print-tes.jpg
decal-sample.jpg
wheel.jpg
wheel.jpg
hatch4.jpg
hatch3.jpg
hatch_angle.jpg
sample.jpg
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

Sweet excited. Are they ready now. I've been waiting for 10 minutes now

#52 9 years ago

LOL. I've been waiting for the numbers. Once I know.....you know.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

not sure what you mean.

Where it says "Gofer Hatch" and then "Beware Gofer". Is that supposed to be written on on dynamite that's wired into the ground?

I like the original gofer plate covers. These new ones don't make sense. There is a cut out where it looks like a hatch would open up. But when the gofer rises, the whole decal would rise too, so the whole cut out thing doesn't really work. It makes sense and looks cool when the gofer is down, but once he rises.....well i ceases to make look right.

I think the original would look better, but just add the handle. That would make more visual sense. Do you know what I mean? Am I making any sense?

p.s. I'm not trying to bad mouth the idea, just giving my opinion.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Where it says "Gofer Hatch" and then "Beware Gofer". Is that supposed to be written on on dynamite that's wired into the ground?
I like the original gofer plate covers. These new ones don't make sense. There is a cut out where it looks like a hatch would open up. But when the gofer rises, the whole decal would rise too, so the whole cut out thing doesn't really work. I think the original would look better, but just add the handle. That would make more visual sense. Do you know what I mean?
p.s. I'm not trying to bad mouth the idea, just giving my opinion.

The beware of gofer's are just one warning plates. The wire you see are just the hinges of the hatch. No wiring.
hatch_angle.jpghatch_angle.jpg

#55 9 years ago

The beware of gofer's are just one warning plates. The wire you see are just the hinges of the hatch. No wiring.

Ok. But why would there be a hinge on the back? That's not how they open. They pop straight up. I think what really throws me off is the whole dark outline that makes it look like a hatch.

Could you maybe do a set the original way with a handle and then some the new way?

#56 9 years ago

If there is room I could put 2 sets of hatches. So people can put the ones with the wording or just plain jane.
I get it just the handle. No outline. The little line your are seeing is the kiss cut line of the sticker the rest is just bleed.
hatch3.jpghatch3.jpg VS hatch4.jpghatch4.jpg

#57 9 years ago

A lot of work there! Looks great. I don't know that it matches with the art style of the rest of the PF though.?

#58 9 years ago

I get it just the handle. No outline. The little line your are seeing is the kiss cut line of the sticker the rest is just bleed.

Yeah. I like that one on the right. Looks sweet!

#60 9 years ago

I just installed a new slam ramp and there are already ball traces on the flap.

Might be a good idea to mylar that decal, and the side flaps if they get hit by balls

I'll be buying these!

#61 9 years ago

Target decals added for fun. Price stays the same.

Quoted from BobC:

I just installed a new slam ramp and there are already ball traces on the flap.
Might be a good idea to mylar that decal, and the side flaps if they get hit by balls
I'll be buying these!

Mylar is never a bad idea.

#62 9 years ago

Final sheet has been updated on first post. As well I have talked to the printer and precut mylar sheets could be kiss cut to the decal size. Wondering if that interests anyone?

#63 9 years ago

Looks neat-any pics of the set installed?

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Looks neat-any pics of the set installed?

Pics once I receive the entire order

#65 9 years ago

Any idea on how much the mylar would be? I've never really used mylar, but assume you just put it on top of the sticker/decal to keep it from wearing?

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Any idea on how much the mylar would be? I've never really used mylar, but assume you just put it on top of the sticker/decal to keep it from wearing?

Not sure yet, still talking to the printer.

#67 9 years ago

Any one have photos of these installed??

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Any one have photos of these installed??

This is the first batch that I do. They are heading to the printer tonight. So photos will come once I get them

#69 9 years ago

I'd take a set of decals. Thx
Allen

#70 9 years ago

Confirmed with printer. Mylar over the laminate stock used would be overkill. If you (as a buyer) are adamant on using mylar, you could simply buy a sheet of mylar and use the kiss cut backing of the sheet and trace/cut with an exacto knife. As it stands the cost Vs the small run are not viable.

#71 9 years ago

First I would like to say these look amazing! I can't wait to get these on my machine. I do have a couple of suggestions/questions. Would it be possible to change one of the little yellow rectangle targets to blue? The jets target on the game is blue. I was also wondering if you could maybe take one of the big yellow rectangles off because there is only one of those on the game, and possibly add two round targets for the golf cart that would look like tires and wheels? Again Awesome Job!

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

First I would like to say these look amazing! I can't wait to get these on my machine. I do have a couple of suggestions/questions. Would it be possible to change one of the little yellow rectangle targets to blue? The jets target on the game is blue. I was also wondering if you could maybe take one of the big yellow rectangles off because there is only one of those on the game, and possibly add two round targets for the golf cart that would look like tires and wheels? Again Awesome Job!

Noted. My machine is in a million pieces right now and forgot about that blue target. So I will change it to blue tonight.
As for tires... maybe use the ones that are made for the topper ????

wheel.jpgwheel.jpg

#73 9 years ago

The ones made for the topper would be fine but I would personally like to have black tires.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

The ones made for the topper would be fine but I would personally like to have black tires.

Funny man....this is just the model in cinema4d...texture has not been applied yet.... LOL

#75 9 years ago

Why couldn't you have had these available before I bought this set last year?!

http://www.pinballdecals.com/NGGTargetDecalsPage.html

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I didn't have my NGG last year

#77 9 years ago

Excuses, excuses...

(checking flashinstinct's collection and wish list to see if I need to hold off on any more decal purchases...)

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

The Pinball Decal ones in the link you posted are for the targets,
the ones being sold here are for the slam ramp ...not the targets, unless target decals have been added?

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

The Pinball Decal ones in the link you posted are for the targets,
the ones being sold here are for the slam ramp ...not the targets, unless target decals have been added?

Targets have been added, take a look at the first posts. Tires are almost done.

#80 9 years ago

Yeah, I bought the target decal set awhile back, then he came up with the slam ramp decal only... and now he's progressed to covering everything. lol That's fine, I like the decal set that I've got. They were expensive, but they are padded and nicely made, and stop air-balls that I used to have on the cart decals. I think the decals for the slamp ramp, gopher ramps, and gopher hatches will look awesome with them, and then I'll have spare target decals just in case.

I tried to PayPal money earlier, but I'm at work and the PayPal website hates the old IE here, so I'll pay when I get home.

#81 9 years ago

Can't please everyone Now down to the last request. The Tires.... BudBuzz Edition will be added to the set tonight.

wheel.jpgwheel.jpg

#82 9 years ago

Nice set at a good value! Looking forward to seeing the final sheet and placing an order. Also looking forward to seeing your topper.

#83 9 years ago

Final decal sample uploaded (first post). Printer notified. These are off to print folks!

#84 9 years ago

Wow!

#85 9 years ago

Mylar Warning!
Printer talked to his material supplier yesterday. And apparently the vinyl and mylar don't have the same shrink / expand rate. Adding mylar would not be advised.

#86 9 years ago

Printer's test are in. Files are on the way. This is what they look like for real on a sheet.

print-tes.jpgprint-tes.jpg

#87 9 years ago

Will these just peel off or do we have to cut them out?

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

They peel off.

#89 9 years ago

Nice work man, look really solid. Interesting to see someone offering 3D rendered decals. I guess that's a pretty slick way to get a good grass texture. I especially like the slam ramp wood.

#90 9 years ago

Thanks Aurich. Maybe we can talk topper design on this one. I've got some 3d files done. Know any good cast molders?

#91 9 years ago

what are the square ones for?

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

what are the square ones for?

They go on top of the metal gofer plates.. the ones above the gofer heads. I made a set of doubles...so people can choose to put the plates with the gofer warnings or just the grass plates with the latch handle.

#93 9 years ago

Thanks Aurich. Maybe we can talk topper design on this one. I've got some 3d files done. Know any good cast molders?

I don't work with physical 3D guys, since my field is all digital, so afraid I'm not much help there.

If you need anything just PM me though.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just like this, they peel right off, precut.
Will be done shortly
image.jpgimage.jpg

#95 9 years ago

Damn these look sweet. Can't wait to put them on my machine.

#96 9 years ago

I thought the metal ramps covered the plate on top of the gofers...but my NGG is a a friends house, so maybe I'm wrong

Anxiously awaiting my decals...

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I thought the metal ramps covered the plate on top of the gofers...but my NGG is a a friends house, so maybe I'm wrong
Anxiously awaiting my decals...

They cover about half, but when the ramps are up and the gofers are down and locked for multiball you see the entire patch

#98 9 years ago

Sounds great!

#99 9 years ago

Hi. I was going to reply to your PM for shipping status and confirmation that you got my PayPal $,
and I couldn't because "the PM thread has been deleted"?
Do I need to re-send my shipping info for the decals?

Thanks!

Bob C

#100 9 years ago

Ok folks,
To make sense of my pm threads I have deleted the threads of those who have paid in full just to keep my things clean. (I wasn't aware it deleted it on both sides) Your shipment information is stored on a spreadsheet offsite, so if you have paid...no worries... you are on the spreadsheet. The decals will ship out from the printer very soon and I expect to start shipping these decals in the first week of September as stated in the payment information package that each of you received prior to payment.

If you guys have any questions or concerns please don't be shy and send me a PM or even an email. All you folks have my email address now

Cheers,
Guy

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg-slam-ramp-decal/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.