Topic Stats

• 281 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by alveolus
  • Topic is favorited by 64 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20140408_203536.jpg
t-boss.jpg
image.jpg

There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 5 years ago

Any updates James?

1 month later
#252 5 years ago

Another bump for an update. Any news?

1 week later
#253 5 years ago

I toyed around with it a few more times a while back. I determined that the problem was in the boot/post sequence of the WPC and not related to the AV board. I am pretty sure that the watchdog timer is not being reset fast enough during post. I've tried lots of different things to remedy this to no avail. I've pretty much given up using freewpc.

I haven't purchased one yet, but I am leaning towards buying a proc board and using a beagle bone. Just haven't found time for this hobby of late.

#254 5 years ago

Is there no chance that you will consider a 2.0 project?

#255 5 years ago

I have a NGG on the way, would def help in any way possible. Honestly all it really needs is something cool at 18 holes and a few bug fixes if you ask me!

#256 5 years ago

The OP was planning of a full re-write of the code which would eliminate all the existing art and animation. I would prefer a licensed modification of existing code to add a few features, especially an 18 hole wizard mode as you mentioned and bug fixes. What is there now is too good to eliminate.

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

The OP was planning of a full re-write of the code which would eliminate all the existing art and animation. I would prefer a licensed modification of existing code to add a few features, especially an 18 hole wizard mode as you mentioned and bug fixes. What is there now is too good to eliminate.

Either option works for me.

#258 5 years ago

P-ROC with a beaglebone is a usable solution considering MissionPinballs latest findings that show it working with DMD at a workable framerate.

#259 5 years ago

I've had my NGG for a few weeks. Will keep an eye on this project, it sounds great.

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

That would work for me too!!

1 month later
#261 5 years ago

Hi James. Mine has just arrived at home. Had some doubts about buying this pinball, but after reading this topic I decided to give it a try. Dont forget us!

#262 5 years ago

If only James could do it, this game could be so much better with a bit of polish. Or even a PROC rewrite like CCC or IJ?

#263 5 years ago

Ngg is a great fun game as is but it would be nice if there was a 6 ball multiball if you finish 18 holes

#264 5 years ago

Something in a re-write that would rival the tournament strategy of "lock, lock, MB, repeat" would be great.

#265 5 years ago

I sent a pm to the OP a few days ago inquiring about this but have not heard back. Hopefully he replies here or to me. If he replies to me, I will update the thread. Cross your fingers.

3 weeks later
#266 5 years ago

My time has been severely constrained as late. As I posted earlier I gave up on the freewpc path as the engine seems to not work with WPC95 hardware and I have been unable to figure out why. Too bad as that would be the cheapest upgrade. The next idea would be to go with either fast or PROC. I did some preliminary investigation into PROC and it looks viable. I just haven't had the time lately to be honest.

#267 5 years ago

Thanks for the update James. Totally understand the time situation. Just way too much to do and can't do everything. Wish I could help, but this dumb work thing keeps getting in the way.

10 months later
#268 4 years ago

Any news?

2 months later
#269 4 years ago

Super excited to contribute in any way possible to this project

3 months later
#270 3 years ago

Anything new on this? I think the latest Rom made the speech more friendly. I want my adult speech back.

#271 3 years ago

I've been playing this game a lot lately, and I'm curious as to what hideous monsters and bugs people have found because I don't really recall anything, certainly not serious?
As for the 18 holes, it does recognize it in the bonus, it says something like 18 or full course completed -2,500,000
Tweaks to the code is always a good thing but I think the game is great as it is. Hole in one is one of the best, most addicting and hard shots in all of pinball.

#272 3 years ago

Yes hopefully James picks up this project again. I'm hoping for enhancements to the existing code, like Eric did with CCC.

#273 3 years ago

Getting a NGG so curious if this project is going to happen?

#274 3 years ago

There are scoring bugs in this code to be sure. For example, if the game tells you a 10m jackpot was earned, your score may only reflect 5m.

#275 3 years ago

I totally get why James had to bail--I've had the same thing happen to me on "for fun" projects. But it did sound like he had some really awesome ideas for NGG.

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

Anything new on this? I think the latest Rom made the speech more friendly. I want my adult speech back.

Is it set to adult in the settings?

2 months later
#277 3 years ago

Good luck James -

7 months later
#278 2 years ago

Any news on this, James? I recently bought a very nice NGG and just now bumped into an article on pavlovpinball.com about a new code you started writing. Im super excited about the idea and wish you can somehow make it work.

The article mentioned something about a new code for T2 also...I happen to have one of those as well. So? Maybe?

#279 2 years ago

Bump, curious here as well.

#280 2 years ago

This is never happening.

Feel free to do a P-ROC conversion though!

#281 2 years ago

Any rewrite that didn't include the original assets would be a non-starter IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami Shores, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Commack, NY
There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside