Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-2.jpeg
SM_3.jpg
SM_box_2.jpg
LG.jpg
SM_NIB.JPG
Auction_10-09_5.jpg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

Avatar LE just sold on pinside for $5100. Pynball has a combo TF LE for $5700. Trent at tilt had a SM for $6k, might still be one out there but he is out. Tron LE is out of the price range. Maybe AC/DC premium, but I don't want to feel like I am missing something. What would you get? has to be NIB and available somewhere.

#2 12 years ago

If you can find a NIB SM that's what I would go for. Otherwise maybe a NIB POTC if one is still out there? Not sure what these go for if they're still around.

#3 12 years ago

6K for NIB SM to me feels high.
6K for TFLE is an alright price.

#4 12 years ago

Personally, I'd add $500 and order a standard WOZ. There will be a bit of a wait, though.

#5 12 years ago

I agree with jarjar go with Spiderman. A shame you can't find a Tron. played a pro at Disney and it is a blast. Really surprised me how much I liked it. I would love to see and play an LE. Good luck!

#6 12 years ago

Avatar LE Is doable, TFLE is doable Delivered, Rolling Stones LE, Tron Pro with money left over for mods

AC/DC Pro.. AC/DC Prem is unlikely at 6k

#7 12 years ago

It's a Shame I didn't buy this 07 SM for $ 2250.00

Auction_10-09_5.jpgAuction_10-09_5.jpg

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Stings, doesn't it?

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

That is one of the worst calls I have seen in a very long time on these boards.

#11 12 years ago

If you can find a AC/DC LTBRLE NIB, I think that would be a good choice.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from skooter710:

Have a NIB TF Decepticon

You mean "you" have one for sale? sorry to be dense.

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

This stings me...

Quoted from Gexchange:

TFLE is doable Delivered

Was hoping you would chime in .

Quoted from HighProtein:

To me also, but I can't seem to find any tonight even for that price...Great American implies they do with the Blue Spiderman thing. But that's $7500.

Can't find that or The Sopranos still NIB anywhere.

Quoted from txstargazer3:

Personally, I'd add $500 and order a standard WOZ

I ordered the ECLE. But I want a recent pin from when I finally got into the hobby NIB for this thread. So basically Stern is all there is.

#13 12 years ago

There are plenty of HUO Sterns out there that are literally better than NIB. For example, I just committed to buying a SM for $4800 that has a pant load of mods and 200 plays. The only difference between NIB and that is I don't have to wait a week for the mods to arrive and install myself, and I don't have trash to take to the curb. Think about it.

#14 12 years ago

You can't find a NIB SM for 6k....Trent's SM wasn't NIB per him...

TFLE price is going down and down.....and below 6k, I saw one for 5700

Hey Jar, what's the inside word on Jpop's pins!

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I would pay $6K for a NIB SM long before I would pay $6K for a NIB TF:LE.

#16 12 years ago

It's sad,
NIB SM's this time last year were under $4300...

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

HighProtein said:6K for NIB SM to me feels high.
I would pay $6K for a NIB SM long before I would pay $6K for a NIB TF:LE.

Exactly

#18 12 years ago

Just curious why does it "have to be NIB"? Many great options out there for 6k that arent NIB.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

There are plenty of HUO Sterns out there that are literally better than NIB. For example, I just committed to buying a SM for $4800 that has a pant load of mods and 200 plays. The only difference between NIB and that is I don't have to wait a week for the mods to arrive and install myself, and I don't have trash to take to the curb. Think about it.

And you don't have to troubleshoot what the factory missed on final inspection either!

#20 12 years ago

Going from your list NIB SM for 6K without a doubt.

Quoted from HighProtein:

I don't think many are out there right now. 6K seemed like a pretty fair price to me.

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I can't believe you passed that one up B_R!

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

rommy said:has to be NIB
Just curious why does it "have to be NIB"? Many great options out there for 6k that arent NIB.

Seriously. Get TZ and be done with it.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Attachments Auction_10-09_5.jpg (352.3 KB, 0 downloads) 12 hours old

Damn!

#23 12 years ago

Like this Gambit...from today
Spiderman, 2007 Stern: 5100
Selling my HUO very low play stern spiderman. The machine is flawless and still has the goodie bag attached. Mods include shaker motor, back alley creations complete building set, matt mckee sm topper, pinbits protectors, pinbits sling webbing, full led's with pbl no ghost in the inserts.

Makes me think...

Quoted from smassa:

Just curious why does it "have to be NIB"?

Never had one except for BBB. I just want one NIB Stern from this time. So I can say I have one if nothing else. I don't want to look back on 2012 and smack myself for not getting at least one Stern. I mean really why not? ok ok, see above SM lol.

Quoted from TheStranger:

Seriously. Get TZ and be done with it.

I love TZ to play, but cannot stand the sound the clock makes. It is like fingernails on chalk board to me. Same with Dr Who , I like it but the daleks kill it for me. Or I would have both eventually.

#24 12 years ago

This isn't a put down to anyone at all but TF:LE (any of them) doesn't seem to be selling as well as some of the other LE's. Tron LE and AC/DC LE's were sold out from SUPPLIERS (not just Stern) before they were even released. Not as much interest in TF:LE it seems.. hopefully the next software release changes things -- as it stands, I'm not a huge fan of the game.. and I *LOVE* Transformers (not so much Bayformers, mind you)

#25 12 years ago

Please, can we stop singing the "Stern wait for the software song"!!?!!?This has been sung about every game they make for about 6 years now.Software is not going to save TF.It is what it is.The only game that became a legit A title after software updates is SM.Hope you find a NIB one for your collection.Scott

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

gambit3113 said:Think about it.
Like this Gambit...from today
spiderman, 2007 Stern: 5100
Selling my HUO very low play stern spiderman. The machine is flawless and still has the goodie bag attached. Mods include shaker motor, back alley creations complete building set, matt mckee sm topper, pinbits protectors, pinbits sling webbing, full led's with pbl no ghost in the inserts.

That's a good deal considering the mods you get.. I'd say go for that. Probably still has that NIB smell, which is all you need really.

#27 12 years ago

here are 2 nib sm - ebay.com link: ws

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Attachments Auction_10-09_5.jpg (352.3 KB, 0 downloads) 13 hours old

Cheap.

#29 12 years ago

That one on Mr. Pinball this morning is the one I am buying. Just transferred the $$$. He had already listed it to start running today.

#30 12 years ago

You can't find a NIB SM for 6k....Trent's SM wasn't NIB per him...
TFLE price is going down and down.....and below 6k, I saw one for 5700
Hey Jar, what's the inside word on Jpop's pins!

Since I am the one that bought the NIB SM from Trent two weeks ago, I'd like to know what your are implying.

SM_NIB.JPGSM_NIB.JPG

#31 12 years ago

You can disable the clock in TZ under software options. It's not really needed to play the game.

I love TZ to play, but cannot stand the sound the clock makes. It is like fingernails on chalk board to me. Same with Dr Who , I like it but the daleks kill it for me. Or I would have both eventually.

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I love TZ to play, but cannot stand the sound the clock makes ...

I have read that you can lubricate the gears and make it way quieter. Not sure what kind of lubricant you should use, though.

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Since I am the one that bought the NIB SM from Trent two weeks ago, I'd like to know what your are implying.

Then he got one in because when I called looking for one the one he had was HUO with low play and not NIB or I would have bought it myself! But I'm happy with the one I ended up with

Congrats, a great game...

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That one on Mr. Pinball this morning is the one I am buying. Just transferred the $$$. He had already listed it to start running today.

Great game Gambit! Is that the one a guy on here was selling last week for $4800? Just curious because the description and mods sound the same....

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That one on Mr. Pinball this morning is the one I am buying

Crap. Should have known, sounded like a carbon copy of what you described.

#36 12 years ago

Since I am the one that bought the NIB SM

Nice score ninja! Enjoy it!

LG.jpgLG.jpg

#37 12 years ago

ninjabones said:Since I am the one that bought the NIB SM from Trent two weeks ago, I'd like to know what your are implying.
Then he got one in because when I called looking for one the one he had was HUO with low play and not NIB or I would have bought it myself! But I'm happy with the one I ended up with
Congrats, a great game...

Just trying to clarify... as it would have been the dupe of the century if my SM was not a true NIB machine. The game is awesome. Very happy with the purchase. With the shaker and external sub, the thing just rocks. Great flow, nice depth... I just totally suck at it still (only been about a week in my house). Best score so far is only 132M.

SM_box_2.jpgSM_box_2.jpg
SM_3.jpgSM_3.jpg

#38 12 years ago

Ninjabones, we have the exact same setup minus the little girl mod on the Spidey.

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Great game Gambit! Is that the one a guy on here was selling last week for $4800? Just curious because the description and mods sound the same....

That is the same one. But I just hit a snag. Michelle quoted me nearly $500 to ship due to high gas prices, so I got a quote from Pilot Air on a hub-to-hub transfer with insurance. Great deal, and seller would deliver to the Pilot Air hub a few miles from him. I go put in the wire transfer this morning, and get back to the office and call up Pilot Air to confirm the quote I got yesterday. Gave them the reference number and said I wanted to book it. That's when he tells me that I shouldn't have been quoted additional insurance yesterday, and that they wouldn't stand by the quote. They will only offer me the standard freight insurance of cents on the pound.

I am super pissed at Pilot Air. Tried to rattle the cage at corporate, and they could not care less. I am not going to pay $500 shipping. Grrrr......

#40 12 years ago

"Sooooo ninja,
You gonna keep 'dem pins in the sunlight???"

images-2.jpegimages-2.jpeg

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

"Sooooo ninja,
You gonna keep 'dem pins in the sunlight???"

Good question... Blinds are being installed this week. I've been throwing blankets over both pins during the daylight ours.

#42 12 years ago

Good call, reds fade quick

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Good call, reds fade quick

Indeed it does, cover those bad boys up from head to toe keep them looking great!!

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I am not going to pay $500 shipping. Grrrr......

I will. Really seems to be the norm so far on 5 pins with the exception of the two that came from same source so got a deal. Totally sucks to have to add 10% to the cost of that pin with ZERO benefit, truly toilet money. But your Pilot air situation is a total hoser, they should stand by their quote.

Quoted from ctozzi:

the little girl mod on the Spidey

Great mod! The smiley for spidey.

#45 12 years ago

$400 is the most I have ever payed, and that was to get MM here from the Great White North, with more than twice the insurance that is on this quote.

#46 12 years ago

http://familygsale.com/page15.php To protect your machine(s) from sunlight. I like Spiderman it's a fun good flowing game!

#47 12 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I will. Really seems to be the norm so far on 5 pins with the exception of the two that came from same source so got a deal. Totally sucks to have to add 10% to the cost of that pin with ZERO benefit, truly toilet money. But your Pilot air situation is a total hoser, they should stand by their quote.

Well, I finally got at least an apology, but the issue is that their insurance comes from a 3rd party company. So it isn't Pilot Air's call. They tried to talk me into just having it wrapped up good and sent on, but eff that noise. Not gambling on an 1800 mile trek. Just sucked it up and called Michelle to schedule delivery. SM is still coming.

#48 12 years ago

Good decision, Gambit. Sometimes you just have to take the pain to avoid hurting yourself even more in the long run. Well played.

#49 12 years ago

Insurance is weird. Hate it till you need it then it is all love.

#50 12 years ago

Yeah, I started to just hold onto the cash and head to the TPf this weekend in search of something, but knew I would end up regretting passing on this SM.

This thing is going to be the first I am going to have armor powder coated. Guess I will go for the blue? Any other thoughts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-6k-budget-whats-left and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.