7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1473098591312224392473 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

NGG is resetting very similar to a low voltage reset, but it is only doing it when the ball triggers the left orbit in-lane switch. In test mode, all of the in-lane switches make a audible single beep, except for the left & right orbit in-lane switches, they make a quick triple beep. Does this make any sense to anyone?
Thanks in advance,
Zamp

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Does this make any sense to anyone?

I'd start with the basic switch matrix stuff. You do anything like change a switch or anything recently ? If so start there.

If not, consider a short to switch wiring somewhere, especially exposed lugs on a switch a ball could hit.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

for the left & right orbit in-lane switches, they make a quick triple beep.

From my experience, I see a broken wire on one of the switches cause it to register 3 or more switches, depending on where in the daisy chain of the switch matrix were it is broken. Likely if it is a broken wire, then it may be shorting to something metal that would be causing it to reset.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd start with the basic switch matrix stuff. You do anything like change a switch or anything recently ? If so start there.
If not, consider a short to switch wiring somewhere, especially exposed lugs on a switch a ball could hit.
LTG : )

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

From my experience, I see a broken wire on one of the switches cause it to register 3 or more switches, depending on where in the daisy chain of the switch matrix were it is broken. Likely if it is a broken wire, then it may be shorting to something metal that would be causing it to reset.

Thanks guy's!
Beer break & then I'll investigate some more.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

From my experience, I see a broken wire on one of the switches cause it to register 3 or more switches, depending on where in the daisy chain of the switch matrix were it is broken.

Usually when this happens, you'll have one or more switches that do not work at all. Best to test out all the switches and optos in the game so you know what row or column has been affected.

#6 7 years ago

Thanks again to everyone for the help!
It was a broken solder joint under the golf cart(same row as the left orbit) that was grounding out on the lug next to it. Re soldered & bingo! Everything is working properly! What a fun pin!

Later,
Zamp

1473098591312224392473 (resized).jpg1473098591312224392473 (resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago

Great. Enjoy your game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

4,800 (OBO)
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg-resetting-not-what-you-think and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.