NIB Attack From Mars

By Rsbolen

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

This is my first machine. Bought it New in the box. The very first day the GI went out. I’ve been emailing back and forth with Chicago Gaming for nearly a month trying to fix it. They tried replacing the PIC. That didn’t work and now they want to replace the whole board. On top of that the drop target (force field) is stuck in the down position and the system says the switch is broken but the tech says it’s probably just another issue with the board. So my question is, is this normal for a new game? With Chicago Gaming?

#2 5 years ago

Not normal. They will make it right.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Rsbolen:

This is my first machine. Bought it New in the box. The very first day the GI went out. I’ve been emailing back and forth with Chicago Gaming for nearly a month trying to fix it. They tried replacing the PIC. That didn’t work and now they want to replace the whole board. On top of that the drop target (force field) is stuck in the down position and the system says the switch is broken but the tech says it’s probably just another issue with the board. So my question is, is this normal for a new game? With Chicago Gaming?

I would let them replace the whole board. On my MMr the main board failed within the first three hours of use. CGC replaced the PCB and haven't had a problem with that board since.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Rsbolen:

Not "normal" with either a new game or Chicago Gaming, but this stuff does happen on a very infrequent basis. There is nothing to suggest that you will not be taken care of, although it also occurred at the worst possible time as far as holidays.

#5 5 years ago

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Keep on them so this does not stretch into 6 months

#6 5 years ago

Of course it’s not normal, you think they’d sell thousands of these things if all of them were broken? However, manufacturing defects do happen and they will make it right. This probably wasn’t thread worthy IMO

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

This probably wasn’t thread worthy IMO

So a guy buys his first nib pin and a month later it's still not working and this is your comment. I beg to differ. I find it useful information and very thread worthy imho.
Click on your name, then click on forum activity, then click on topics started by wackybrakke, scroll through the first 15 topics and let me know how many of those are thread worthy. Nothing personal just one dick comment deserves another.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Of course it’s not normal, you think they’d sell thousands of these things if all of them were broken? However, manufacturing defects do happen and they will make it right. This probably wasn’t thread worthy IMO

No Kudo points for you mister! But you have admit he is Wacky for a reason!

#9 5 years ago

On a serious note... It really isn't if something happens but how it is handled. As long as the company is engaged in getting your game up and running the way it should be, then they are doing the best with an unforeseen unfortunate situation. Once that game is up and you are playing you will forget all about the stumble out of the gate!

#10 5 years ago

Apologies, I guess I did sound kinda snotty. It was early and I didn’t have any coffee yet. I hope your machine gets fixed

#11 5 years ago

Hi,

On the broken drop target, have you lifted the play field and looked for a disconnected /broken wire to the switch? I had that problem too. In my experience very few actual board problems cause the issues you are talking about , but infant mortality issues do occur on boards.

I would also look for loose connectors/broken wires for the GI as well.

good hunting

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Apologies, I guess I did sound kinda snotty. It was early and I didn’t have any coffee yet. I hope your machine gets fixed

Hold on now, we'll have none of that....I just sharpened my pitch fork, lit my torch, and gathered an angry mob.
It's all good alot of us wake up like that.
Hope the OP machine gets fixed soon, terrible thing to happen on a first purchase. Kudos to you OP as I'd probably be acting like an angry idiot if it were me.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Hold on now, we'll have none of that....I just sharpened my pitch fork, lit my torch, and gathered an angry mob.
It's all good alot of us wake up like that.
Hope the OP machine gets fixed soon, terrible thing to happen on a first purchase. Kudos to you OP as I'd probably be acting like an angry idiot if it were me.

You seem to be acting like an angry idiot, and you are not the op.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Sometimes others just dont get my n/e wrong side of the tracks humor.
Sorry I came off as sounding angry to you cuz I'm definitely not. Feel free to think I'm an idiot though it you'd like. Hopefully we can and make up as everyone else here did along time ago.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

He came off as neither. It’s all good.

#16 5 years ago

To be fair, most topics aren't thread worthy. Rarely does that stop anyone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 210.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 79.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-attack-from-mars?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.