• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20130110-IMG_0779.jpg
20130110-IMG_0778.jpg

#1 11 years ago

I thought since I have now owned my first pin for over a month I was overdue to join the Pinside community. I recently purchased a NGG in very nice condition. There is very little playfield wear aside from a little slam ramp damage that has since been covered by a small mylar area. The cabinet is in good shape as well. The gophers are in nice condition, although Bud my need a small paint touchup at some point to fix his ball-height mustache. The upper playfield has some pretty deep scratches on the underside where Buzz’s ramp has made contact with it for quite some time, but it’s not worth replacing at this point. The machine has had a full LED kit installed. The boards look in great shape with no hacks or heat damage and the machine plays great with no errors.
To initiate myself as a true pin owner, last week I took just about everything off the top of the playfield, cleaned with Novus, waxed, and even attempted to flame polish the ramps. I figure the best way to get experience was just to dive right in. While the process was a bit slow going, it all went great and I didn’t end up with any leftover parts! I had been having some trouble with the cart switches activating far too frequently, so I stabilized the back of the upper playfield with some black foam weather stripping in the rear support slot as it had been a bit loose. I also adjusted the cart leaf switches and now don’t get any phantom cart hits (although the scores have gone down ). I replaced the wheel sticker with a new one as the existing sticker while in great shape was not aligned properly. I finished the process with a set of new rubber, new balls, and new playfield glass. While the pin didn’t look bad to begin with, it looks even better now.
The one thing that I’m still concerned with is it looks like the wheel was not mounted perfectly in the center of the cutout when it was originally assembled. It looks like I will have to move the mounting bracket to fix this. It rarely affects gameplay, but every now and then a slow roller will slightly change directions when getting caught in the wider gap between the wheel and the playfield.
What can I say except that I am now definitely hooked! What a great hobby and Pinside looks like a fabulous resource.

20130110-IMG_0778.jpg20130110-IMG_0778.jpg 20130110-IMG_0779.jpg20130110-IMG_0779.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Congrats on a great title and great looking machine, Q-Dog. Welcome to the hobby.

If you happen to document any of your repairs or restorations, it'd be great to see 'em. I refurbished my Whirlwind fan topper on a pretty limited budget and posted a bunch of picture on my website: http://www.elephanteater.com/8088

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums here.

Best,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#3 11 years ago

I am picking up a NGG this weekend. Not my first pin but I'm really looking forward to getting it. As far as hobbies go, this one has satisfied my ocd the most. There is tons of info buried in these forums and lots of good people. Welcome

#4 11 years ago

Q-Dog - nice looking game! Welcome to the hobby.

You might want to add the backboard decal that Treasure Cove sells (I think it looks pretty nice).

#5 11 years ago

Great first pin! Congrats and welcome.

#6 11 years ago

Welcome NNG is a great pin and will help suck you into buying more. Took me a while to like NNG , but now think its a really fun pin.

#7 11 years ago

congrats!!! great pin

#8 11 years ago

Thanks for rolling out the welcome mat.

Quoted from rad:

You might want to add the backboard decal that Treasure Cove sells (I think it looks pretty nice).

It does look nice. I may have to add it to my list of things to buy (keeps getting longer quickly)...

#9 11 years ago

Congrats, one of my favorite Pins.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Reston, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg-my-first-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.