• 19 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by metallik
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi guys,

Looking for some price advice on Gofers. Not only do I have one, but another local one has come up for $2500. Not sure if I should buy it (obviously I would sell one of the two).

Mine:
New glass
Nice cabinet (a few small nicks)
Head is Fair (several rubs/scratches on the sides)
Backglass is there, but has some minor paint separation from the glass
Ding or two on the rails
Good original legs, little to no rust
Nicely repainted coin door
Complete Slam Ramp replaced
Some insert edges are worn. Worst are 3-5 golf hole inserts above flippers.
Slam ramp playfield decal
Cointaker LEDs in the inserts
Very clean inside and out
After many hours of being played (parties), a pop bumper and sling shot will go crazy. I think this is a heat related chip problem. Rebooting it fixes it.
Was shopped very thoroughly about 2 years ago, now could use a light wipe-down.
Overall I would consider this a clean, good player's machine. I don't think anyone would call it collector quality.

Newly Presented NGG:
Cabinet looks to be better than mine, definitely the head is nicer
Needs slam ramp entrance posts
DMD is half out
Left flipper problem, I think it is just weak
The above issues (DMD, flipper) might be fixed as part of the sale.
Is not clean / would need shopped.
I don't have close-ups of the playfield yet. He says it is super nice, I'm trying to get better pics.

I don't think I can make money on the $2500 one, but I might be able to swap a few nicer parts onto my game (such as the backglass and head).

Thanks,
Wade

#2 9 years ago

Unless the playfield is perfect, $2500 sounds high to me unless the issues are fixed before sale.

#3 9 years ago

If the playfield is nice, 2500 is a really good price, especially if a new dmd is included. Everything else is an easy fix.

#4 9 years ago

I just sold mine a few months ago for $3500. It was overall in damn nice shape.

#5 9 years ago

tree fiddy

#6 9 years ago

Depends on the playfield. A new DMD runs $150, a single flipper rebuild kit (if that's the problem) runs about $30, about $55 in parts to do both.

#7 9 years ago

Thanks for the input. I passed on it. It was a tough call, but I felt like the chances were pretty good that I'd end up with close to $3k into it and it'd be tough to make any money on it. (When was the last time you bought an unshopped game and only had to replace a couple of parts?) Since I already have one, there's no good reason to go through the work.

Hated to pass on it since I think it's a good price and he's given me some great deals before, but this sounded like a purchase I better just pass up.

Thanks,
Wade

#8 9 years ago

Smart move. I bought mine in pretty good condition 100% working for $2500

1 week later
#9 9 years ago

Guess I made a hasty buy. $2700.00 and head is in rough shape. Has a major wheel issue. Neither opto switch works. Just ordered new boards. Wish I would have had the chance to pick up a nice one for the 2.5k.

#10 9 years ago

Just bought one last Saturday here in So. Cal. Paid $2500 for it but it needs to be shopped and the cab has some wear. Also needed work done on the right sling and a new DMD display. It'll clean up very nicely though. Bump for Tom in San Diego!!

1 month later
#11 8 years ago

Good call, I just got a super clean, 100% working, nice cabinet one for $2500.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Good call, I just got a super clean, 100% working, nice cabinet one for $2500.

For $2500, I think NGG is steal!

I recently sold mine for $3500, but I would buy one right back at $2500!

#13 8 years ago

$2500 is a steal for this game in my opinion. I've seen several around the east coast starting around $3000 and upwards of $3600 in the past few months. Timing is everything sometimes. Luckily, a decent deal fell into my lap, but I still had to put a some time into it. But I came out ahead a fair amount on this one. I see this being a $4000+ pin in the next year or so. It's incredibly fun to play.

#14 8 years ago

I agree. The price of this game is going to go up.

#15 8 years ago

Sold mine two years ago for $3000 and the guy paid for shipping

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

I agree. The price of this game is going to go up.

I think everyone who own this game would agree to keep prices high. One listed locally to me for $2,100, but I think $2,500 for an average shape game seems right from a buyer's perspective.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

I think everyone who own this game would agree to keep prices high. One listed locally to me for $2,100, but I think $2,500 for an average shape game seems right from a buyer's perspective.

$2100 is an extrmemly good price. Generally I see them 28-3200 average.
EDIT: That was the common value when I was looking for one 2 years ago-ish. Maybe it's come down a bit. Problem with this title is people that have a PF with no slam ramp damage think that's really important and over value it.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

We had a meeting at FIFA HQ and all agreed to price fixing. You got us.

#19 8 years ago

I got my NGG back in 1999, since then I've owned, and sold: Scared Stiff, Monster Bash, Cirqus Voltaire and TOTAN. Even with its bugs, Gofers smokes 'em all. Awesomely fast game when dialed in, the gofers and slam ramp are fun toys, and it's violent as hell. Looging forward to an eventual P-ROC of it, but til then L Koziarz's buggy-ass software will suffice

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

4,800 (OBO)
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg-no-good-gofers-price-check-2015 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.