(Topic ID: 51392)

NIB AC/DC & Metallica: What to buy before playing?

By kid_ego

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC09038.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Just ordered a NIB Metallica Pro and AC/DC Premium.

What do I need to order to protect things before playing for the first time?

Not interested in mods (yet) or toppers or anything like that. Just curious what kind of stuff to add to protect my first 'new' pins.

#2 10 years ago

LEDs from Pinballbulbs.com for the Metallica pro

That aside, for protection the clear flipper button covers on stern games are really nice. I am not 100% sure if these games come with the larger side rails that cover flippers. I think AC/DC premium might.

Also get start button clear protector as well!

http://www.amazon.com/Flipper-Button-Guard-Cabinet-Protector/dp/B0090816QU - found a set on amazon with quick search

#3 10 years ago

New speakers and sub for Metallica, thats all I got planned for mine so far.

Maybe a mantis style protector for the scoop hole...

#4 10 years ago

I would recommend getting the shooter lane protector that goes by the ball trough exit as a must have on all Sterns.

DSC09038.JPGDSC09038.JPG

#5 10 years ago

Try our headphone jack for acdc...we had it at Allentown in acdc bib, game was a big hit... Game was made for this kit.
Check out the site
Pinnovators.com
Email me if you have any questions
Thanks,
Lorenzo

#6 10 years ago

Lol lots of shameless plugs.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I would recommend getting the shooter lane protector that goes by the ball trough exit as a must have on all Sterns.

where can i get these?

i am not an audiophile but i like decent sound. i have the acdc and metallica premiums coming, i have 2 infinity subs that will be used for these machines. do i need to upgrade my speakers or will this suffice?

i have the FF speakers and sub in my sttng and is ok but just using a good external sub on my tspp without the speaker upgrade isn't too bad either.

advice appreciated on my plan of attack. thanks

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

where can i get these?
i am not an audiophile but i like decent sound. i have the acdc and metallica premiums coming, i have 2 infinity subs that will be used for these machines. do i need to upgrade my speakers or will this suffice?
i have the FF speakers and sub in my sttng and is ok but just using a good external sub on my tspp without the speaker upgrade isn't too bad either.
advice appreciated on my plan of attack. thanks

I got my shooter lane protector from www.pinballlife.com

If you are hooking up an external sub you are good to go! I piggybacked off my inner cab sub to that Polk sub woof, its awesome!

#10 10 years ago

Buy some decent balls. Don't use the ones that they come with. Those things are terribad.(tm)

#11 10 years ago

For Metallica I agree with Centerflank for sure on the shooterlane protector from pinballlife.
I installed it before even playing the first game. Along with Mylar circle protectors on both magnets, and Mylar rollover protectors where the ball drops from the habitail.s Also installed Flipper Fidelity sub, LED's(Almost all are 555's including GI), and I have ordered the mystery scoop protector and shaker motor.

#12 10 years ago

Cliffy protectors for eject and lane also look for the jukebox and bell eject protectors for ACDC. A fellow pinsiders was taking orders last week.

Sub is a must. On ACDC gives a nice boost to the shaker. Premium doesnt come with a shaker so you might want to look into that. Lyman's code is using the shaker a lot.

Sub is really a must I connected 5 speakers to my Avengers with a 15 inches sub. Neibors know when Hulk is angry hahahaha

#13 10 years ago

McCune for the jukebox and bell

Pinball life for the Cliffy's

#14 10 years ago

So, strong purchase, hope for you you've got vacations coming. You won't sleep much nor will anybody if you upgrade your sound system.

#15 10 years ago

Leg protectors! Where the legs meet the cab. On a new cab.. I would go for the felt kind.. not the hard plastic

#16 10 years ago

thanks guys awesome advice. got two polk 10" subs on order, have the oooh so shiny balls! ordered the pin protectors for the 2 holes in acdc and the one hole in metallica. ordered the cannon mod and the 3d acdc premium topper. need mylar and the shooter lane protectors.

have one shaker on order will get a second and maybe 2 sheets of invisiglass and i am good for a while.

waiting on a 3d version of metallica topper from laserrific and i should be good.

many thanks guys!

#17 10 years ago

Mirror blades!

#18 10 years ago

Just add new shiny balls.

You don't need leg protectors, the new Sterns come with them already.

Just add shiny balls and go hard.

rd.

#19 10 years ago

Looks like I'll be taking a trip down to PinballLife in the next week or so (didn't realize there was a place within 30mins of me that carries some of the stuff mentioned here).

Thanks to all for all the great advice!

#20 10 years ago

You're lucky. Every time I go to buy something small from pinball life the shipping is more than the total cost of my order. That kind of thing makes me want to drop kick a toddler.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

You're lucky. Every time I go to buy something small from pinball life the shipping is more than the total cost of my order. That kind of thing makes me want to drop kick a toddler.

Maybe avoid daycare centers or tball games on days you place those orders. Just sayin'.

#22 10 years ago

kid_ego good luck with your games!, hope i didn't hijack your thread. i was just tying together the things i need as well. nice coincidence

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

kid_ego good luck with your games!, hope i didn't hijack your thread. i was just tying together the things i need as well. nice coincidence

No worries, Vex. It helped *bump* the thread a couple times.

Good luck with your purchase as well!

#24 10 years ago

Skip the mylar for the magnets; just make sure they're level with the playfield and then use a few coats of really good wax, e.g.:

http://www.amazon.com/One-Grand-Blitz-Carnauba-Wax/dp/B0009KMH20

#25 10 years ago

Congrats!!
How about nothing.. Why does everyone feel they need to spend hundreds In mods to a game before u play a couple games. The pin is ready to go when u pull it out of the box and plug it in.. Ok maybe code update at most..

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

How about nothing.. Why does everyone feel they need to spend hundreds In mods to a game before u play a couple games. The pin is ready to go when u pull it out of the box and plug it in.. Ok maybe code update at most..

AMEN! except the balls really are junk they ship with.

#27 10 years ago

Really not looking for mods.

More interested in the things that'll protect vulnerable spots, or at least that's the way I feel after spending time in these forums the past few weeks.

I feel like if I don't get cliffys and other things on them immediately, really bad things will happen. But I don't know if my wife and kids will wait around for me to install the stuff before playing them on the day they arrive.

And I will pick up balls for all my pins when I head down to PinballLife in Huntley in the next few days.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

LEDs from Pinballbulbs.com for the Metallica pro
That aside, for protection the clear flipper button covers on stern games are really nice. I am not 100% sure if these games come with the larger side rails that cover flippers. I think AC/DC premium might.
Also get start button clear protector as well!
http://www.amazon.com/Flipper-Button-Guard-Cabinet-Protector/dp/B0090816QU - found a set on amazon with quick search

The AC/DC Premium does have side rails that cover the flippers.

#29 10 years ago

Congrats on the new games. I put up a similar thread a few weeks ago for AC/DC.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-acdc-premium-2

#30 10 years ago

Whats the difference in the balls that come with the games, and upgraded pin balls??

#31 10 years ago

With Stern, the only thing you have to buy before playing is the whoLE machine.

#32 10 years ago

Diapers will help so you dont have to leave.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Whats the difference in the balls that come with the games, and upgraded pin balls??

They are really shitty and full of pits. quality balls are smooth and super shiny and make you say..ooooh shiny.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

They are really shitty and full of pits. quality balls are smooth and super shiny and make you say..ooooh shiny.

Copy, thanks man it makes sense...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 149.00
16,500 (Firm)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-acdc-metallica-what-to-buy-before-playing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.