7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20170401191600 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Xrated.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have narrowed down my purchase choice to either the ST Pro or the AS Pro. I know the ST is hard to find since its out of production, but I have been able to locate one for about the same price as the AS.

I think I would have alot fun with either machine, but on paper the the better value is the AS with the new LCD and sound. I know it boils down to personal preference, but what are some of the pros and cons of each machine? I figure whatever one I don't buy now I can always get later from HUO. What do you all think as a first NIB? What haven't I considered yet?

Thanks alot everyone's for the opinions. Hoping to buy either today or tomorrow.

#4 7 years ago

To add to the decision, which machine would be easier to come by in the future at a cheaper cost? HUO I would guess I would be looking for?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I''m voting ST. Not a fan of the AS theme, but I'd consider getting a premium instead. It's well worth the difference you will pay.

I would love to get a premium, but its just not in the budget so to speak.

#26 7 years ago

I want to thank everyone for their opinions. As a long time Star Trek fan I cant pass it up as the first machine I get.

I will also need to order protectors and the like. I cant seem to find any quality balls for the Pin. I check Pinball Life, but they seem to be out of stock. Should I replace or doing anything else to the machine (other than play it) when I get it?

Thanks again for all of the help. Im really excited to join the Pin ownership group LOL.

#30 7 years ago

I will keep an eye out for a Premium, but this is something I wanted to get in the next few days so I may be out of luck on that. I figured with a Pro I can slowly build the mods as funds allow.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Try titan pinball for shiny pinballs:
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=70
Get a shaker. It's awesome in ST.

I looked and those stated they could be magnetized. Will that be an issue with the ST?

#33 7 years ago

Something like this?

http://www.niftyled.com/standard-arcade-pinballs/

They only had two options. I would plan on buying a few sets.

#39 7 years ago

Well the Star Trek Pro is done and ordered. For my first Pin I wanted to go NIB. I didn't want to go overboard with the premium and couldn't afford NIB on that one anyway. Apparently I got the last one from MiPinballRefinery and they were fantastic to deal with at a good price. I also added on the shaker motor at a good price as well.

Ironically I have a 2010 Hallmark Enterprise that my wife wont allow on the tree so guess where thats going LOL.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback.

#41 7 years ago

I know there are others here that are fantastic as well. Steve and MiPinballRefinery was the first one that I called and he had it. Answered my questions and even threw in a set of nicer pinballs as well. I know that they dont cost alot, but its always the little things that make a difference when taking care of your customer.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Red DMD game?
Lol no way
Aerosmith!

Honestly one of the big reasons I was looking at the AS was because of the LCD. Im not a huge fan of the band and in the end felt I would like ST better , since I am somewhat of a fan. Maybe down the road I can get a machine with the LCD and content that I really like.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's using your head. Soooo many of us just buy a game cuz it's the newest and so few have it.

You hit the nail on the head. After thinking it through felt that I was getting really caught up in the newest machine with the LCD. Not saying its a bad machine at all.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

If you haven't seen the ST movies the pin was based on check them out.
Also if you saw them watch them again it was cool to catch the call outs.

Main reason that drew me to Star Trek is Im just a big Trekkie....Not full on, but enough to enjoy the shows and movies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Xrated.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-aerosmith-pro-or-star-trek-pro-purchase?tu=Xrated and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.