• option 2 13 votes
    16%
  • option 3 6 votes
    7%
  • option 4 35 votes
    43%

(82 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-279.jpg
image.jpg
powder-coat6.jpg
null.jpg
Pictures_011.sized.jpg
image-934.jpg
image-105.jpg
IMG_20140828_082225.jpg
chrome.jpg
now-we-are-talking.jpg
powder-coat5.jpg
urgent-thumb.gif
powder-coat-opt2.jpg
powder-coat-opt1.jpg
powder-coat-opt4.jpg
powder-coat-opt3.jpg

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

So I am going to get my NGG parts powder coated tomorrow and I just can't make up my mind. Which options do you guys like more. I took the shot from Chris hutchins and modded it ...hope he doesn't mind. I know chrome woule be awesome...but I have to stick to my budget...and this is what my budget allows me to do

OPT1
powder-coat-opt1.jpg
OPT2
powder-coat-opt2.jpg
OPT3
powder-coat-opt3.jpg
OPT4
powder-coat-opt4.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Wheres the none option ?

#3 4 years ago

Non of them. Chrome it. If it has to be one it would have to be green.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Wheres the none option ?

No, seriously, where's the none option?!

I wouldn't do any of those powder coat colors.

I agree with fiberdude. Go with chrome.

#5 4 years ago

Yeah chroming would be nice...but at the price in canada close to $700 VS about $150 for powder coating... I'll choose $150 I doubt have a bank roll like the big shots .

#6 4 years ago

I like option 4 the best, but agree that chrome may look best.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

VS about $150 for powder coating...

Can you get that all coated for $150 or are you doing it yourself?

#8 4 years ago

If it has to be a color and not chrome, I'd try and match the blue of the cabinet for rails, lockdown bar, hinges, and (maybe) the legs. To me, color on the cabinet hardware looks best when it blends into the cabinet.

#9 4 years ago

What about leaving it stock so it doesn't look like Xibit pimped your pinball ? To each his own I guess...

#10 4 years ago

None of the above. And chrome sucks too, perma-fingerprints. Stainless for the win.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Can you get that all coated for $150 or are you doing it yourself?

I'm getting it done.

#12 4 years ago

I like 4 the best, but agree with the others that none of them look good on it in my opinion.

#13 4 years ago

I'm getting it done.

Well at least the price is good.

#14 4 years ago

I would go with none option also. I like the stock look. If I have to choose from these options, I would go with #1, I think it blends the best with the machine.

#15 4 years ago

Where is the blue option? If not chrome.. I've seen a blue that matched the background that looked nice.

#16 4 years ago

I like the original look best to be honest with you. I don't get all this powder coating business...

#18 4 years ago

I like the urgency of this poll
urgent-thumb.gif

#19 4 years ago

match the blue from cabinet, looks good on that game. green blue comb is too much over here. no way that orange...

#21 4 years ago

Natch, what a bunch of prudes lol.

I voted option 2 even though it's been buried. If you're gonna keep it and you love it...do what ya want.

#22 4 years ago

Yeah I like the orange for option two because when you look athe playfield while playing..most of the area you see is blue with accent on the flippers and lane guides....so orange would fit the bill. Plus the explosion in the middle of the cab contains orange so it did fit. As well you rarely see the sides so I was more opting for a front / playfield view for that option.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I wouldn't do any of those powder coat colors.

Yup...

#24 4 years ago

Chrome or original.... please

#25 4 years ago

Chrome, blue, or stock.

#26 4 years ago

C'mon, guys, this is URGENT! We need to help this guy ruin the look of his game ASAP!

#27 4 years ago

Seriously, stock or chrome, or go home.

#29 4 years ago

I'm guessing pinsiders, on the average, did not have high reading comprehension scores on standardized tests.

I voted 4! I generally dislike non-black coin doors, but this one blends well.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

C'mon, guys, this is URGENT! We need to help this guy ruin the look of his game ASAP!

Troll.

Troll.

Quoted from JosephT:

Chrome or original.... please

Troll.

#31 4 years ago

I like how everyone is saying chrome but I doubt many of you would fork the bill.

#32 4 years ago

Of all the options I guess the green looks best but chicks dig chrome

#33 4 years ago

None of those colors look good IMO. And I'm not sure about doing chrome on this one either.

Personally, I'd either go stock or if you're really set on doing powder, the blue that's used on the coin door and hinges in OPT1 and OPT2 would be my pick for everything.

#34 4 years ago

I like how everyone is saying chrome but I doubt many of you would fork the bill.

I agree with you on that. I'd leave it stock.

#35 4 years ago

Seriously, I would leave it stock before I did any of those colors. None of them look right.

#36 4 years ago

I like option two.

#37 4 years ago

I voted option 4, but also like 2.

However, neither would be a significant upgrade for me over leaving it stock.

#38 4 years ago

Take some time and regrain the stainless with sandpaper. You can make it look like new again for under $10

#39 4 years ago

Of that set, option 2 (orange with blue hinge)

OR

Blue Lock down, hinge, coin door, trim- green legs

#40 4 years ago

I'd buy new stock rails and such. All of these options are gaudy. Then, I don't like LEDs either...

#42 4 years ago

The first picture the blue is too aqua...second one looks good. Problem with blue is that if you are a smidge off it will look awful.

#43 4 years ago

yeah, that is fair. The one I saw in person was on route at Ground Kontrol in Portland, OR. Color was spot on.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Take some time and regrain the stainless with sandpaper. You can make it look like new again for under $10

What grade sandpaper do you recommend for doing this?

I've used steel wool.

#45 4 years ago

RobT, he is talking about compound sanding you start with 600 grit and work your way up.

#46 4 years ago

This game has too many colors going on for any one to look good except chrome in my opinion.

I have an NGG and any time I try a colored item like the leg protectors, none of them look quite right. I ended up using black leg protectors - they go with the black coin door (I would probably go Chrome on the coin door as well if I was chroming everything).

Bill

#47 4 years ago

As a powder coater i wouldn't do any of those

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

As a powder coater i wouldn't do any of those

What about cermakrome?

#49 4 years ago

chrome or option 3!

#50 4 years ago

Stock looks better than the choices shown IMO. For me powder looks good on the newer games but seems out of place on an older game like this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside