(Topic ID: 36121)

NIB Delivery Advice Needed

By MrWizzo

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Expecting the delivery of a NIB Tron Pro in the next week or two. I believe it is being shipped to Va from the warehouse. The recent thread about R&L deforming one guy's Hulk has me concerned of course.

Here's my quandry. I am buying it as a gift and have intended to keep it unopened until it is given. It could be several months or more before this happens.

Do I risk being stuck with damage or malfunction if I do not open it up and inspect it thoroughly immediately upon receipt? If the box shows no major crunching or tearing or perforating from the lift, would this mean delivery is fine and any possible issues more warranty?

Any advice from the wealth of experience everyone has on receiving delivery of a NIB would be really appreciated. I have had three games delivered through Michelle Bianchi, but this is the first NIB. Thanks in advance.

Dan

#2 11 years ago

Open it
    Plug it in
    Turn it off
    Pack it up

This = still NIB & you protected your nuts from the various pinball gremlins

#3 11 years ago

Occam's razor is alway a good place to start. Which of your pins did you buy NIB?

Dan

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Expecting the delivery of a NIB Tron Pro in the next week or two. I believe it is being shipped to Va from the warehouse. The recent thread about R&L deforming one guy's Hulk has me concerned of course.
    Here's my quandry. I am buying it as a gift and have intended to keep it unopened until it is given. It could be several months or more before this happens.
    Do I risk being stuck with damage or malfunction if I do not open it up and inspect it thoroughly immediately upon receipt? If the box shows no major crunching or tearing or perforating from the lift, would this mean delivery is fine and any possible issues more warranty?
    Any advice from the wealth of experience everyone has on receiving delivery of a NIB would be really appreciated. I have had three games delivered through Michelle Bianchi, but this is the first NIB. Thanks in advance.
    Dan

This is what I send to my customers

As Always with Freight I like to remind my customers to look over the box and make sure there is no damage to the packaging BEFORE you sign the Bill Of lading accepting it. If there is any damage, I recommend you unbox and inspect the machine before you sign, fright companies are a absolute nightmare if you sign and there is damage and it hasn't been noted on the Bill Of Lading.

If you Have any questions don't hesitate to give me a call or shot me an email. I think you will love your new pinball!

Please let me know how I can be of service In the future.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

This is what I send to my customers

As Always with Freight I like to remind my customers to look over the box and make sure there is no damage to the packaging BEFORE you sign the Bill Of lading accepting it. If there is any damage, I recommend you unbox and inspect the machine before you sign, fright companies are a absolute nightmare if you sign and there is damage and it hasn't been noted on the Bill Of Lading.

If you Have any questions don't hesitate to give me a call or shot me an email. I think you will love your new pinball!

Please let me know how I can be of service In the future.

JJ:

Thanks for reaching out especially since I tried to do a deal but couldn't agree on the number with you guys. I have to compliment you for doing so, and this is another reason so many of my friends here in Va referred me to you. It speak volumes in my opinion about how you do business. I hope we can do something on my next purchase.

You confirmed what I was thinking, but you always want to hear it from someone more experienced.

Dan

#6 11 years ago

We see a lot of crap here on Pinside, but a thread like this where two of our best contributors discuss solutions is what Pinside is all about. Sometimes we need to be reminded of how great it is here when the trolls are creating noise in so many other threads.

#8 11 years ago

Always assume that the shipping company employees have completely ignored the big "DO NOT TRUCK FROM THIS SIDE" printed on the box.

Happened a month ago when my game arrived at the house and was about to be wheeled off the truck.

Open, inspect, repackage. It's really the only way to be sure.

-Cyan

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

JJ:
    Thanks for reaching out especially since I tried to do a deal but couldn't agree on the number with you guys. I have to compliment you for doing so, and this is another reason so many of my friends here in Va referred me to you. It speak volumes in my opinion about how you do business. I hope we can do something on my next purchase.
    You confirmed what I was thinking, but you always want to hear it from someone more experienced.
    Dan

I might be a salesmen but I also love the pinball community so I'm always happy to help.. If you guys ever have questions on Freight claims and such let me know.. I sadly have way to much experience with them.

A couple of Recommendations incase you get a pinball and you find damage to the box to keep going on my earlier post...

If you see any Box Damage, Either cut away the box from that area and look (if just a ding in the box) OR incase of a larger hole or drop damage evidence Unbox the whole game BEFORE you sign before the driver leaves..

ALWAYS KEEP YOUR PACKING MATERIALS (BOX, FOAM........) if you have damage.. They love to deny claim because (Packing materials not available for inspection)

They will Stall the Process 60-90 days in hopes you will forget.. We try and check in every 10-14 days so they know we haven't forgotten.

If you get a Clearly Damaged Machine, Call your distributorship before you Sign for it, they may recommend you refuse the shipment and ship you a new one. (This is normally only done if BADLY damaged beyond on site repair)

Don't Ever let the driver push you to Sign the bill of lading because hes in a hurry and dosn't have time to wait for you to inspect.. Its his job to wait to make sure you are satisfied with the quality of the shipment.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

I might be a salesmen but I also love the pinball community so I'm always happy to help..

Jim:

I have been in a sales/consulting role for close to 30 years from what some would consider low level (car business) to what some would consider high level (building international offices of major law firms).

You seem to epitomize the real character of a true salesman who know that service is the key to sales and that the sale is almost secondary to long term success. Nothing wrong with sales as long as one has the correct order of priorities, and you clearly have that.

Thanks again for the additional advice.

Dan

#11 11 years ago

No wonder so many folks buy from Gex.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-advice-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.