20230919_191611 (resized).jpg
20230829_184134 (resized).jpg
IMG_2778 (resized).jpg
IMG_2780 (resized).jpg
706386814 (resized).jpg
20230505_110335 (resized).jpg
Texas one_230301_174148 (resized).jpg
flyer8x11 REAR - NGG2 - 2022 01 28 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago

Also, First State Flippers and Delaware Pinball on Twitch, is tentatively set to stream this code on Saturday 2/1 around 6pm est. More details to come regarding the stream, but keep an eye out on First State Flippers Facebook page or follow this thread for updates.

https://www.facebook.com/1ststateflippers/

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

This looks really awesome. I just wish there was a way to switch back to the original code easily. I'm pretty nostalgic for a lot of the dots and audio.

It's actually pretty easy to switch back to the original code. All you need is a second machine, lol.

#29 4 years ago

A few more updates for everyone.

1. Installation - Here is a video link to the installation of the entire product

2. Pricing - The kit price will be $975 plus shipping. Jim is going to give free shipping to addresses in the continental USA for the early adopters, which will be the first 25 kits. If you are outside the USA, I'll deduct the difference. Remember, the P-Roc is sold separately.

3. Availability - Jim is building kits now and official release will be in the coming weeks

4. Stream Reveal - This is now confirmed for this Saturday (2/1) at 6pm est. The stream will cover the installation process as we are doing this on a friend's machine. Jim will be on hand to explain everything involved included answering questions about the game play. Actual game play will probably start around 6:45pm.

5. Twitch Channel - Delaware Pinball will be doing the live stream. https://www.twitch.tv/delawarepinball

6. Invites - Everyone is invited to join us in person!!! Seriously, we have room for 40 people to attend if anyone wants to make the trip down to Milford, Delaware. If you are interested in joining us, contact me directly for the address.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

How much is the proc system that's needed still? If I'm spending 1-2k there needs to be more content in the code and it wld be nice to b able to easily switch back to the original code. I know its alot of work to make this kit and all the coding and what's there is a great start but it's still fairly basic from the videos posted? Not much lcd content, not much in the lightshows department and pretty basic ruleset. Is there much more to come and add to this or is it basically done? Again what's there is super cool and heading in a cool direction but I think it needs much more content like the ccc kit.... especially for 1-2k .

I'm only a player and one of the streamers, so I can't speak directly for Jim. However, I think the stream will show a lot more than what you have seen in the short videos.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Can this switch between the original version and 2.0 like DPs BOP 2.0?
Also any future plans for other games? Funhouse was talked about years ago but never came to life.

No, this can't be "switched". You would have to replace the original hardware to get back to the original code.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I hope this is better than the code on Demolition Man. DM code was unplayable and a waist of my 50$.

Someone ripped you off. The DM code was freeware.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Also some hopefully constructive criticism... the info in the small green upper box is kinda difficult to read with the white shadowing. Maybe in person it might not be an issue but I thought I'd offer my unsolicited opinion
The bizarre squiggly main score font is ... interesting also.

The graphics and fonts do need some work performed on them in my opinion as well.

#71 4 years ago

Still got plenty of spots for people to attend the live stream. Let me know if you are interested in coming down.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Cardona made an alternate DM code a few years ago... A lot of work was put into it but it wasn't as good as the original and it had bugs...

Correct. But he didn't sell it. It was freeware.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I truly applaud your work, this is no small feat. Will be watching this closely though wish it was more akin to CCC as NGG is a solid base but feels a bit unfinished. Will this have the option to run the original code like CCC does?

No option. You would have to reinstall the original hardware to go back and play the original code.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I look forward to getting to play it sometime.

Thanks @rosh! We you be attending Pinfest this year? There is a good chance this game might make an appearance at that show.

#97 4 years ago

Don't forget to tune into the live stream this Saturday (2/1) at 6pm est. The first 30-45 minutes will involve us actually upgrading an existing NGG machine to the new hardware. Game play will start immediately after and we plan to play for 4-5 hours!

#114 4 years ago

Final reminder to tune into Delaware Pinball on Twitch tonight at 6pm for the NGG 2.0 live stream.

https://m.twitch.tv/delawarepinball/profile

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Aren't you going to have to pay Rick anyway? Would he want more money somehow if it offered a choice at startup?
If he's making you pay just to sell your original kit then why would "dual boot" change anything? After all it's always dual boot if the customer puts in all the effort to switch it back and forth.

He doesn’t have to pay anything to sell the regular kit. It’s 100% original.

#123 4 years ago

He is now in talks with Rick about bringing the option of both games to the kit. Like BOP did. The current kit is for sale and doesn’t require Rick’s intervention.

#125 4 years ago

No Good Gophers 2.0 is going live in just a couple of minutes!!

#128 4 years ago

OK here is a recap of our stream last night. First and foremost, the full Twitch stream will be available for the next 13 days, please watch and enjoy.

https://www.twitch.tv/delawarepinball

DISCLAIMER - I have no relationship with James Cardona or this project. James is a NJ a guy who just happens to have played in a couple of Delaware tournaments that I run and he reached out to First State Flippers to see if we would put his game to the test, which we did. My review is based solely on my opinion.

Now for the game play. It took several games for everyone to stop "shooting" at shots for the old code. Once we adjusted our shots and slowly started to understand the new code and how it works, the game play was a pleasure to shoot and quite refreshing. The new code really utilizes the entire play field for you to work towards modes and multiballs. I really enjoy the golfing aspect he has integrated into the game, it just makes sense. Starting and completing modes will get you big points, otherwise you will be grinding your way towards higher scores without starting modes.

He has wrote in 5 different multiballs, and one of them is a 6 ball multiball. All of these multiballs were awesome to play. The highlights for sure are Thunderstorm and Gopher Hunt. You can't see it in the stream with our accent lights, but when you start those 2 MB's, the entire playfield goes dark. The Thunderstorm mode has "lightning" strikes that go off which trigger certain flashers and lights for some cool effects.

The short circuit mode was pretty wild as well, this mode reverses the flippers and was well thought out.

Here are some of my critiques and wish list changes.

*While he does have 12 different music beds in the game, the main bed of music did come repetitive, however we did play the game for 7 hours straight
*I agree with others about the bear. His facials can be improved upon
*Still needs some polish on the graphics and animations

Other than that there wasn't really anything glaring from my perspective with this brand new code.

Jim - Thanks for creating this. I do hope people reach out to you to pick up this kit and experience this all new game play and I do believe they will be pleased. Good job and good luck in the future!

-Chad

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I realize It's a lot of work and I'm totally gonna stay out of all of this...
Except for this. That "bear" has the body and movement of a cartoon hippo, the ears and snout of a dog, and the face of a rat.
He's been haunting my dreams all weekend. I was thinking of buying a kit but all that money is likely going to have to pay for therapy.

Regardless, he captured your attention! He got you intrigued. I think we might bring this to the NYCPC!!!

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Played mine today .. gofers is a great game as it sits I think being able to swap back will sell a ton more I can’t not have classic gofers .

It’s a little one dimensional. Shoot for MB all day. This new code really makes you shoot all the around the PF, and with 10-12 modes plus 5 MB’s, it really breathes new life into the game. Come to Pinfest and try it!

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I’m a little confused why PPS needs to be involved in having it switch back to the original, ppl already own the machine all your doing it enabling what people already own? Only situation is if the rom was to be upgraded or changed in any way. But just a switch should be fine? Just like those Jamma switches people use in arcade machines to switch between games and hardware.

PPS is not needed if you want to switch back to the original game “Jamma” style. It would just require 15 minutes of disconnecting everything and reinstalling the original hardware.

What people are requesting is for the game to boot directly to the old code, that requires intervention from PPS.

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Indeed, i suggest this above early on in the thread.

Not sure exactly. I’m just an outsider doing beta testing. jamescardona will have to chime in.

4 weeks later
#174 4 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

The beta testers I am using are so great. They typically get together once every two weeks and play my game code for 4 to 7 hours straight. Really been tremendous at finding bugs and suggesting tweaks to the code. I think this kind of thing is a must for making a great game.

Jim - I know several people have commented on the rendition of the bear. Have you made any adjustments to this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg20-new-code-for-your-no-good-gofers-2020?tu=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.