Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200718_162156 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200718_145614 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200718_162135 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi All,
I recently picked up a Totem with a Rottendog PS, Ni-Wumpf CPU and Gottlieb Driver Board. This was purchased from an abandoned storage unit so I have no clue on it's history. After fixing the Power supply I have moved onto checking the CPU board. I have followed much of pinrepairs sys1 guide on bringing up a machine but things diverge with the Ni-Wumpf board. I am giving it proper voltages but I am getting no LED activity at all. I am getting; Startup Sound, attract mode sound, 2 Displays and one status display working (I am not sure if the displays are giving me a code/info or if it is just garbage). This is testing with only the displays plugged into the CPU board. No activity when the coin door settings button is pushed. I have emailed Ace @ Ni-Wumpf but not sure if I will get help as this is an outdated product and I am a 2nd hand owner. Has anyone run across this issue with these boards? I suppose it is possible the LED is burned out and I am just not seeing the flash(es). I am new to SS games so anything will be helpful.

IMG_20200718_145614 (resized).jpgIMG_20200718_145614 (resized).jpgIMG_20200718_162135 (resized).jpgIMG_20200718_162135 (resized).jpgIMG_20200718_162156 (resized).jpgIMG_20200718_162156 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

My suggestion is keep trying Ace. If you eventually get ahold of him he might be able to talk you through a repair. Otherwise if you send to him for repair it is reasonable cost.

2 years later
#3 1 year ago
Quoted from JethroP:

My suggestion is keep trying Ace. If you eventually get ahold of him he might be able to talk you through a repair. Otherwise if you send to him for repair it is reasonable cost.

This sounds like my problem, although I had had almost error-free operation for a long time before this (it would sometimes freeze up, showing asterisks in the displays).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

1,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ajax, ON
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ni-wumpf-system-1-cpu-v1-board-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.