14 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by Brokedad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 14 years ago

I'm waiting to hear back from David who designed/supports the board. Apparently since it was never in high demand there wasn't a manual or schematic published. Perhaps he will provide me with one. I have two LED's stuck on .. E3 and E4 .. I'm waiting to hear from him what they go to and indicate. Yes I know I could spend alot of time tracing.

If I get any info back or a schematic etc I will share it here. He seems sincere about helping. I imagine the driver board unlike the CPU was just not in high demand and only a single batch or so were made. It is nice it has multiple LED's to indicate problems. Now if I just knew what each one meant/went to.

#2 14 years ago

I'm surprised they dont have a web page with some kind of F.A.Q.
    or other info for the DIY pinballer, I found the same BS/frustration with Pinscore no tech. page on the web site or the very least a piece of paper with directions on it.
    And they call it the -'Information Super Highway' bah hum bug I say

#3 14 years ago

I'm sure I'll hear back in a day or so after he has time to research. You can't expect him to respond asap. I'm amazed he even has responded on his products so quickly on weekends to me. He's always been very cooperative in the past with the CPU board support so let's give him that.

Patience is a virtue they say. Screaming , yelling, complaining, swearing, etc get you nowhere even with any big company.

I'm sure it's something simple I can't find again now on the Torch that has gone bad. It's these "simple" machines that drive you out of your mind to troubleshoot it seems.

#4 14 years ago

Yeah you got that right -

#5 14 years ago

Could this link help you ? There is a schematic , and Troubleshooting part.
    Hope so.

http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/manuals/niwumpf.pdf

#6 14 years ago

Thanks lb45 but that's for the CPU board not the Driver board.

I heard back from David at Ni-Wumpf and the lights indicate the absence of the 3rd and 4th coin slots so they should be lit continuously. So it's back to square one again. I think this Torch machine is cursed or maybe in the future I will stay away from Gottlieb System 1 machines as well as EM's... pfffft

#7 14 years ago

I'm beginning to think it's not either the driver board or the CPU board but something still on the playfield. David at Ni-Wumpf has been very helpful about what signals etc on what chip pin etc etc to check. When I put the ball in the trough the signal at U15 pin 39 only drops from 5.12 volts to 4.49 volts .. it should drop to near zero. If I manually tie the pin (while lifted off the socket I added) to ground via a 2K dropping resistor I can get the machine to respond.

Just FYI he's offered to check the board for me for free if I want to send it in and only charge if it's actually broken.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ni_wumpf-driver-board-gottlieb-system-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.