(Topic ID: 66877)

NIB BBB Unboxed Tonight!! Expo for sale?

By badbilly27

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Buffpac5
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

space collection.JPG
ric-flair-blood.gif
spongebob.gif
ferris_ferrari[1].png
bbb5.JPG
bbb4.JPG
bbb2.JPG
bbb3.JPG
bbb1.JPG

There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 5 years ago

Unbelievable!! I quietly found a NIB BBB from a great seller and stand up guy. Worked with a few pinheads behind the scenes for advice (Rommy, Tekee, Marvin), help in personally transporting (Barrington, Trent), and moving into my basement and carefully unboxing tonight (Gweempose Nutshell). What an awesome experience - got my grail game!

The moment I took the razor blade to start the first cut in breaking her open, I paused. Took a deep breathe an said to Gweem and Nutshell "As soon as I do this I will depreciate this pin like a new car driving off the lot." To hell with it!! Let's play!!" It was surreal slowly opening the box and peaking in seeing that wonderful artwork, unopened manual and box of parts. As we progressed moments of "Oh crap it sat for years in this box what if.......". But every tear of the box was another wonderful surprise. This thing is pristine! Xmas memories when a child rushed through my head.

Amazingly we set it up and opened the playfield to ensure all cables were seated properly and if it survived well. Flawless. Backbox - Flawless. Turned it on - everything lit up. Capcom and Gene really knew how to build a game. First game - went to my daughter. I told my daughters about this game many times, the uniqueness, the rarity, the artwork, the fun. My one daughter asked if she could have the honor of playing the very first game - to be the first on something that meant so much to me so we remember it. Absofreakinlutely!! It was late but before we turned it on, I got my daughter (other daughter fell asleep otherwise it would have been a one flipper each first game) and we had the moment. Gweem videotaped it - I'm really happy.

This was a great moment. Don't want to sound like I'm bragging (ok deep down a little) but wanted to share an unboxing of a rare game. I thought I would have buyers remorse as soon as we unboxed it but no way. I've played it before and really enjoy the gameplay. It has amazing artwork, design, mechanics - complete sound, lighting and gameplay package. Very cool game. #117 you're home baby!!

bbb5.JPGbbb4.JPGbbb3.JPGbbb2.JPGbbb1.JPG

#2 5 years ago

Wow!! Insane! So jealous... Congrats!

#4 5 years ago

Sweet! Not many have had the experience of unboxing BBB. I probably would've stared at the box for days.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Wow!! Insane! So jealous... Congrats!

Thanks! So cool.

Let's just say - I paid same amount last two BBB sellers I spoke to wanted for an opened one. Terrific seller with integrity I might add.

#6 5 years ago

Wow, that's amazing. Congratulations. Worth bragging about.

#7 5 years ago

What an amazing find. Congratulations!!

#8 5 years ago

What an awesome and unbelievable find!!! Congrats.

#9 5 years ago

Very nice!!!

#10 5 years ago

Very cool......must of been tempting not to open it

#11 5 years ago

Awesome. Congrats! Glad you shared this.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Very cool......must of been tempting not to open it

I was very nervous. I did think, just put it in my back basement and sit on it for a year the way prices are going. Even thought of bringing to Expo in box and see what was offered. Tempting. But I realized, I wanted this pin so badly for so long - jump in and don't look back. Really happy I did.

#13 5 years ago

Wow, congrats man. Great to see it open and being enjoyed, and nice to see the passion of the hunt.

#14 5 years ago

Congrats

#15 5 years ago

Congrats! Glad to see one pop up locally.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Even thought of bringing to Expo in box and see what was offered.

Considering how long you've been looking for one and how many trades you were offering for it, that would have been pretty weird.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Considering how long you've been looking for one and how many trades you were offering for it, that would have been pretty weird.

Weird does describe me. But you're right - no way no how that was leaving my hands after the hunt I've had.

#18 5 years ago

Better buy a plastic protectors set for it.god forbid you break a plastic. Congrats. Its truly an amazing game.

#19 5 years ago

Very cool man . Congrats.

#20 5 years ago

A dream experience!!! Thanks for sharing...AWESOME!

#21 5 years ago

Amazing, absolutely a grail game. Awesome find.

#22 5 years ago

You lucky dog....congrats!

Now you have a HUO BBB box for sale.

#23 5 years ago

Congrats on the true holy grail of pinball.

#24 5 years ago

Wow awesome find Congrats!

#25 5 years ago

Wow! That's awesome. Congrats!

#26 5 years ago

Congrats, and enjoy the game.

#27 5 years ago

"don't want to sound like im bragging" Mate you have every reason to!!! congrats on getting your grail and sharing it with the little ones, that's totally awesome!!!!!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I was very nervous. I did think, just put it in my back basement and sit on it for a year the way prices are going. Even thought of bringing to Expo in box and see what was offered. Tempting. But I realized, I wanted this pin so badly for so long - jump in and don't look back. Really happy I did.

its no fun in the box!!!!!!

#29 5 years ago

nice 1 champ, Well done

#30 5 years ago

Congrats

#31 5 years ago

Very happy for you Bill! A good guy getting his grail

#32 5 years ago

A NIB BBB is more than a grail pin it is a holy sh## I can't believe it-so lucky pin(; Good Stuff. I let my friends who help me move my pins have first game and if not my daughter always gets dibs.

#33 5 years ago

Congrats Billy! It's such a cool game.

#34 5 years ago

Wow. That is cool. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see some more pics from under the pf backbox etc sometime.

#35 5 years ago

Congrats man.

#36 5 years ago

Great stuff my friend! I remember unboxing that sucker myself in 2007. Nothing like new-in-box-BBB-smell. Ha ha.

#37 5 years ago

a nice find and glad to see that you decided to open and enjoy it. have fun!

#38 5 years ago

Top notch!! Great looking pin... enjoy

#39 5 years ago

That is cool! Thanks for sharing!

#40 5 years ago

That's wonderful, congratulations, and I would say you have a right to brag a bit.

#41 5 years ago

Congrats on getting your grail Bill, I know you've been wanting one for so long. I ran into Gweem & Nutshell at expo last night right after they helped you unbox it and they were telling me the story. Btw that FH looks nice in the background on that one pic.

#42 5 years ago

Excellent. Screw letting the game rot in a box.

#43 5 years ago

Congrats on the score, but even moreso, giant kudos for taking the plunge and unboxing it. If you never take it out of the box, it's just parts and wires. It doesn't truly become a pinball machine until it's PLAYED.

Later,
EV

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Congrats on the score, but even moreso, giant kudos for taking the plunge and unboxing it. If you never take it out of the box, it's just parts and wires. It doesn't truly become a pinball machine until it's PLAYED.
/blockquote>

Second this! Glad to see someone have the balls to unbox and enjoy the game.

#45 5 years ago

Put the metal leg plates on and score the decals, I have friends with decal leg wrinkle on re pop BBB.

Congratulations .

#46 5 years ago

Congratulations Bill!

Question for everyone: I'm very new to pin collecting and I've seen the huge prices for BBB over the past couple of months and looked the game up here on pinside where it's listed that only 14 were made. But, just now went to the pin map, and count at least 40 registered owners and arcades. So, what is the actual # of these made? Thanks.

#47 5 years ago

Bill, you lucky dog! Congratulations. Please call me when you tire of it.

Tom

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

Question for everyone: I'm very new to pin collecting and I've seen the huge prices for BBB over the past couple of months and looked the game up here on pinside where it's listed that only 14 were made. But, just now went to the pin map, and count at least 40 registered owners and arcades. So, what is the actual # of these made? Thanks.

Never Mind! I did a little research and found the story: http://www.flippers.be/pinball/capcom/bigbangbar/bigbangbar.html The pinside machine entry for BBB should be updated.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

Congratulations Bill!

This is a NIB IPB BBB.

191 from IPB (Illinois Pinball), 14 from Capcom, 1 prototype from WMS.

http://www.flippers.be/pinball/capcom/bigbangbar/bigbangbar.html

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I would of been like a kid at Christmas coming down the stares to a new bike

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside