(Topic ID: 293408)

Ni-Wumpf System 80 Help

By MaxAsh

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hey All - I have a separate post going about a James Bond I'm trying to finish getting up and running. It's close. But I had a specific question about the Ni-Wumpf board I added to it, so I'm hoping someone familiar with it might be able to offer some advice.

I'm a little unclear on how to properly use the semi-rudimentary computer interface that's included. I hooked it up to a laptop and launched the test window, but haven't had much luck with figuring out how to test anything. The instructions weren't very clear (to me), so I could use a walkthrough if anyone is familiar.

I've figured out that if I have it hooked up via USB and boot the game, I can get it to say "Board Online". That's about as far as I can get in terms of figuring out the testing correctly. I thought perhaps if I hit a switch on the playfield, I would see a corresponding trigger on the UI/Window. Not seeing much though. Are there specific settings I need to change it to? Or does the game need to be in a certain state?

Any general guidance would be welcome! Thanks

#2 2 years ago

Contact David Humphrey at Niwumpf. Great guy. I am sure he will walk you through it.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

Contact David Humphrey at Niwumpf. Great guy. I am sure he will walk you through it.

Okay, I'll give that a try. Figured I would check here first, but if he's willing to jump in and help, that would be great. Thanks!

#4 2 years ago

StratDoc I would upvote your post a second time if I could. Dave (Ace) was great. Very responsive, and helped walk me through some stuff. It turned out my board had been incorrectly programmed for a different game, which was causing it to act strangely (but still partially work). I'm on the right track now, so it's back to working out the more normal bugs! Thanks again.

5 months later
#5 2 years ago

Hi does anyone know if David from Ni-wumpf is still in business? His site is down.

#6 2 years ago

That is a darn shame if the case. Not many folks left making aftermarket boards.

#7 2 years ago

Just bought a Ni-Wumpf System 80 CPU from Nitro Pinball to upgrade my original MPU in my Volcano pinball. This may be a silly question, but someone enlighten me on how to select a game? I thought the games were preprogrammed, like the Rottendog boards, but l did not see any dip switches on the Ni-Wumpf board. There is nothing mentioned in the manual as well. Any help would be appreciated.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackghost4:

Hi does anyone know if David from Ni-wumpf is still in business? His site is down.

David emailed me saying that his hydro was down since Tuesday due to a storm.
So he is still in business.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Snowtrooper:

Just bought a Ni-Wumpf System 80 CPU from Nitro Pinball to upgrade my original MPU in my Volcano pinball. This may be a silly question, but someone enlighten me on how to select a game? I thought the games were preprogrammed, like the Rottendog boards, but l did not see any dip switches on the Ni-Wumpf board. There is nothing mentioned in the manual as well. Any help would be appreciated.

You have to go into diagnostics and it will be under SETUP than GAME SELECT.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ni-wumpf-system-80-help?hl=snowtrooper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.