE are worth the coinage (if you hav it). I believe you still need to pay $400 extra to colorize the CGC classic editions so (IMO) that's $6400 plus shipping. Still a hell of a great game (AFM) that I think it's the best game in my collection.

#24 40 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

In the $6k price range I would say GOTG as well. Can't go wrong with a MBR or AFMR classic edition either at that price. GOTG has a cool interactive toy that's also a physical ball lock, kick back mech towards player, single ball lock area and one magnet. Iron Maiden pro looks cool but there's literally not a single toy on the game, it's all loops and ramps. I also think the animations on GOTG are more appealing then the animations on Iron Maiden, many of which came from an existing Iron Maiden mobile game.

Same here, love Iron Maiden, lay out and flow were kept on the pro..... but cant buy a pin with zero toys. Same for star wars pro

#25 40 days ago

Stern pro for best bottom of the barrel deal. If you want a game that’s actually fun, probably the best bet is one of the CGC remakes. Or literally any System 11 game.

#26 40 days ago

Im thinken the best thing to do is go to Texas in a couple weeks to do some research

#27 40 days ago

I've bought at least 20 pins since met pro. Some of em were supposed to be the newest greatest thing since sliced bread. When the sun goes down at the end of the day met pro still shines the brightest for me. And to think I almost traded it when i got it cuz the code sucked way back then.

Met pro = pinball perfection imho.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 120.00
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 13.00
    $ 209.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside