Topic Stats

• 186 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by pinballfan2000
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15830083129615139515503778765892 (resized).jpg
20200212_161427 (resized).jpg
credits (resized).png
20200201a (resized).png
peggle-2-achievements-guide (resized).jpg
Untitled-1 (resized).jpg
20200130-screenshot 2 (resized).png
20200130-screenshot (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
nineteenth (resized).png
sorcerer (resized).png
EBBF2C82-0DC2-4123-A22E-D0227C859F41.jpeg
intro (resized).png
shortCircuit (resized).png
thunderstorm (resized).png
danceParty (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider syco54645.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 4 months ago

I truly applaud your work, this is no small feat. Will be watching this closely though wish it was more akin to CCC as NGG is a solid base but feels a bit unfinished. Will this have the option to run the original code like CCC does?

#113 4 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I had it in originally, but I was worried about how pinmame handles the pulsed coils (in-lane posts and drop targets) because it just has one setting for all of them, and I didn't want to have it end up hurting anyones hardware.

oh i was unaware that you removed it. in the case of ccc it really doesnt matter as the original game is there an expanded upon. i suppose bop2.0 would be a better example in this case. completely different code yet they allow you to run the original. it is not like swapping out the kit will be fast, it would be nice to see the ability to play the original game.

#145 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m likely very interested but only if there is a way to select original or new game without replacing hardware. I would also like to see the gophers look like Bud/Buzz and see some of the original music used in 2.0.

there is no way currently to switch.

#147 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Hence my words “but only if there is a way”.

Oh I took that as asking a question. My bad.

2 weeks later
#162 3 months ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

As far as permissions from PPS to dual boot their code, I am still waiting for the go-ahead just as you are. When I get the nod or the shake, I'll post here so stay tuned.

Why do you need approval? Why not make the code able to dual boot and leave it up to the end user to get the rom and drop it in. Seems like a pointless price increase.

#165 3 months ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

The same reason Dutch Pinball licensed the Williams code for Bride Of Pinbot in BOP2.0.
There are two choices here. Either license the code and use it or do not license the code and do not use any of it. I initially tried the second path and the consensus from the posts here was that people would be willing to pay more if they could also play the original game. This is why I am following in the footsteps of Dutch Pinball and licensing the code. PPS has been gracious enough to work with me to make this happen and it looks to be moving forward. We have not signed any paperwork as yet but I am optimistic.

Sure but couldn't you write the software to look for a rom in a specific location? Emulators do this with bios files. I mean ultimately the choice is your and was not trying to shit on your project, just simply presenting an idea to keep cost down for the end users (which I would think would ultimately cause more sales).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider syco54645.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside