• Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140408_203536.jpg
t-boss.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 10 years ago

I'm very interested in the plans for the animation. I think poor or absent animation would doom this project. NGG is a blast because it is not only fast and furious, but also very humorous and charming. The quality and amount of animation play a huge role in the appeal IMO. I am enormously intrigued and very hopeful, but equally skeptical that the reanimation will be worthy of the original.

#123 10 years ago

Interesting ideas.

My simple suggestion is that a mode that requires the cart to be hit should have the slam ramp activated by the right ramp/right inlane. This would give a fresh new shot for the slam ramp from the right flipper which is otherwise shot almost exclusively from the left flipper.

3 months later
#197 9 years ago

Is this going to be converted into a WPC 2.0 project?

That would be preferable, as it would preserve the original artwork and animations and help keep the spirit of the game intact.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
4 months later
#240 9 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

I am leaning toward not going with them for now but I have a wait and see attitude. Really have to weigh the cost/benefits and at the moment there are too many unknowns.

Why would you not opt for a licensed approach where you could use existing assets that work great and build from there?

There is so much that I really love about NGG. I sincerely doubt that I would want to switch to a full rewrite ala the DM project.

4 months later
#254 9 years ago

Is there no chance that you will consider a 2.0 project?

#256 9 years ago

The OP was planning of a full re-write of the code which would eliminate all the existing art and animation. I would prefer a licensed modification of existing code to add a few features, especially an 18 hole wizard mode as you mentioned and bug fixes. What is there now is too good to eliminate.

2 years later
#281 6 years ago

Any rewrite that didn't include the original assets would be a non-starter IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg-new-rules-new-code?tu=alveolus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.