image.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image2.jpeg
14e26c57c0f2cc3e01e3b4d69711fb421.jpg
kenmore.jpg
image2.jpg
There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Dude is happy with his game. Who cares if it was in the factory box if it was never played and put in a different cardboard box. It's not like he's going to be displaying the factory Williams box in his living room!

NIB 17 year old game that is a super A title is a big deal! He is the one that spouted NIB when in fact it may not be .

Some of us are into the hobby much more that freaking LEDS ! Get it .. Good .

If you are going to make a big claim and have crappy proof you had better be ready for someone to call you on it .

Jim

#52 12 years ago

Why is this such a big deal to you? And where exactly is all of this corrosion that you can see from the two photos?

#53 12 years ago

How about:
**OPEN BOX LIKE NEW CONDITION**

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

NIB 17 year old game that is a super A title is a big deal!

I'm with Jim on this one. I can see how this type of find would be very important to the high end collectors in this hobby. It's just not something that you see every day and it would be nice to know if it is indeed a NIB or if we are all being hoodwinked. A few more detailed pictures could easily put an end to this debate.

#55 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

And where exactly is all of this corrosion that you can see from the two photos?

Lock down receiver ..

I own some HUO low play games and I know what they look like,at least the ones I have .

Don't get me wrong guys, this game appears to be nice,NIB nice ? Not sure..

Jim

#56 12 years ago

It is a tough thing to prove one way or another unless you have solid documentation. As long as he is happy with it and after looking over thinks it is NIB that is all that really maters here unless he intends to sell it. It doesn't sound like he is to concerned with resell. That said, technically I would have to agree that the term NIB probably is not the right description for this item. Either way I think we can all agree it's a beautiful looking machine.

#57 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

It is a tough thing to prove one way or another unless you have solid documentation.

I agree, but that was kind of the point. There is no documentation. I was very skeptical when he first posted about getting a "NIB AFM" in another thread. A NIB AFM would be a very, very rare thing, and yes, not having it in the original box is a big deal to the high end collectors as it, more than anything else, documents that it is a true NIB AFM.

It may be a technicality, and it may not matter at all to him or others, but there are also those who would rightfully question whether it is technically a NIB AFM as it would matter *to them*. I think NIB has a very clear and distinct meaning.

Having said all that, it's obviously a great pin in super condition and he has a real prize on his hands. Nobody is denying that.

#58 12 years ago

The lockdown receiver looks perfect to me, from what can be seen in that shot.

#59 12 years ago

LOL @ everyone getting so worked up over if it is NIB or not

#60 12 years ago

Here a pic of the box from my NIB Baywatch that I picked up a few months back. (Sorry for the poor quality, I took the picture with my phone.)

baywatchnib.jpgbaywatchnib.jpg

#61 12 years ago

NIB 17 year old game that is a super A title is a big deal! He is the one that spouted NIB when in fact it may not be .

I don't think that the AFM is truly NIB.

You can see that the back of the backbox has been repainted with a black paint than has a different amount of gloss than the paint that is in the field of the screened lettering.

This is one of those things that you might miss in person, but becomes glaringly obvious when the contrast is highlighted by a digital camera. Same thing with classic cars that have been restored.

image2.jpgimage2.jpg

#62 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The lockdown receiver looks perfect to me, from what can be seen in that shot.

Look at the top of the receiver the lip that goes up towards the pf glass, you will see a different darker color the almost looks like a upside down mountain. That is corrosion .

D

Quoted from dnhayden:Here a pic of the box from my NIB Baywatch that I picked up a few months back. (Sorry for the poor quality, I took the picture with my phone.) []

Donovan you are killing me .. Nice work !

Jim

#63 12 years ago

I see what you are talking about, but I am not sure it isn't a shadow.

#64 12 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

ou can see that the back of the backbox has been repainted with a black paint than has a different amount of gloss than the paint that is in the field of the screened lettering.

That back box is hammered and I have seen some factory games with not so favorable back box text but that one is terrible ..

Sorry, call as I see it .

Jim

#65 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Look at the top of the receiver the lip that goes up towards the pf glass, you will see a different darker color the almost looks like a upside down mountain. That is corrosion.

Just because a game has corrosion doesn't automatically rule it out being NIB. It all depends how it was stored. It is my understanding that the NIB NGG that Pat Lawlor sold was rusted to sh*t!

#66 12 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I don't think that the AFM is truly NIB.

You can see that the back of the backbox has been repainted with a black paint than has a different amount of gloss than the paint that is in the field of the screened lettering.

This is one of those things that you might miss in person, but becomes glaringly obvious when the contrast is highlighted by a digital camera. Same thing with classic cars that have been restored.

Not trying to cause any trouble but this is pretty clear now that Vid1900 points this out: a NIB game simply wouldn't show this type of touch-up evidence.

You might want to present this evidence to the seller Wise_Guy.

Post some interior pics if you want them analyzed for more amo; but if you're happy, that's all that really matters.

#67 12 years ago

To be honest, who cares if it's NIB or not? I'm happy for WiseGuy for getting both AFM and MM.

#68 12 years ago

I don't think it matters if it's NIB or not to collectors.....he said it would be with him FOREVER! So nobody needs a history lesson on the machine but him.....case closed.

#69 12 years ago

Here is a shot of my BBB just for proof

kenmore.jpgkenmore.jpg

#70 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

smassa said:Dude is happy with his game. Who cares if it was in the factory box if it was never played and put in a different cardboard box. It's not like he's going to be displaying the factory Williams box in his living room!
Some of us are into the hobby much more that freaking LEDS ! Get it .. Good .
If you are going to make a big claim and have crappy proof you had better be ready for someone to call you on it .
Jim

Is he looking to sell it? What's it matter to anyone but him wether it was NI"factory"B or put back in a box after removing the batteries. I've had my share of NiB pins and these things don't always come out of the box in perfect shape.

Seems like all your trying to do is piss on his parade.

#71 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Seems like all your trying to do is piss on his parade.

I call it as I see it! Nothing more . Some people appreciate my opinions and some don't .

Jim

#72 12 years ago

I'm super glad he got those pins, that is one hell of a formidable lineup he has there.

Really, I'm glad!

He just probably should not have gotten everyone's hopes up that he had found a NIB AFM. This is everyone's dream to find, so it is disappointing to a great many of us to discover otherwise.

A real NIB AFM would need the batteries removed, the battery holder and board probably cleaned, all the rubber would probably have fallen off, corrosion would have to be cleaned off ... you would not just put the legs on and put it in your game room.

Take a look at what a real NIB game looks like after all those years:

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album209?page=4

#73 12 years ago

Guys, WTF, really? The guy spent a lot of coin and picked up some great games in wonderful condition, then he came on line to share his excitement, and you guys are doing your best to stick your fingers in his eyes. It sounds an awful lot like pin envy to me, because he obviously has a great collection and some of us are jealous. Give the guy a break instead of picking him apart. He probably regrets posting at all now, heck I wouldn't post such a thing now as a result of reading your attacks. Go outside into the sunshine and play with something besides video games for a while before conducting geek forensics on his photos.

#74 12 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Guys, WTF, really? The guy spent a lot of coin and picked up some great games in wonderful condition, then he came on line to share his excitement, and you guys are doing your best to stick your fingers in his eyes. It sounds an awful lot like pin envy to me, because he obviously has a great collection and some of us are jealous. Give the guy a break instead of picking him apart. He probably regrets posting at all now, heck I wouldn't post such a thing now as a result of reading your attacks. Go outside into the sunshine and play with something besides video games for a while before conducting geek forensics on his photos.

+27

#75 12 years ago

Look guys , I am happy the guy has got some awesome pins ! If he truly paid NIB prices for a ultra rare NIB AFM and it is not a NIB then I feel bad that someone may have taken advantage of him.

I do not think we will see anymore pictures so until something changes, I have said my peace.

Jim

#76 12 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Couldn't agree with you more. If he were trying to sell it that's one thing but this is clearly not the case. But to nit pick him to death over a cardboard box??? Wow that's pretty lame.

#77 12 years ago

I've been under the impression that wise_guy has a fairly unlimited budget for his game room. Proven by his photos of his home (which is amazing). I bet he did pay a fortune for these amazing games. I know the BBB was up for sale online in his neck of the woods. I would say if you got the money then have fun with it. If I had that kind of money I would buy as many HI-END pins as I could find. Good for him! At least we get to watch it unfold on pinside. It's cool to see to me at least.

#78 12 years ago

Congrats again, I know you will love them. 2 awesome games.

What this thread needs is a little NimblePin pic to lighten things up.

#79 12 years ago

OK, here we go. Time to be honest.
Does it piss me off that he has a mint BBB? Yep
Does it piss me off that he has a mint MM? Yep
Does it piss me off that he has a mint AFM? Yep
Does it piss me off that he has space for as many mint pins as he does? Absolutely
Does it piss me off to no end that he can get them in such a short time span? All the way to the point where I see red.
Do I feel he deserves all those more than I do? No way
LOL, it’s perfectly human to have these emotions. I typically refrain from these superficial attack threads but, I felt it was a good chance to make light of it.
But it is what it is, and he has the means to acquire them, I don’t. He may be wealthy but, still a fellow pinhead and that’s all a need to know about him. Just wish he lived close by and so I could become the guest that overstays his welcome.

Enjoy your pins Wise_Guy!

#80 12 years ago

Congrats on landing two great titles Wizeguy. Seriously.
Do I like the negativity. No. Unfortunately terms like NIB, NOS, Mint, etc.. have almost a legal definition with them. NIB pretty much means it came in its original packaging. I don't think he intentionally was trying to misguide us as it seems to me some people think. I think he chose the wrong word. In this case, NOS would have been a better description with what he got IMO. Well, at least I think we all hope that is what he got. If he actually received a somewhat restored pin when he payed for NIB then it was misrepresented and that sucks bad. Particularly considering the money that had to be involved. Unless he decides to post more pics, we will never know. In any case, it is between him and the seller. But he sounds like he is happy with it so, I guess the point is moot.

#81 12 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Enjoy your pins Wise_Guy!

+A MILLION....Play and enjoy the heck out of them!!

#82 12 years ago

Congrats on the pins.

#83 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Some people appreciate my opinions and some don't .

I don't

#84 12 years ago

Ignorant people usually don't ! It is all good

#85 12 years ago

Nice try!

#86 12 years ago

Problem is their are enough of us doing restorations and "old style" restorations stand out like sore thumbs! I agree that back box has been masked off!! Side rails with protective film? The side rails are new. Here is a picture of a AFM I screened today! Strange huh. Wise guy you may have been hot dogged by a seller. The HUO is over used!! Anyone that is going to make that claim today better have pics of the game when they opened it. I've purchased NIB and I've got pictures. I've got NIB games right now. Trust me they will remain in the box till the money changes hands. Have fun and enjoy the games. This back screen was done today on an AFM. NIB should be clean and NO shades of black. http://www.kickasspinball.com/backbox-warning-decal.html

<sub class="mdrtd">Post edited by Exejet : Added Link</sub>

#87 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Look guys , I am happy the guy has got some awesome pins ! If he truly paid NIB prices for a ultra rare NIB AFM and it is not a NIB then I feel bad that someone may have taken advantage of him.

Too late now Jim. Since you were the first to point out the "Elephant in the room", you must now face the consequences.

#88 12 years ago
Quoted from dnhayden:

Too late now Jim. Since you were the first to point out the "Elephant in the room", you must now face the consequences.

I was not the first to point it out . I just did not say it as nice as the others. Go back and read and you will see what I mean .

Jim

#89 12 years ago

"Elephant in the room"

BAM!

14e26c57c0f2cc3e01e3b4d69711fb421.jpg14e26c57c0f2cc3e01e3b4d69711fb421.jpg
Squash the beef and let's play some pinball!

#90 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Go back and read and you will see what I mean .

After re-reading, there were a few who were beating around the bush, but you definitely brought the "real" topic to the forefront(Not a bad thing). Getting one's ego stroked and reading fluff has it's place(Heck, I've enjoyed it once or twice here myself), but it's also nice when questions, opinions, and constructive criticism can be taken with a grain of salt and simple statements can be answered/observed without the inquisitor/poster being made out as a trouble maker. Just my two cents.

{OK, I've stepped down from my soapbox, time to go back and research how to fix my troubled Baywatch. }

#91 12 years ago

I like apples.

#92 12 years ago
Quoted from dnhayden:

Getting one's ego stroked and reading fluff has it's place(Heck, I've enjoyed it once or twice here myself), but it's also nice when questions, opinions, and constructive criticism can be taken with a grain of salt and simple statements can be answered/observed without the inquisitor/poster being made out as a trouble maker.

Exactly right.

This is supposed to be a pinball discussion forum, where people should be able inherently to disagree respectfully with logical points and counter points.

Or in the case of this thread, without resorting to name-calling--such as calling people jealous for offering their assistance to someone they felt might not have got what he paid for.

#93 12 years ago
Quoted from NM:

name-calling--such as calling people jealous for offering their assistance to someone they felt might not have got what he paid for.

You got that right!

I got a few emails calling me jealous; but why would I be jealous about 2 machines I already own?

#94 12 years ago

Wise Guy...AFM looks great!...may I ask what you paid? I, for one, would love to see more pix!

#95 12 years ago

First and foremost, congratulations on your latest purchase.

I have not visited this site in some time so I'm not picking sides. No I'm not a troll either, just been really busy as of late.

After reading the complete thread I think most people think Honda350 is making his point of view due to jealousy. I tend to disagree and think he is just given his honest point of view. Some think he is too rough with his choice of words, I think he's just not sugar coating things and just getting right to his point of view. I understand some folks might take offence to his views but with this hobby that we all love, I always try to listen with open ears especially is someone makes a valid point. Anyway take it for what its worth and keep plugging away. That is the point of these boards, if we all agreed all the time what would we even need these boards for.

Anyway, good to be back and congratulations on two great titles.

#96 12 years ago

The bottom line is that the game was presented to the forum as NIB. Therefore, it's logical to assume that Wise_Guy thinks he purchased a NIB game. If the photos indicate that in fact, it isn't a NIB game, I see nothing wrong with pointing that out. I don't think people are calling Wise_Guy a liar or accusing him of trying to deceive us. Some of the comments may have been construed that way, but I don't believe that was their intent. All I know is if I payed the kind of money that would be required to buy a NIB AFM, I'd sure as hell want to know if I had been duped.

#97 12 years ago

It looks like Wise Guy got Hot dogged by a seller. To bad!!! (Where is the box!) Restorations and NIB are 2 different animals! I'd rather have a restored game. Restorations done correctly fix all the problems a NIB game will have. ie: playfield wear. Better Clear Coat now days for sure. Bottom line is AFM is a title you want to grab! It's passing MM, less were produced also!! Play the shit out of AFM!!

#98 12 years ago

All I can say is WOW!!!

WOW....your line up is great.

WOW...on some of these NIB comments???

#99 12 years ago
Quoted from JDub1006:

WOW...on some of these NIB comments??? []

I agree the op should have never dropped the NIB on a AFM because it is not true !

Jim

#100 12 years ago

Jim-

I meant the comments on his NIB TAF were a little rough.

But then again I thought new and NIB were the same. I now know the difference. Still collector quality for a TAF is a RARE find.

Remember I’m just a collector...don't beat me up

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 21.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-afm-and-huo-mm-arrive-today/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.