(Topic ID: 66877)

NIB BBB Unboxed Tonight!! Expo for sale?

By badbilly27

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Buffpac5
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

space collection.JPG
ric-flair-blood.gif
spongebob.gif
ferris_ferrari[1].png
bbb5.JPG
bbb4.JPG
bbb2.JPG
bbb3.JPG
bbb1.JPG

There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 5 years ago

Wanna' trade for a restored MM?

spongebob.gif

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Going for that Kingpin on EBay eh?

nah. I'm crazy. Not Krazy.

Wanna' trade for a restored MM?

Already own my own beautiful MM.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

No worries. I'm still loving my BBB and the fact I own one. It was a along sought after pinball machine for my collection. Bought all the mods from another pinsider but haven't yet installed any. It really is like a work of art in your collection - such a great looking table.
Like any game, you grow tired and come back to it. I will say, I bought a cover for it and keep it covered when not playing. It makes me nervous if the kids have friends over and I'm not home - so I keep it covered. That's the only part not digging about it. The worry if something gets nicked - so I baby her.
Worth the experience to own one for awhile. Jump on in and join the club.

This is probably one of the most honest posts I've read. I know where you're coming from. When I setup my first pin my wife said the kids can play it anytime they want, right? I said hell yes, these are made to last in an arcade, they are built to take abuse.

After working on a flipper and making mods and realizing how delicate pins can be I started to cringe watching the kids play, and mentioned to the wife I don't want the kids playing if I'm not there. She said what about what you said before; if the kids can't play why do we have it? I realized I was being anal and the pin was supposed to be fun. When the 2 and 3 year old keep hitting the flipper I step in and nicely take over their hands. My 5 and 10 yr old play well and can play alone when I'm not there.

Basically, I learned to step back and let the family have fun. I would never be able to that with a pin that costs slightly less than my daily driver.

#154 5 years ago

Billy, listen up. You have what it takes to enjoy your game, you just don't know it yet. You have the cojones, trust me. Life is short. Just think about your own mortality and the price you would put on it (which is more expensive than BBB), and now realize how many hamburgers and french fries and beer you ingested. If you can damage your body like the rest of us, you can damage your BBB.

Just look at the bigger picture and realize that your going to die like everyone else, and when you're finally dead, I have a feeling that this machine will ironically still be working (seeing that it's not made of fragile flesh).

Muster the courage, it is the only way. 19 games is just too little.

If you need the money, then sell some of your other pins. From reading your posts I can sense that BBB is more important to you than all your Sterns combined. Am I wrong for thinking this? Isn't there a time in life to be bold? Because this is one of those times...

Or you can sell it now while the price is high and buy the cheaper remake next year, heheh

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

When the 2 and 3 year old keep hitting the flipper I step in and nicely take over their hands.

I've had to do the same thing to some of my adult guests.

#157 5 years ago

Correction. The game has 74 total plays on it. Gweem came over briefly today and we looked up in audits. Audit reports has a few categories, where 19 was displayed but the owner read it wrong.

#158 5 years ago

Some interested parties but nothing agreed yet. Expo visitors friendly bump so you know to bring cash.

#159 5 years ago

You sell that fuggin pin and its arm wrasslin time at Explosion.

ric-flair-blood.gif

#160 5 years ago

I don't know why I'm bumping this but.......bump for Expo goers as they stop at the bank for this upcoming week.

#161 5 years ago

Will this machine be available for play in the game hall or is it just for sale/delivery at expo?

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Will this machine be available for play in the game hall or is it just for sale/delivery at expo?

He is afraid to play it, so I would say "no"

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I live 10 minutes from expo. Unfortunately, the game won't be physically at Expo.

#164 5 years ago

Sweet game Bump!

#165 5 years ago

If I ever get lucky enough to own a BBB, you can be sure I'll be playing the Hell out of it. Depreciation be damned! Besides, I don't see why you couldn't play it and still keep it in great shape.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

If I ever get lucky enough to own a BBB, you can be sure I'll be playing the Hell out of it. Depreciation be damned! Besides, I don't see why you couldn't play it and still keep it in great shape.

All in my head. I had a pinsider over the other night to check out another game he was looking to buy. Never played a BBB. Let him get #75 on it. I didn't even play a game with him on it. Fun to watch someone play a BBB for the first time - but sincerely - all in my head. She needs a new home. I'm turning into Frodo

#167 5 years ago

That's a bummer. At least you can say you had one, I guess.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

but sincerely - all in my head.

I know a really good therapist for your problem. She uses a two by four.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

She uses a two by four.

#170 5 years ago

Jesus is a freaking pinball machine not a Picasso or some fine work of art. Play the game and enjoy it! That's what these things were built for.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I live 10 minutes from expo. Unfortunately, the game won't be physically at Expo.

Okay, just checking. I was thinking of bringing mine but no need if another was going to be there already. Like the others said, it's just a pinball machine.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I know a really good therapist for your problem. She uses a two by four.

I never knew my wife was a therapist on the side as well.

#173 5 years ago

Just play the thing!!

#174 5 years ago

Is it a machine to make you happy, smile and push the start button again? or is it a trophy that is surrounded by an invisible cage.....that is what my wife asked me when I bought my Cirqus Voltaire and wouldn't let anyone touch it let alone play it!

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Going for that Kingpin on EBay eh?

Yikes. You think he's distraught over BBB, what till someone like me comes over with a beer and Doritos fingers wanting ta play Kingpin.

I get BadBillys dilemma. I had some rare pins and I have three cats in the house. One time I had a pleasant surprise of cat puke from the head top to the pf glass I had to clean on a prototype SC. It was a domestic HUO , almost no plays. (9 iirc).

Took me 3 days to gently clean that shite. Cats are all outdoor animals now.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yikes. You think he's distraught over BBB, what till someone like me comes over with a beer and Doritos fingers wanting ta play Kingpin.
I get BadBillys dilemma. I had some rare pins and I have three cats in the house. One time I had a pleasant surprise of cat puke from the head top to the pf glass I had to clean on a prototype SC. It was a domestic HUO , almost no plays. (9 iirc).
Took me 3 days to gently clean that shite. Cats are all outdoor animals now.

cat puke on pinball machine = missing cat
LOL

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

cat puke on pinball machine = missing cat
LOL

As long as its on the glass, it can't be any worse than the beer/sweat/puke/drool that location games get Our cats dislike the games so no poblems here.

#178 5 years ago

The space collection.space collection.JPG

#179 5 years ago

Do you mean because they don't get played they're taking up space?

QSS

#180 5 years ago

There's only one thumbs up for the space collection picture.

That deserves another bump.

#181 5 years ago

Just shot you one. Though I may be biased lol

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

There's only one thumbs up for the space collection picture

I gave you one. Now play that damn BBB before you sell it.

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

There's only one thumbs up for the space collection picture.
That deserves another bump.

I gave you one, even though I still haven't made it to plan that BBB yet. Hopefully it's not sold too soon before I do.

#184 5 years ago

Ya know what pin would go perfect in that empty space collection spot?.... A Doctor Who!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside