• No Good Gofers 92 votes
    49%
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon 96 votes
    51%

(188 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shit_pickle.png

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis041:

I didn't think a none of the above option was needed.
Also, was the pickle REALLY necessary?

Pickles are always necessary, Nemey.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis041:

I didn't think a none of the above option was needed.
Also, was the pickle REALLY necessary?

Pickles are always necessary, Nemey.

#53 8 years ago

NGG is my favorite pin, so I'd have to go with that. You really can't go wrong with either, though.

#54 8 years ago

Have both but cftbl wins due to extra points for theme...

Ken
Www.pinballrebel.com

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Here's another one that makes me think of..........

You forgot a "none of the above" catagory.

I gave it a "thumbs up" because of the pickle.

#56 8 years ago

I made this exact decision a while ago. I went with CFTBL. It has a more classic feel to it, and my collection was begging for something along those lines. Either game is a winner though.

4 months later
#57 8 years ago

It is STILL 50-50! Oh wait, NGG has one more vote than CFTBL. Ha!

EDIT: D'oh! Someone ruined that! The balance remains!

#58 8 years ago

Have both but cftbl wins due to the drive in tie in

Ken
Www.pinballrebel.com

#59 8 years ago

I voted CFTBL. I've played both on location, but CFTBL always had me going back to play it until they took it away, whereas the NGG has been at the same location for three years plus now, and I only keep checking back there to see if it has been replaced by something else yet. It's not that NGG is bad, it just doesn't compel me to go play it like CFTBL does.

#60 8 years ago

No comparison for me. CFTBL all the way. Have had this game for a long time and do not plan it leaving. Thoughtbi always wanted NGG but once I acquired it, itnjust didn't do much for me and I sold it. But then again, I am not a big golf fan either so that probably has something to do with my opinion.

#61 8 years ago

I'd go with NGG. Creech is the better theme and better looking game, but NGG is a slightly better player (IMHO).

#63 8 years ago

Cftbl for me

#64 8 years ago

Same for me, the theme and artwork on CFTBL is just too perfect. Now if we could get someone to come up with some new rules for CFTBL as shinyball mentioned above, I would certainly not be opposed. I would love some better utilization of the whirlpool ramp for one example.

#65 8 years ago

NGG was my first pin and still love it

#67 8 years ago

Both are great.....edge to CFTBL.

#68 8 years ago

Slight edge goes to CFTBL. They both have great game play and humor, but CFTBL has the 'one more game' appeal for me. Two ball multiball is very challenging, especially while increasing the multiplier and hitting a super jackpot.

#69 8 years ago

creech for me. I have had it five years and it never tires

#70 8 years ago

Another vote for Creature. I had one, traded it, and then had to get it again.

1 month later
#71 7 years ago

cftbl no all the way

#72 7 years ago

don't get me wrong, i love unlicensed games, but do an ORIGINAL theme. i'm not a fan of knockoff themes - El Dorado, Hollywood Heat, etc - themes that are basically trying to be Romancing the Stone or Miami Vice without paying royalties. NGG fits this category. If it were a licensed Caddyshack game, it might like it better. plus i find the gophers kinda grating. don't like being taunted by a game after i lose a ball, either. my ego is fragile! but worst of all, seems like gameplay is constantly stopping so the gophers can do something "hilarious" on the DMD.

CFTBL's theme is really cool and the hologram is unique. love the monster / drive-in theme, and the multiball/jackpot/superjackpot mechanics are very fun and original.

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside