(Topic ID: 28885)

NGG Wheel Sticker

By hanford29

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Has anyone replaced the sticker on the spinning wheel on NGG? If so, how hard is it, and do you have any tips for removing the old one? Thanks

#2 11 years ago

Nothing hard. Just tedious getting all the old one off. Scrape, naptha ( lighter fluid ).

Once the spinner is clean - line up the notch on the new sticker with the notch on the wheel.

LTG

#3 11 years ago

Thank you. Should I take the spinner assembly out of the machine to make it easier or do it as is?

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from hanford29:

Thank you. Should I take the spinner assembly out of the machine to make it easier or do it as is?

Either way. If you do it in place be careful so you don't hurt playfield.

When I did one I left it in place.

LTG

1 year later
#5 10 years ago

I just replaced an original decal (I assume it was filthy) in under thirty seconds. If you have a sharp, small chisel it's pretty easy to get the decal started. Once you have the decal started, just lift gently and evenly and it comes off clean and in one piece.

#6 10 years ago

talking about this sticker decal. Is there a particular way or orientation you need to stick on the wheel. I didn't notice anything notches when I took mine off for my restoration.?

#7 10 years ago

I just paid attention to what was selected on the wheel. I then made sure to put the new sticker in the same place. I also didn't see any notches.

#8 10 years ago

There is a vertical raised line on the side of the black disc which you line up with the triangle on the decal. The raised line does go all the way to the top of the disc but it may be difficult to see unless you remove the wheel. My original decal that was installed at the factory was slightly off, so when it came time to replace the decal, removing the wheel assembly seemed the best way to get the new decal installed exactly right. The wheel assembly is pretty easy to remove. It's also a good time to adjust the height of the wheel so it is flat with the top of the PF. The adjustment screws are easy to see.
-Terry

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

4,800 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg-wheel-sticker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.