• No Good Gofers 92 votes
    49%
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon 96 votes
    51%

(188 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shit_pickle.png
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Pinball3000 and I are arguing which of these machines is better, Creature from the Black Lagoon or No Good Gofers. He likes CFTBL more and I like NGG more. I'd like to ask, what would be your preference of these two machines? We'd both like to hear your thoughts!

#2 10 years ago

Wow, I couldn't think of two titles that couldn't be more different. CFTBL is a more complete game with an old school feel, but I like NGG more.

#3 10 years ago

Have both.. Like both.. If I had to choose, it would be Gofers...

#4 10 years ago

NGG hands down to me.

#5 10 years ago

For some reason I could never get into Creature. Too bad because I LOVE the theme.

#6 10 years ago

Here's another one that makes me think of..........

shit_pickle.pngshit_pickle.png

You forgot a "none of the above" catagory.

#7 10 years ago

Have both--and my vote goes to CFTBL (by a nose).

Also love NGG...but CFTBL is a quintessential "just one more game" title for me.

Plus, seeing an original green hologram just makes it extra so cool for me (based on nostalgia reasons).

#8 10 years ago

Traded NGG for Creech last summer. Tried to love Gofers but it just wasn't happening. Don't know why, but it just didn't trip that magical "fun" switch for me, too bad cuz NGG was in much nicer
condition.

But, Creech is a keeper. I may love it more than lamp...

#9 10 years ago

Had both. Traded NGG away! Got tired of those smart-ass rats!!!

#10 10 years ago

Well played Creature in the wild but not NGG. Based on what I've played on TPA NGG is my favorite table. For me If I had a choice for real machine it would be NGG because of that 'Hole In One' Shot. So satisfying.

#11 10 years ago

CFTBL is my pick. I remember playing it when I was six.

#12 10 years ago

Owned both and love the theme and old drive in stuff with CFTBL. Found game difficult and kept it for 2.5 years. NGG was the best family pin we ever owned and I regret selling it. Liked the humor and different modes. Guess if I had to choose would give NGG by a hair because I liked the game play and rules slightly better.

#13 10 years ago

NGG is one of the best pinball machines ever along with Caddyshack being one of the best movies ever, IMHO. In terms of movie theme and pinball play its NGG for 18 holes.

Pool and a pond, pond would be good for CFTBL....natural spring water.

All the best....

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I didn't think a none of the above option was needed.

Also, was the pickle REALLY necessary?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Shit Pickle!

#16 10 years ago

Played both own the CFTBL and vote it because of the theme. Love the ramps too!

#17 10 years ago

Nearly an impossible choice if I had to make it, both great games that I hope to never have to get rid of.

#18 10 years ago

"WRONG HOLE!"

It is 28-29 creature right now. Close

#19 10 years ago

I've had CFTBL and I'd rather have a NGG.

#20 10 years ago

If they would sharpen up the code on NGG it wouldnt even be a contest.

#21 10 years ago

Sold my Creech and bought a NGG. 10x the fun.

#22 10 years ago

Creech all the way...

Had a hard time getting into NGG... Creech is staying.

#23 10 years ago

I think NGG is way more fun, but both are great pins.

#24 10 years ago

I have a Creech and love it, I have played NGG and like it alot. My vote is Creech!

#25 10 years ago

I went with Creech on this, although I like NGG too.

#26 10 years ago

I have a Creature, and would be difficult to sell it. But NGG is on the top 5 list to get....I want both.

#27 10 years ago

I absolutely positively love my gofers. I love them taunting me, being smart-alec, stealing my balls, the whole works. The light show is awesome, the slam ramp is fun, and there's nothing like sinking a hole in 1 on the first shot. I played the game virtually and was immediatley drawn to it, but didn't get the full experience until I actually got my real NGG. It's the first machine that has made me giggle and actually jump/cheer when I made a shot. I wuv it, and it is never going anywhere. The gofers and I are still in the honeymoon phase, but I play NGG at least every night and literally haven't put more than 5 games on any of my other machines since I got it.

I had the opportunity to get a nice CFTBL and passed. I've played it virtually and a few times in real life, but it just never clicked. I think it is a very pretty machine and I like the callouts, humor, and extra things you can do with the snack bar easter eggs. I just don't feel the need to own one.

#28 10 years ago

CFTBL was my first pin, and I would never sell it. NGG is a great game too, but CFTBL is better!

#29 10 years ago

I have both and I love Creech. NGG got boring to me quickly. I wan to sell it but I can't get any takers.

#30 10 years ago

I bought a creech not long ago, I figured if I didn't like it,I would use it as trade bait down the road but it has grown on me so it's not going anywhere for now...

#31 10 years ago

44 votes each and I justed voted for NGG to make it 45. In my opinion a far superior game to CFTBL with more speech, more humour and more lastability.

CFTBL is good, don't get me wrong but Gofers is my personal favourite.

#32 10 years ago

I just got a CFBL last week. I've owned and played lot of NGG in the past. Both are excellent games, but for me right now CFBL wins only because it's fast and really damn challenging to get a good game out of it.

#33 10 years ago

NGG for me. Tons of flow and intersting shots that are gratifying to make. The golf cart is bad ass. The gophers are pretty funny without over doing it. There are a lot of different modes that are cool to play. Color scheme is absolutely brilliant with blue ramps.

www.habosarcade.com/NoGoodGofers.htm‎

#34 10 years ago

NGG for me. I think I must be missing something on CFBL. I just never really have enjoyed the game at all. I mean, beautiful artwork, theme, sound, tone, but the gameplay has just never enticed me. I feel I can't see half of my shots.

#35 10 years ago

Had both. Sold both.

Bought back a NGG.

CFTBL is a awesome, classic game. Good music, callouts, etc.

But, for more pure playing enjoyment, NGG wins.

If I had a huge collection and wanted to fill out the "monsters" themes - I'd absolutely want to have it.... But in a small collection now- it doesn't make the cut.

#36 10 years ago

I'm biased on this for quite a few reasons, but I will say this:

I've owned every regular production DMD game, and in the small collection that I've decided to keep, NGG is one of them. Another is Viper Night Drivin though, so what does my opinion matter

CFTBL is still a great game. Everybody has their own opinions and memories though.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis041:

I didn't think a none of the above option was needed.
Also, was the pickle REALLY necessary?

Yes! and

Yes it was.

#39 10 years ago

NGG is worthy of a code update. As it stands its a flat out fun to play pin and the hole in one shot was genius and well executed. I traded into mine and really like it. Its not a deep rules game but fast & fun.

#40 10 years ago

Creech

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis041:

Pinball3000 and I are arguing which of these machines is better, Creature from the Black Lagoon or No Good Gofers. He likes CFTBL more and I like NGG more. I'd like to ask, what would be your preference of these two machines? We'd both like to hear your thoughts!

Had both, sold both & would definitely like to have a NGG in the collection again - owned the NGG f/5 years & CFTBL for about 4.
Absolutely loved Creech's theme, art, sound package & music but Game play just didn't do it for me over time, fun but not as fast & flowing or as stackable mode wise as NGG - 2 Ball multi-ball was kind of a drawback as well (IMO).
Looked for a long time time to find a nice CFTBL (& did), NGG was part of a package buy to get a MB, figured I'd just sell the NGG but really liked the play & held onto it
NGG was sold to make room for a new Pin & I won't make that mistake again if I find a keeper (fold them up, rack-em & stack-em I say! 8-}) loved the flow, speed, jokes & especially those damn taunting Gofers.

Both are great Games but my vote goes to NGG.

Pin - K

www.KimballsPinballs.com

#43 10 years ago

non pinball people love NGG.

#44 10 years ago

Own both, and would never sell either. That said, if art/theme are excluded, NGG wins on overall gameplay. Tremendous flow and speed, furious action and mayhem, and was hands down the most fun machine in my collection until the arrival of AC/DC.

However, I highly value art and theme and nothing surpasses CREECH in those categories, not to mention the major nostalgia and Americana vibe. Also, nothing in NGG can match the tension/adrenaline of trying to qualify and collect the Super Jackpot. So intense!

#45 10 years ago

As I've said before Creech can be a very polarizing game. It's pretty narrow in what you need to do which can turn some people off. Basically you just looking so save the sexpot form the creatures crotch over and over, and it's not an easy thing to do. But when you hit that Super you've really earned it. I've never gotten sick of it but I've never owned it either.

I voted for Creech even though I'm looking for a NGG as we speak....just had more experience with it. Even with that bastard snack bar shot that can get to you.

#46 10 years ago

Is the creech hologram available or still made from unobtanium ?

#47 10 years ago

NGG. CFTBL....dont get it.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I have both and I love Creech. NGG got boring to me quickly. I wan to sell it but I can't get any takers.

Where are you located?

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I'll take it.

#50 10 years ago

I swear, it is ALWAYS 50% each. I guess they're quite equal, then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg-vs-cftbl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.