• Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140408_203536.jpg
t-boss.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sturner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 10 years ago

One thing worth mentioning is that NGG was initially designed as a "backyard mayhem" type game. It wasn't supposed to be about golf. I believe if only changed to golf when distributors in Asia complained it wouldn't work because large backyards are uncommon there.

I'm not sure when that change was made but it might explain why the game feels light on the golf stuff at times and why there are a lot of unused audio.

3 weeks later
#152 10 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

like to have it balanced, yes, exactly. It should be such that several different goals are equally rewarding to go for so a player can play to his or her strengths. successively locking balls in order to shoot the jackpot shot, like Bowen did, makes the game seem soooo one dimensional.

I think completing holes have to offer up more value. As you mention, it's one-dimensional as players simply go for the multiball jackpot. It's really the only shot in the game worth going for.

My suggestion would be to increase the scoring for each hole completed. And on top of that, have a bigger gap in scoring between finishing a hole in 6 strokes as opposed to finishing in 2 strokes. I often find myself just putting out whenever I can because it's usually not worth the risk to finish a hole in less strokes. But if scoring was more spread out on each hole, I'd probably go for a few more drives to keep the number of golf shots as low as possible. I think it adds a strategic element to the game where you're deciding on the fly whether to putt out or continue making drives.

Basically I think the golf aspect should be more important. As you said, it's about jackpots. If finishing holes/courses becomes a more important aspect, the game becomes more interesting and plays into the theme a little more. And one minor note on finishing courses. I think it would be great to have a high score/leader for who finished a course in the least amount of strokes. That aspect of the game is not given enough emphasis. Not only is it something related to golf, but it offers up another way to play the game (how few strokes can I finish a course in?).

Just some thoughts. I'll take a look at the wheel this weekend and see if I come up with anything. I loved the post earlier about making the game more confrontational.

2 months later
#195 10 years ago

I'd also be open to donating funds if it comes to it. This is a great project.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Boards
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 37.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sturner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg-new-rules-new-code?tu=sturner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.