• Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140408_203536.jpg
t-boss.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BobC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#151 10 years ago

I got a mode idea or 2, and might be able to do some sounds or music?

Bob C

1 month later
#156 10 years ago

is the wheel controlled or random?

Either way new modes could be added or exclusive to the player select (choice?) or Gofers choice lists for when the wheel stops on those. Maybe the modes when the player selects them could go slower on the dmd so some skill could be used in choosing?

Bob C

#158 10 years ago

By exclusive I meant if you had 5 new modes they might be the only modes available in players or gofers choice as the original modes are already on the wheel (I'm guessing they all are?)

Or you could have the new modes mixed in at a high ratio so you are more likely to get one of the newer modes.

Not sure how to convey instructions for new modes without just holding the ball and putting them on the DMD

Any plans for new voiceovers or editing existing sounds for new phrases?

I could come up with new music FYI

Bob C

Quoted from BobC:

is the wheel controlled or random?
Either way new modes could be added or exclusive to the player select (choice?) or Gofers choice lists for when the wheel stops on those. Maybe the modes when the player selects them could go slower on the dmd so some skill could be used in choosing?
Bob C

1 week later
#164 10 years ago

Ideas for new modes.

1. Water hazard multiball. If mechanically possible, the lift ramps eliminate a ball from multiball play when a ball goes under/in them. If not maybe the flippers go dead once a ball goes into one?
Maybe a hole in 1 or jackpot adds a ball?

2. A complex version of drunken multiball (will send PM)

Ideas for video modes:

1. Shoot Gofer = either Gofer moves like in JP, or target sight moves back and forth
2. Lob a ball at Gofer (more family friendly than above)
3. Lob a ball at golf hole
4. Golf ball shot shot or hole choice = like tunnel mode in Congo
5. Avoid being hit by balls = like Furba in Shadow
6. Steer ball to hole / putt
7. Steer runaway cart
8. Steer ball through Gofer tunnels = like STTNG, but avoid Gofer, Dynamite, Snakes. Prizes are points, if you make it all the way to the end you get an extra ball.
9. Dizzy or slipping Gofer = flippers control spinning disc and on DMD you try to make Gofer(s) fall down or get Dizzy

Bob C

#165 10 years ago

Maybe in the shoot Gofer or lob a ball at Gofers video mode, the Gofer can be heads on the DMD popping out of random holes.
Perhaps for effect; the respective Gofer character could pop up on the playfield too, and drop when hit / goes back down hole

Bob C

2 weeks later
#178 10 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

Update on the code.
I am at a severe stop until we can decode the AV95 board. I really thought this was already done but apparently not. I am finding out that no one has ever used freewpc on a wpc95 system. So I am the first (not scared - I was the first to do a DCS machine too). So I wrote a ton of code and it all worked in emulation but when I dumped it on the machine it will not get past POST. When I pull the ribbon that goes to the AV board the code runs but obvis with no DMD or sounds. Looks like we need to decipher some bits that the AV board is sending back to the cpu as the cpu is locking up waiting for the info (my guess as to what is happening).
I don't have a chip emulator so this project may be on the shelf until I get one.
If anyone has embedded experience and can lend a hand it would be much appreciated.

that sucks : (
but is a chip emulator software, hardware, both?
available or needs to be created?

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I'd be happy to donate to this project as well!

yes, can we raise funds for what he needs?

2 months later
#232 9 years ago

I'm guessing some fols have seen this guy's various wpc /wpc95 chip hacks / security bypasses?

http://www.edcheung.com/album/album07/Pinball/wpc_sound.htm

1 month later
#235 9 years ago

Sounds like Funhouse 2.0 is upgrading to a DMD, new boards, toys that didn't make it into the game, new code...and possible a whole playfield swap

For NGG I dont know if there were toys removed, or if an upgrade to LCD from DMD could be done.
Plus side, the chips dont need to be hacked, downside a few hundred or more $ as opposed to a chip or 2

#236 9 years ago

Hack the security chips

And ROM cost that is...

#238 9 years ago

bump

you happy now?

1 month later
#250 9 years ago

What ever you need, post a link and we'll fund it

3 months later
#251 9 years ago

Any updates James?

1 year later
#276 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

Anything new on this? I think the latest Rom made the speech more friendly. I want my adult speech back.

Is it set to adult in the settings?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,800 (OBO)
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BobC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg-new-rules-new-code?tu=BobC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.