Star Trek is such a killer game, the warp ramp is a blast that keeps me coming back. But, the light show and flow on the PREM/LE is the way to go. You really need the whole experience on this title to appreciate it long term. And you should be able to get a HUO one for mid to low $4k.
That said, my vote goes to AS pro especially when comparing to ST PRO. It's a fun pin and has the better 'pro' package all around.
ST PRO pros:
- warp ramp
- fast with amazing flow
- great sound package. Lots of call outs, sounds, and music
ST pro cons:
- code progression: from start to finish its pretty much one or two layers of momentum. The progression and advancement takes a long time to get through.
- light show and vuk flow missing from the le/PREM
- vengeance and punch it button could have been integrated better
AS PRO pros:
-one more game factor
- great all around package
AS PRO cons:
- not sure if this is a con: but everything about the game (except LCD) is copy+paste from some other pin. Artwork and layout is a kiss/met hybrid. Code is ST, TF, MUST hybrid. But it does all work together in one package.
- long term last ability is still an unknown as its so new.
- fast game that slows down due to code a prolonged animation scenes.
- don't expect rules/code to mature much more than it already is; but that's not necessarily a bad thing cause the code is good as is.