Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jimjam
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

My NGG resets every time I hit the left spinner. I tested the switch with my meter and it seemed normal. I checked the wires soldered on the switch to see if they were touching and shorted, but doesn't seem so.

Not really sure 100% where to start on this one. Any pointers would be great!

#2 11 years ago

Go into switch edge test and see if activating the spinner shows more than one switch being closed. Hopefully you'll get an indication before the reset happens (if it does in switch edge).

#3 11 years ago

I should've done that first and reported. That spinner only shows one. However, a few other switches show two and the left ball through started going on/off on its own. Looks like I may have a slew of issues.

I suppose this is what I get buying with pics only and someones word.

#4 11 years ago

Start by going through that row or column of switches. One is shorted or diode is off or backwards I would bet. Check in the manual to see what switches are in that row/column and start visually checking them. After that, start testing the diodes on them.

#5 11 years ago

just a guess, but if it were me, id start with checking the diodes..a bad or broken one can cause all sorts of odd behavior

#6 11 years ago

James, just bring that over and We can fix it. I have extra stickers for the slam ramp and wheel also.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

James, just bring that over and We can fix it. I have extra stickers for the slam ramp and wheel also.

Perfect! Much thanks

#8 11 years ago

Big thanks to markmon. Took it over to his place last night and got it all fixed, few other issues were discovered as well. Learned a ton as well

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Big thanks to markmon. Took it over to his place last night and got it all fixed, few other issues were discovered as well. Learned a ton as well

<WhoDunnit>Tell us more about other issues...</WhoDunnit>
and the fix as well.

-Mark

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

<WhoDunnit>Tell us more about other issues...</WhoDunnit>
and the fix as well.
-Mark

Outer wheel opto was out - that was cleaned to be fixed so pretty easy

- golf cart was the main issue actually. While the left cart lane was having issues and lighting other switches, it turned out the golf cart diode was touching another piece of the switch down there.

- we also fixed my flipper rebuild so they play hard

A lot of it was running through the diagnosing and I got a lot out of it and how to test the board to see if thats the issue, or the wires or switches etc. It was really sweet.

#11 11 years ago

Yea. The game was actually not resetting in the normal sense. Instead, the golf cart diode short was causing some ghost switch hits on every row. When the left orbit switch was hit, this phantom switched the slam tilt. And that was the reset. Took 45 min to trace the problem down, 5 seconds to fix by bending the diode back.

The wheel optos needed to just be cleaned. Pretty sure everything was working at that point.

#12 11 years ago

Hey markmon I think its great helping out others, guys like you make these forums worth while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,800 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg-resets-every-time-i-hit-spinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.