Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pauz21
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi all. Bought a game with these boards in it and issues. Manually doesn't give me a very good view of the driver board and an incomplete parts list. Can anyone tell me what the qs8 and qs5 transistors control? And what their replacement parts are? Qs8 is cooked and qs5 has been replaced with an incorrect part.

Need a system 1 power supply too if someone knows the best place.

Thanks

#2 9 years ago

Can't help on transistors ... they don't post the schematics for these.
But what they actually control depends on the specific game the board is used in.

Best designed System 1 board can be found here:
http://www.pbresource.com/boards.html#gtbsys1

#3 9 years ago

EDIT: I'm sorry... I see carefully only now the title... you need help for a Ni-Wumps driver board... Sorry again

Hi! I'm also facing the earlier Gottlieb sys 1 because I've my hands on a Joker Poker.
Every "little" transistor on the driver board controls a single bulb (except Q1-Q2-Q3 and Q4 that are able to control two bulbs).
In your case Q5 controls the lamp No.5 and its imput passes through pin 13 of A3-J5 (bottom left connector). The same is for Q8 and the signal passes through pin 11 of A3-J5.
Check the cable path in order to discover the corresponding lamp (or check directly the manual).
Lamps from L5 to L36 use MPS-A13 transistor, while lamps from L1 to L4 use the bigger MPS-U45.

#4 9 years ago

Pauz (paws? - dunno),

Those transistors should be RFP12N10L or 13N10L, or whatever you can source in that range. They're MOSFETs. You could also use IRF540's or the like.

The lack of schematics is, well, laziness. I'm not sure what you'd do with them. The QS transistors correspond to the 8 power transistors on the original board (Solenoid 1 through 8). And the rest of the MPSA14 transistors *should* be numbered the same as the original driver board. Except for the circuit failure detection on the board, it should be pretty much like reading the original schematics.

-Ace
Ni-Wumpf
PS hit up Great Plains Electronics or a power supply.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from DoverPros:

Pauz (paws? - dunno),
Those transistors should be RFP12N10L or 13N10L, or whatever you can source in that range. They're MOSFETs. You could also use IRF540's or the like.
The lack of schematics is, well, laziness. I'm not sure what you'd do with them. The QS transistors correspond to the 8 power transistors on the original board (Solenoid 1 through 8). And the rest of the MPSA14 transistors *should* be numbered the same as the original driver board. Except for the circuit failure detection on the board, it should be pretty much like reading the original schematics.
-Ace
Ni-Wumpf
PS hit up Great Plains Electronics or a power supply.

AWESOME! Thanks for the Reply. Tried the website but couldn't get it to load. My too main problems with this machine since getting it are the 7 bank drop target coils locking on and no GI. The GI is blowing the fuse so I assume it's just a short somewhere and not a board issue but I've been unable to find it since I got the machine a few weeks back.

There is one light at the top on the a,b,c,d rollovers that hasn't been working either so I'm wondering if that's connected to this too. Even after I replace these parts I'm holding off on testing until I get my new power supply I just ordered from Pinball Resource. Took a close gander at the power supply after I got it home and noticed it has components actually clipped out. Decided I don't even want to bother trying to figure out why they did that and start fresh with a new board to match the others.

Hoping that will be the answer. Thanks again!

#6 9 years ago

Thanks everyone for the quick replies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ni-wumpf-system-1-board-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.